Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#32 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hot freakin' damn! This is awesome news. Now I wonder if we'll get the same bonuses that Japan got. That'd be awesome.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I actually picked up the regular edition almost 2 weeks ago for 30 dollars, and then a few days later they're selling the LE for an extra 10. What a dick move on Play-Asia's part. :/ And then a few days after that (today), I find out the game's getting localized, but I was expecting that anyway because this sort of thing has happened before. Play-Asia's just clearing out stock like crazy because they're worried they're not gonna sell these anymore after today. Well, they didn't really need to worry about that in my case, since I only own a Japanese 3DS.

Excellent, I can keep my LE in the box sealed :D

I should point out that limited editions aren't actually worth a damn in Japan. So if you wanna keep it sealed because you think it looks cool, that's fine, just don't expect a major return on your investment someday. If you're ever in Akihabara, you'll see.

#34 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

really? didnt know it was in english. now if i can only get my hands on a copy. are ps2 games region locked or can i play those on my ps3?

It actually isn't.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#35 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I should point out that limited editions aren't actually worth a damn in Japan. So if you wanna keep it sealed because you think it looks cool, that's fine, just don't expect a major return on your investment someday. If you're ever in Akihabara, you'll see.

I'm not too worried. I'm a collector for the most part :D
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#36 delsus09

delsus09

Cowbell. I need it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

really? didnt know it was in english. now if i can only get my hands on a copy. are ps2 games region locked or can i play those on my ps3?

Yes, PS2 games are all region locked. You can load up a memory card with some software to soft-mod it (& I think maybe a USB flash drive too) though, which would work just fine for your game backups. I've done it with my Beet the Vandel Buster & DQ VIII JP-region games. Works like a charm, & none of that quick-swap/ console mod bullshit. I don't think the board allows public posting about softmodding consoles, but I'll PM you about it if you want; only if you have original copies of your games, of course. Same goes for anyone else that's reading this & is interested, I guess.

Edited by delsus09, 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.

This topic needs more cowbell.

Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?
Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.

#37 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

STOP THIS GAME IS BEING LOCALIZED!!!!!

http://www.destructo...ca-242789.phtml

EDIT: Oh somebody else posted this, I just got super excited when I saw the news.

Edited by mrbomb, 21 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

#38 delsus09

delsus09

Cowbell. I need it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

STOP THIS GAME IS BEING LOCALIZED!!!!!

http://www.destructo...ca-242789.phtml

Localized-schmocalized; Special edition of a JP region game that just game out/is coming out for forty bucks? Come on.

Then again, I don't have a 3DS ;'

This topic needs more cowbell.

Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?
Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.

#39 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Localized-schmocalized; Special edition of a JP region game that just game out/is coming out for forty bucks? Come on.

Then again, I don't have a 3DS ;'

As has been said already, Collector's Editions of Japanese games don't have much of a resale value. You'd be lucky to get $5 profit.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#40 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Fuck yeah the game is coming here! Was about to get this and import a 3ds, now I don't have to :)

#41 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, it's coming to the USA! I might get this when it comes if it looks good! All the more reason to get a 3DS

#42 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I can't believe this is coming out! Was surprised to come back to this thread and find out its being released in the US. Lets hope we get a cool collectors edition as well

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#43 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

It's seriously coming to us? Wow......I think I just lost so many bets at once.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't know why so many sites thought it wouldn't be released here;. It has characters from franchises that were popular in the U.S. as well, so it only makes sense.

#45 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I don't know why so many sites thought it wouldn't be released here;. It has characters from franchises that were popular in the U.S. as well, so it only makes sense.

Probably the fact that there are so many different characters/series in it. We never got the Namco one for PS2. The game itself just made me think of the Super Robot Wars series and why we never get the games anymore.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

the odds were rather low

#47 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Probably the fact that there are so many different characters/series in it. We never got the Namco one for PS2. The game itself just made me think of the Super Robot Wars series and why we never get the games anymore.

No where close to Super Robot Wars. A Super Robot Wars got license owned by dozens of companies. This game Namco only have to go to 2 companies, Capcom and Sega. Namco and Capcom already got a relationship from SF X Tekken, and Sega isn't difficult to work with either.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#48 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

No where close to Super Robot Wars. A Super Robot Wars got license owned by dozens of companies. This game Namco only have to go to 2 companies, Capcom and Sega. Namco and Capcom already got a relationship from SF X Tekken, and Sega isn't difficult to work with either.

It's still somewhat similar, and its a fairly niche game. Its understandable why so few people thought we would ever see it.

Plus, I was pretty sure that the Original Generation games didnt have any (Or very few) guest mechs, yet they never worked out a way for us to get any of those either. (Or simply make a new one for us)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

It's still somewhat similar, and its a fairly niche game. Its understandable why so few people thought we would ever see it.

I won't call a game with characters from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead Rising niche. The cast is certainly more popular than Playstation All Star.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#50 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I won't call a game with characters from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead Rising niche. The cast is certainly more popular than Playstation All Star.

I mean the gameplay style, its basically an SRPG. We would be lying to ourselves if we considered that popular lol, though the cast would definitely help getting the game out there.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm shocked that all of the licenses worked out. Things are looking good for 3DS right now.

#52 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

WHAT.

TAKE MY MONEY BANPRESTO.

Now do the same for SRW 2nd OGs. I'd love to actually understand a SRW for once.

Preorders are already up at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop....t-x-zone/107703

Edited by Logain8955, 22 January 2013 - 01:01 AM.

http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10