Legend of Zelda orcarina of time 3ds for 11 bucks at target

warcraft_orc_knight_warrior_sword_wow_armor_36601_256x256.jpg
+
7KJHE.png

I picked up Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for $10 yesterday. However, it did have a red sticker over the price tag that said "Online Item". There was actually two of them at that price.

That's a great price. I got it for $22 a couple of months ago from Gamestop from using a coupon (the Pepsi, I think, code) but for $11, I might get it again for my brother.

Checked another target just for kicks and it was 39.99 there too. They both had generator Rex for 3ds on an end cap for 10.00 though

thankfully this isn't true, i just caved and got it for 30 off ebay because i thought it wouldn't come down still for awhile

YMMV seems to be the case. Also just checked a local Target.

Sometimes Target will lower the price on a game because it is no longer listed in that store's planogram and they need to get rid of them. Generally speaking, if the price is even ($11.00) even this is the case. Unless there is a "price cut" sticker or the price ends in .99 it is almost certainly YMMV.

If you keep an eye on Glyde.com you can sometimes grab this at a good deal. I've gotten it twice from there and each time it was $23.xx shipped.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']YMMV seems to be the case. Also just checked a local Target.

Sometimes Target will lower the price on a game because it is no longer listed in that store's planogram and they need to get rid of them. Generally speaking, if the price is even ($11.00) even this is the case. Unless there is a "price cut" sticker or the price ends in .99 it is almost certainly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

This. My local store has the :3ds: Mario & Sonic: London Games for $11.98 and :3ds: Transformers: Dark of the Moon for $5.98. Those prices are my stores regular price.

[quote name='OregonDealz']I called they say i need 29 more dollars.[/QUOTE]

I went to Target and showed them this thread. They let me price match it for $11.

[quote name='jessesixto']kingdom hearts at my store was 10.06.. Online item as well[/QUOTE]

Where online did you see this?

[quote name='Wario64']I went to Target and showed them this thread. They let me price match it for $11.[/QUOTE]

lol i was joking... U?

Also for others this has been 20$ at BB. Just sayin. Ofcourse 11$ is a steal.

[quote name='sicsonic']thankfully this isn't true, i just caved and got it for 30 off ebay because i thought it wouldn't come down still for awhile[/QUOTE]

I bought it on amazon months ago for $22

[quote name='coopscohen']This. My local store has the :3ds: Mario & Sonic: London Games for $11.98 and :3ds: Transformers: Dark of the Moon for $5.98. Those prices are my stores regular price.[/QUOTE]

Those are actually clearance prices as indicated by the 8 at the end. They may not be stickered as such, but that is because, for whatever reason, they are on clearance but still in the planogram (or there were gaps in the display and a manager decided to just yellow sticker it so that they didn't have to red-sticker them all). I've seen one store red sticker Mario & Sonic as $11.98 and one yellow sticker it for the same. One store has more space than the other for DS games (it is also a less busy store but not sure how that might factor). Dark of the Moon was reported as (I think) $5 flat a while back by someone that no one else happened to see (which is like this thread's deal). You saw it on clearance (thought not marked as such) which means either a manager chose/had to mark it down to clear space or that Dark of the Moon is simply going to start entering the clearance cycle for Target. Mario & Sonic entered the cycle about a month and a half ago but it is one of those that seems to be just lingering at the same price. Let's Cheer is an example of that; the game stayed at $14.98 for about three months before all of my local Targets just donated them to Goodwill.

Online Items and As Is items sometimes have really odd pricing, as in stuff that will end in a 6 or a 4 (such as the MegaMind DS game I got for $1.26 a couple a days ago). These are items bought online and returned or well actually no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.

[quote name='OregonDealz']lol i was joking... U?

Also for others this has been 20$ at BB. Just sayin. Ofcourse 11$ is a steal.[/QUOTE]

How recent is the $20 price at bb? Is it still that price?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Those are actually clearance prices as indicated by the 8 at the end. They may not be stickered as such, but that is because, for whatever reason, they are on clearance but still in the planogram (or there were gaps in the display and a manager decided to just yellow sticker it so that they didn't have to red-sticker them all). I've seen one store red sticker Mario & Sonic as $11.98 and one yellow sticker it for the same. One store has more space than the other for DS games (it is also a less busy store but not sure how that might factor). Dark of the Moon was reported as (I think) $5 flat a while back by someone that no one else happened to see (which is like this thread's deal). You saw it on clearance (thought not marked as such) which means either a manager chose/had to mark it down to clear space or that Dark of the Moon is simply going to start entering the clearance cycle for Target. Mario & Sonic entered the cycle about a month and a half ago but it is one of those that seems to be just lingering at the same price. Let's Cheer is an example of that; the game stayed at $14.98 for about three months before all of my local Targets just donated them to Goodwill.

Online Items and As Is items sometimes have really odd pricing, as in stuff that will end in a 6 or a 4 (such as the MegaMind DS game I got for $1.26 a couple a days ago). These are items bought online and returned or well actually no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.[/QUOTE]

As is pricing typically happens on merchandise that has been removed from the system. For example, a Christmas item in July. For whatever reason the system will recognize the item, but it won't ring up properly.

For the OP I have no clue, but if it were $11 flat, it doesn't make sense. The Kingdom Hearts game, however you could get lucky with. They are now being shipped with an updated UPC sticker over the original one. The original UPC is not recognized so a lot of stores as ised it.

[quote name='kerbacious']I have the receipt how do I post pics ?[/QUOTE]

I guess you would have to scan it and then post the pic into your comment somehow lol.

Take a picture with your cellphone and email it to your self. Then use imgur.com to host it and post it here.

[quote name='BudzMcGee'] no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.[/QUOTE]

It's one of two things:

*The item isn't on file anymore. Usually it means that the item was left in the stockroom without being located, or it never went on clearance or sent back and just dropped out of the system.

*We don't actually sell that item. It could either have been mis-shipped and was supposed to a different retailer, or that specific store doesn't sell that particular item.

A few more possibilities include: displays, returns (those usually have "repackage" stickers though), or minor cosmetic damage.

I got it for 20 bucks from bestbuy.com during the black friday madness. I believe it was cyber monday when it was 20, along with Star fox 64 3ds.

[quote name='jessesixto']I bought it in my local store. Not online. The sticker says Online Item. Whatever that means.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/jessesixto/IMG_23161_zps09e513ca.jpg[/QUOTE]

There was an odd issue which resulted from the first printing of Kingdom Hearts 3DS having a different UPC than the subsequent printings. For some reason that original UPC wasn't tied to the DPCI for the subsequent printings and therefore the first printing (the one with the AR card sticker on the front) ended up quietly being clearanced and eventually discontinued which the regular version did not. Now that it has been discontinued the only way to clearance it out is to use "As-Is" clearance.

What this means is that if you find a Kingdom Hearts with the AR sticker on the front at Target then chances are it has been discontinued and you might be able to talk them into looking it up on the PDA and pricing it from there. If they bring it directly to the register though and scan it, it will likely give a prompt to enter the price (at which point they'll look at the shelf and see it came from the spot for $39.99 so that's what they'll enter).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There was an odd issue which resulted from the first printing of Kingdom Hearts 3DS having a different UPC than the subsequent printings. For some reason that original UPC wasn't tied to the DPCI for the subsequent printings and therefore the first printing (the one with the AR card sticker on the front) ended up quietly being clearanced and eventually discontinued which the regular version did not. Now that it has been discontinued the only way to clearance it out is to use "As-Is" clearance.

What this means is that if you find a Kingdom Hearts with the AR sticker on the front at Target then chances are it has been discontinued and you might be able to talk them into looking it up on the PDA and pricing it from there. If they bring it directly to the register though and scan it, it will likely give a prompt to enter the price (at which point they'll look at the shelf and see it came from the spot for $39.99 so that's what they'll enter).[/QUOTE]

As is stickers have prices on them and you shouldn't be charged more for what the sticker says.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There was an odd issue which resulted from the first printing of Kingdom Hearts 3DS having a different UPC than the subsequent printings. For some reason that original UPC wasn't tied to the DPCI for the subsequent printings and therefore the first printing (the one with the AR card sticker on the front) ended up quietly being clearanced and eventually discontinued which the regular version did not. Now that it has been discontinued the only way to clearance it out is to use "As-Is" clearance.

What this means is that if you find a Kingdom Hearts with the AR sticker on the front at Target then chances are it has been discontinued and you might be able to talk them into looking it up on the PDA and pricing it from there. If they bring it directly to the register though and scan it, it will likely give a prompt to enter the price (at which point they'll look at the shelf and see it came from the spot for $39.99 so that's what they'll enter).[/QUOTE]

Possible. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm tempted to go to Target now. I'm sure I won't find the game at that price, but lets hope I find something cheap. Need to build my 3DS library.

[quote name='jessesixto']I bought it in my local store. Not online. The sticker says Online Item. Whatever that means.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/jessesixto/IMG_23161_zps09e513ca.jpg[/QUOTE]

I worked at Target for close to six years. The "Online Item" sticker means that someone purchased the item off of Target.com and returned it in store. Even if that Target carries the EXACT same item already, they have to put the Online Item sticker on it. Usually they heavily discount the item in order to sell it quickly. At least this is what I was told by a coworker at guest services. One time I picked up The Third Birthday for PSP in store for $5 because it was an Online Item.

So any deal with an Online Item sticker is extremely YMMV as you can see.

bread's done
Back