Things That Grind Your Gears While Shopping

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

People who walk in the clearly marked exit only doors as I'm trying to leave (or vice versa). Get out of my way you illiterate dumbass.

#32 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

People who walk in the clearly marked exit only doors as I'm trying to leave (or vice versa). Get out of my way you illiterate dumbass.

I do it all the time, especially when the doors are far apart.

It's only bad if someone stands by the door with a cart and kids, while checking the receipt.

#33 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Oh man I just remembered my experience from Best Buy at the beginning of January.

I was at Best Buy trying to find a flash drive and asked an employee where it was as they said they had some stock online. The guy looked and said "Nawh it must not be here, ask someone else." And then went and got on his phone.

I then wandered the store for a good 30 minutes with 6 employees staring at me not wanting to help me when I needed someone. I had to go to the registers and ask for help.

What was funnier was that a customer was helping out others and all of the employees were "busy" (most were standing around).

#34 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Really, babies, you were one once, I am sure you cried in a store too. This does not bother me, or moreso, I don't have to put up with it enough for it to bother me. Babies will cry, this is a fact of life.

I was satirizing the thread. :rofl:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#35 Dar_k

Dar_k

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

To the best buy post. Didn't want to quote cause it was so long.

I end up helping older folks at my local best buy cause of the same thing. Also you call a group of best buy employees a blueberry patch

#36 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

But what if I DID want the $2 protection plan on my $0.50 GC games from GS??? But seriously though, I'm so familiar at my GS the normal employee told the trainee to skip that stuff I could see it blew his little mind, like it conflicted his programming.

#37 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

I end up helping older folks at my local best buy cause of the same thing. Also you call a group of best buy employees a blueberry patch

And at Target its a strawberry patch! :lol:

New sig coming soon.

#38 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

The eventual envious rage when posting good finds in various threads here. Bunch of whining twats on this forum.

#39 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I haven't bought a video game in person in ages but when I do go out the thing that bothers me most is interacting with people I don't know.

Same here. It's mainly the other shoppers though. The way they don't respect anyone else there shopping.

Incredibly annoying.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#40 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

You know what really grinds my gears? Babies. Whenever I go into a store or sit down for a meal and I hear a baby start crying, I just want to yell, "Oh my God, will you shut the hell up?!" Babies, all the hot chicks think you're cute even though you get to snack on boobs constantly and can relieve yourself in public. You know what happened the last time I did those things? Restraining order. I can't even go into Denny's anymore. And you're still unhappy? What the hell do you want, anyway? You think you can do whatever the hell you want as long as your bodyguards are there. You think you're better than me? Fuck you, babies. Fuck you.

Diane.

Lol, your post reminded me of an episode of Family Guy. Brian at Denny's.

2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#41 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

(vD ' ' )vD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Basically to me the absolute worth thing is being approached by ANY employee. If I don't actively seek you out, don't even fucking come near me since I DO NOT need any help whatsoever. Kindly die in a fire and leave me alone until such time I may (rarely) need your stupid help locating something you have misplaced in your store.

Wow...just wow...
2014 Completed ... Games
2014 Spending ... Games ... Movies

#42 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I agree with Nogib, just without all the crazy lol. That annoys the shit out of me, too. I get that it's their job, and I don't share his homicidal tendencies, but I do find that particular thing annoying. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#43 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

A few months ago, almost every bigwig in the company stopped by for a walk. I came in and found about 15 or so managers and execs lined up at the entrance greeting customers. I wish I had seen that earlier so I could have entered somewhere else. Apparently I wasn't the only one as a high-up exec did go through another entrance undercover and only saw the cashiers. He was apparently pissed.

Later on, the execs all gathered around in the middle of the main aisle by self checkout so that the store managers could present me with a certificate for getting a perfect 10 for Customer Friendliness. I do NOT like being paraded out like that and wanted to get out there ASAP. Then everybody kept calling me "10!" the rest of the day. Highly embarrassing.

Anyway, if I was a shopper and I saw all that, I would be highly disgusted and would avoid those people as much as I could.

#44 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Its pretty annoying when Im at Goowill and the same daymn person is always in my way. They take like the exact same path I do but at a slow pace and I just wanna tell them "GET THE F*** OUTTA MY WAY!". haha

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#45 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Stores not having enough registers open with long lines and YMMV clearances.

My local Walmart still has NBA Live 2002 for XBox for full price ($50) as well as other 2004 - 2005 XBox sports games for $20 - $30.

funny thing, I decided to grab one of those decade old resealed PS2 games from their bin, it was marked like 45.97 or something ridiculous. I brought it to a scanner, the scanner had no file of it. My curiosity grew more so I brought it up to the register and had them scan it and nothing came up, they said they couldn't even sell the things and that no one had ever tried to buy one before ( I wonder why :roll:)

i found it pretty funny. they have those big bins taking up room for no reason, full of Burger king games and 2k2 sports titles haha

#46 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

I am guessing they are unable to get rid of them because it would simply cost the store too much money to see it them disappear or just junked so they remain there. Of course over here I am sure someone would try to buy one legitimately.

#47 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

I took the NBA Live game to the scanner when I saw it too, thinking there was no way that it was really full price all these years later. Even if it was a couple of dollars I wouldn't have bought it but I wanted to see how much it was in the system for. It scanned for full price.

#48 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

On one hand people don't want us to approach them (even though that's our fucking job), on the other hand they're pissed when we just stand around and don't approach them. I'm telling you, you can never please a CAG.

#49 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm telling you, you can never please a CAG.

Haha, so true. I have no problem being approached, and I'm the most socially awkward person I know. It's not like I'm a celebrity. "How dare you waste my time." I know at many stores it's their job to approach people and their performance is graded too much on secret shopper scores.

The only time I get upset is when I'm approached by three different people for help and then when I go to checkout only one register is open, with a long line. Circuit City was the worst and Best Buy is picking up the slack. I've pointed that out to a manager a couple times, but really, why do I need to point out the obvious. When someone is willing to buy something, don't annoy them by making them wait.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#50 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Basically to me the absolute worth thing is being approached by ANY employee. If I don't actively seek you out, don't even fucking come near me since I DO NOT need any help whatsoever. Kindly die in a fire and leave me alone until such time I may (rarely) need your stupid help locating something you have misplaced in your store.

Posted Image

It's called the "10-foot rule" that nearly all retailers abide by. It's also used to deter theft. Don't blame the employees for doing their jobs. If you want it to stop, do some white-knighting for us and complain to home office and tell them to stop with the 10-foot rule shit, because I hate it just as much as you.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#51 Drkmage

Drkmage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

The same people who complain about getting asked for help are the same ones who complain when no one asks them for help lol.

#52 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

The same people who complain about getting asked for help are the same ones who complain when no one asks them for help lol.

Not me. Unless I actually need help, the only one I want talking to me is the cashier. And even then, no conversations. There's a reason I never take off my headphones.

#53 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

The fact that every Wal-Mart employee I glance at looks like they have either Downs or some kind of mental handicapping disorder. Might explain why none of them can ever help me, so whenever I go to Wal-Mart it's in and out as quickly as possible. I don't want the stupid rubbing off on me.

Nice to see you're so tolerant of disabilities.

#54 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

You know what really grinds my gears?

Overly friendly sales associates and people standing in the middle of aisles hollering on the cell phone while their cart takes up 3/4th of the space. Ugh!

I've had sales associates follow me around and give me their opinion on literally every item I pick up to look at, or the worst... that sales rep at Gamestop that has a friend that's played every game out there

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#55 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

The fact that every Wal-Mart employee I glance at looks like they have either Downs or some kind of mental handicapping disorder. Might explain why none of them can ever help me, so whenever I go to Wal-Mart it's in and out as quickly as possible. I don't want the stupid rubbing off on me.

From this post, I'd say you don't have anything to worry about. :lol:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#56 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

The fact that every Wal-Mart employee I glance at looks stupid and are fairly dumb in general. Might explain why none of them can ever help me, so whenever I go to Wal-Mart it's in and out as quickly as possible. I don't want the stupid rubbing off on me.

Quit while you're ahead. It did not sound better.

So looks are now related to bring dumb? Jessica Simpson must have a Ph.D. in astrophysics. And you know at least half of Walmart employees, else you wouldn't be able to make such a generalization, right?

#57 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Alright, whatever. I'm just gonna delete the posts. Walmart sucks, end of discussion.

#58 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Alright, whatever. I'm just gonna delete the posts. Walmart sucks, end of discussion.

So you've been to every Walmart to be able to say that?
Spoiler

#59 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

I have another one to add, cashiers that lick their fingers to open a plastic bag. It's gross especially when you are buying food items (I have been in line, see a cashier lick their fingers and then leave that line). Yesterday at KMart, the cashier I had not only licked their fingers to open the bags but they were sneezing and coughing too. I probably should have just said to cancel the transaction but threw out the bags as soon as I walked out of the store. I

#60 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Considering how annoying they are to open, I understand the licking fingers thing.