Legend of Zelda orcarina of time 3ds for 11 bucks at target

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

I went to Target and showed them this thread. They let me price match it for $11.

lol i was joking... U?

Also for others this has been 20$ at BB. Just sayin. Ofcourse 11$ is a steal.

#32 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

thankfully this isn't true, i just caved and got it for 30 off ebay because i thought it wouldn't come down still for awhile

I bought it on amazon months ago for $22
:360: Disney Infinity, Walking Dead Season 2 :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#33 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Posted Image + Posted Image

This nearly killed me. :applause:

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#34 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

This. My local store has the :3ds: Mario & Sonic: London Games for $11.98 and :3ds: Transformers: Dark of the Moon for $5.98. Those prices are my stores regular price.

Those are actually clearance prices as indicated by the 8 at the end. They may not be stickered as such, but that is because, for whatever reason, they are on clearance but still in the planogram (or there were gaps in the display and a manager decided to just yellow sticker it so that they didn't have to red-sticker them all). I've seen one store red sticker Mario & Sonic as $11.98 and one yellow sticker it for the same. One store has more space than the other for DS games (it is also a less busy store but not sure how that might factor). Dark of the Moon was reported as (I think) $5 flat a while back by someone that no one else happened to see (which is like this thread's deal). You saw it on clearance (thought not marked as such) which means either a manager chose/had to mark it down to clear space or that Dark of the Moon is simply going to start entering the clearance cycle for Target. Mario & Sonic entered the cycle about a month and a half ago but it is one of those that seems to be just lingering at the same price. Let's Cheer is an example of that; the game stayed at $14.98 for about three months before all of my local Targets just donated them to Goodwill.

Online Items and As Is items sometimes have really odd pricing, as in stuff that will end in a 6 or a 4 (such as the MegaMind DS game I got for $1.26 a couple a days ago). These are items bought online and returned or well actually no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#35 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

lol i was joking... U?

Also for others this has been 20$ at BB. Just sayin. Ofcourse 11$ is a steal.

How recent is the $20 price at bb? Is it still that price?

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#36 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Those are actually clearance prices as indicated by the 8 at the end. They may not be stickered as such, but that is because, for whatever reason, they are on clearance but still in the planogram (or there were gaps in the display and a manager decided to just yellow sticker it so that they didn't have to red-sticker them all). I've seen one store red sticker Mario & Sonic as $11.98 and one yellow sticker it for the same. One store has more space than the other for DS games (it is also a less busy store but not sure how that might factor). Dark of the Moon was reported as (I think) $5 flat a while back by someone that no one else happened to see (which is like this thread's deal). You saw it on clearance (thought not marked as such) which means either a manager chose/had to mark it down to clear space or that Dark of the Moon is simply going to start entering the clearance cycle for Target. Mario & Sonic entered the cycle about a month and a half ago but it is one of those that seems to be just lingering at the same price. Let's Cheer is an example of that; the game stayed at $14.98 for about three months before all of my local Targets just donated them to Goodwill.

Online Items and As Is items sometimes have really odd pricing, as in stuff that will end in a 6 or a 4 (such as the MegaMind DS game I got for $1.26 a couple a days ago). These are items bought online and returned or well actually no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.

As is pricing typically happens on merchandise that has been removed from the system. For example, a Christmas item in July. For whatever reason the system will recognize the item, but it won't ring up properly.

For the OP I have no clue, but if it were $11 flat, it doesn't make sense. The Kingdom Hearts game, however you could get lucky with. They are now being shipped with an updated UPC sticker over the original one. The original UPC is not recognized so a lot of stores as ised it.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#37 kerbacious

kerbacious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have the receipt how do I post pics ?

#38 SkywardKing

SkywardKing

El-Skyward Magnifico

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I have the receipt how do I post pics ?

I guess you would have to scan it and then post the pic into your comment somehow lol.

#39 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Take a picture with your cellphone and email it to your self. Then use imgur.com to host it and post it here.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#40 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

no one seems to know where the "As Is" stuff comes from as it is super random most of the time.

It's one of two things:

*The item isn't on file anymore. Usually it means that the item was left in the stockroom without being located, or it never went on clearance or sent back and just dropped out of the system.

*We don't actually sell that item. It could either have been mis-shipped and was supposed to a different retailer, or that specific store doesn't sell that particular item.

A few more possibilities include: displays, returns (those usually have "repackage" stickers though), or minor cosmetic damage.

#41 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Where online did you see this?

I bought it in my local store. Not online. The sticker says Online Item. Whatever that means.

http://i161.photobuc...zps09e513ca.jpg

#42 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I got it for 20 bucks from bestbuy.com during the black friday madness. I believe it was cyber monday when it was 20, along with Star fox 64 3ds.
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#43 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I bought it in my local store. Not online. The sticker says Online Item. Whatever that means.

There was an odd issue which resulted from the first printing of Kingdom Hearts 3DS having a different UPC than the subsequent printings. For some reason that original UPC wasn't tied to the DPCI for the subsequent printings and therefore the first printing (the one with the AR card sticker on the front) ended up quietly being clearanced and eventually discontinued which the regular version did not. Now that it has been discontinued the only way to clearance it out is to use "As-Is" clearance.

What this means is that if you find a Kingdom Hearts with the AR sticker on the front at Target then chances are it has been discontinued and you might be able to talk them into looking it up on the PDA and pricing it from there. If they bring it directly to the register though and scan it, it will likely give a prompt to enter the price (at which point they'll look at the shelf and see it came from the spot for $39.99 so that's what they'll enter).

#44 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

There was an odd issue which resulted from the first printing of Kingdom Hearts 3DS having a different UPC than the subsequent printings. For some reason that original UPC wasn't tied to the DPCI for the subsequent printings and therefore the first printing (the one with the AR card sticker on the front) ended up quietly being clearanced and eventually discontinued which the regular version did not. Now that it has been discontinued the only way to clearance it out is to use "As-Is" clearance.

What this means is that if you find a Kingdom Hearts with the AR sticker on the front at Target then chances are it has been discontinued and you might be able to talk them into looking it up on the PDA and pricing it from there. If they bring it directly to the register though and scan it, it will likely give a prompt to enter the price (at which point they'll look at the shelf and see it came from the spot for $39.99 so that's what they'll enter).

As is stickers have prices on them and you shouldn't be charged more for what the sticker says.

xivpads.png

#45 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Possible. Thanks for the clarification.

#46 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm tempted to go to Target now. I'm sure I won't find the game at that price, but lets hope I find something cheap. Need to build my 3DS library.

#47 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

This nearly killed me. :applause:

Glad someone enjoyed it. I couldn't resist. :)

#48 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I worked at Target for close to six years. The "Online Item" sticker means that someone purchased the item off of Target.com and returned it in store. Even if that Target carries the EXACT same item already, they have to put the Online Item sticker on it. Usually they heavily discount the item in order to sell it quickly. At least this is what I was told by a coworker at guest services. One time I picked up The Third Birthday for PSP in store for $5 because it was an Online Item.

So any deal with an Online Item sticker is extremely YMMV as you can see.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#49 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm just going to hold off until it's free.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#50 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

How recent is the $20 price at bb? Is it still that price?

It was a Cyber Monday deal in November. I already had Zelda, but they also had Starfox 64 and Kid Icarus on sale for 20 as well! 8-)

#51 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I worked at Target for close to six years. The "Online Item" sticker means that someone purchased the item off of Target.com and returned it in store. Even if that Target carries the EXACT same item already, they have to put the Online Item sticker on it. Usually they heavily discount the item in order to sell it quickly. At least this is what I was told by a coworker at guest services. One time I picked up The Third Birthday for PSP in store for $5 because it was an Online Item.

So any deal with an Online Item sticker is extremely YMMV as you can see.

Online item can also be used if an item has been deleted from the system because it missed it's clearance markdowns (or it was returned after it has been deleted because of clearance).