(YMMV) 160GB PS3 Slim $149.99 at Best Buy

You have to check the in-store clearance at specific Best Buy stores. I checked about half a dozen in my state and they didn't have any hardware on clearance.

This is an instance of "EXTREME" YMMV

[quote name='Kaiser499']Only available for pickup in Texas it's showing for me.[/QUOTE]

The link the TC provided is his local store. Where it says "Best Buy > In-Store Clearance > VICTORY LAKES TEXAS" click on the "In-Store Clearance" link and then "Shop a different store" to change it to a different store.

I just bought one of this 2 days ago on Monday for $249, can I go back and pricematch and they will give $100 back? Im not very familiar with price matching

[quote name='smokeyp31']I just bought one of this 2 days ago on Monday for $249, can I go back and pricematch and they will give $100 back? Im not very familiar with price matching[/QUOTE]

If the store you bought it from has it on clearance for this price now then yes you should be able to. But if you're talking about price-matching the link the TC provided then unfortunately no, they won't price-match clearance items from other stores.

[quote name='smokeyp31']I just bought one of this 2 days ago on Monday for $249, can I go back and pricematch and they will give $100 back? Im not very familiar with price matching[/QUOTE]

They usually will not price match clearance items. It's store specific.

LOL ... just bought mine on Sunday for 249.99... can't wait for that clearance price to hit my state! Hopefully within the next 26 days!!!:pray:

[quote name='BMXJouster']The link the TC provided is his local store. Where it says "Best Buy > In-Store Clearance > VICTORY LAKES TEXAS" click on the "In-Store Clearance" link and then "Shop a different store" to change it to a different store.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, thanks. Nothing near me.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Only available for pickup in Texas it's showing for me.[/QUOTE]

Im about 40 miles away from the pickup location...

Is a PS3 worth the trip? Already own a 360.

[quote name='BMXJouster']The link the TC provided is his local store. Where it says "Best Buy > In-Store Clearance > VICTORY LAKES TEXAS" click on the "In-Store Clearance" link and then "Shop a different store" to change it to a different store.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know this site existed...looks like I'll be spending some time on it.

Off-topic, but hey, God of War PSP for $9.99 and Invizimals PSP for $23.99.

Not bad, I might drop in and see if they have 'em. I wonder where they stock the PSP titles these days.

Can anybody else in Tx confirm th $149 price, I live in Mcallen Tx, on monday they had 6 of these ,I bought 1 of them for $249, im gonna go check if they are on clearance hopefully I get $100 back , thanks

[quote name='TooPoor']Why do Texas folks always get the good stuff :whistle2:&[/QUOTE]

Huge gaming industry there. The company that made Doom or one of the earlier pioneer games started in Texas and programmers/game developers/producers have stayed in the area ever since.

[quote name='nixmahn']Huge gaming industry there. The company that made Doom or one of the earlier pioneer games started in Texas and programmers/game developers/producers have stayed in the area ever since.[/QUOTE]
When I was a grad student I briefly interned at TI, that place is so damn hot :hot:

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Yes this year is the perfectly worst time to buy a this generation console.[/QUOTE]

Ps3 still has a blu ray player. But PS3 cheap now and Next box/Wii U later?

We just got our first PS3 this past xmas. Cheap current gen with lots of exclusives to play, the vast majority of which are also cheap. If you ask me, this is precisely the time to buy a current gen console. I could have gotten us a Wii U (which I do want), but that would be far more expensive especially when you add in game cost, and still you have a tiny library to choose from. So I went with a PS3 (to go along with 360 and Wii). Not to mention blu-ray. We had not had that before either.

[quote name='nixmahn']Huge gaming industry there. The company that made Doom or one of the earlier pioneer games started in Texas and programmers/game developers/producers have stayed in the area ever since.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 producer "Gearbox" is headquartered in Dallas. EA has offices in Austin.

Edit: I wish the vita was $149

I would bite on this deal. I have a PS3 but it's the console/Blu-ray for my gf's place. I could use a PS3/Blu-ray at my place.

[quote name='nixmahn']Ps3 still has a blu ray player. But PS3 cheap now and Next box/Wii U later?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. Why not pick up a second one? If I came across a cheap Slim model, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I want to have a second one as a backup. I'm not going to pick up the new consoles out of the gate. Just not worth it to me, and there's a ton of uncertainty involved with each console at the moment.

If I bought one of these systems on Monday for $249, can I just go back and they will give me $100 difference back ?, also do I need to bring the system or just the receipt?, I may just buy an extra one for my brother, thanks

[quote name='ChillyWillie']Im about 40 miles away from the pickup location...

Is a PS3 worth the trip? Already own a 360.[/QUOTE]

This is the BEST time to buy a PS3. Pricing is low, the games library is rich and varied and playstation plus will keep you warm at night. All that and the nexgen systems coming this fall will be immature with at best a handful of games you might want to play upon release.

Don't forget about GearBox :) GearBox AND id are here in Dallas. Terminal Reality is here although they really haven't developed anything noteworthy in a while. There are several others but can't remember who.

Damn, I've been thinking about picking up a blueray player lately and I've basically wanted a PS3 since it was released but never wanted to pay more than like $150. So, this deal is basically the perfect scenario. Too bad it's not here in Green Bay, WI =(

Saw these at the store... at $249 still!

$149 is a no brainer for me, but at normal price I'm not so sure. The CAGness won't allow. Force is too strong.

I think this model was the best looking of the 3. 1st gen model was bulky and I didn't care for the glossy finish and the 3rd gen model looks super cheap like a cheap off-brand DVD player you would put in a kids playroom.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I think this model was the best looking of the 3. 1st gen model was bulky and I didn't care for the glossy finish and the 3rd gen model looks super cheap like a cheap off-brand DVD player you would put in a kids playroom.[/QUOTE]
Agree completely.

I had the launch 60 and it YLoD after 4 years. I love the build of this one because it was brought down in bulkiness, and runs smoother so far.

I want a 2nd one to put in my room at my parents' house when I go visit. Wouldn't hurt at $149, but $249 makes me think twice. Especially since they don't even have this model at their local store.

This model can be found in NYC, but not at this price. Likely never will be.

Looks to be Very YMMV as I cannot find any other place that has it on clearance.

Anyways the Superslim is more impressive than I thought it would be and would prefer it over this model.

I really like my ps3, anyone who jumps on this deal pick up a year of PSN+ when you get it, don't need to buy any games unless there is something you really want imo. I haven't bought a ps3 game in months i just play the games PSN+ members get.

also the 22nd dust 514 a free FPS comes to open beta for ps3 users and there is dc universe online and free realms which are 2 free to play mmos there is a lot of content so imo not worth buying games for ps3 unless on sale.

bread's done
Back