CAGcast #310: Tor-so Crazy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Well, it's good that Wombat went and talked about the Wii CheapyD, because you would have done the Karaoke for the Wii and avoid the whole anger scenario that you have with the Xbox 360 Karaoke game. Also, surprisingly that XSEED announced that Pandora's Tower, a Japan Wii exclusive game will come to the US in the Spring, which gives you a reason to pick up the Wii because with the Wii U, Wii games are all but gone and all of a sudden, there is another Wii game to pick up since the Wii U is able to play Wii games.

I wanted to hear your opinions on smartphones because Japan is bursting with cell phone technology or as I like to called it, Metropolis Tech City. Has there been a game for a mobile device that you either love or hate?

#32 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Honestly, if you can't see what is wrong with this torso garbage then you probably need to reevaluate your views on female portrayals in media especially in video games. It's pretty easy to dismiss legitimate arguments against this when you decide to be thickheaded about it.

#33 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Let me preface this by saying, I like Shipwreck and think he ads another dimension to the show. Now then, it was good to hear Cheapy and Wombat together. It reminds me of when I first starting listening to the Cagcast. You guys are just very natural together and i enjoy listening. Now to watch the TAC video.

#34 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Excellent show, Wombat.

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#35 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I can just see Dead or Alive taking notes on this torso controversy. "Add a head", "No blood", "Add arms", "Add butt" bingo! We got a bust for next DoA CE!!!

I'm not a fan of Devil May Cry, I only played the first one many years ago. But I still feel what they did with DmC was kind of odd, why piss off your fans that will buy the game on release? They should have done a spin off called Angel May Laugh, it's not the same character anyway. DMC HD Collection already has a game called Devil May Cry on it. Look to Metal Gear (rising/revengance?) for how it is handling that, it's not a "reboot" of Snake.

How do you think Halo fans would react to Master Chief being turned into a whiny emo wanker, who acts like the intro of Far Cry 3?

#36 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Terrible show without Shipwreck. I'd rather have you delay the taping instead of going on without Shipwreck.

Portal 2 i thought was a shooter

#37 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

good effort fellas, decent show

the whole torso thing is in poor taste and with a very limited audience, but it really pisses me off. they wouldnt have made it without consumer input, even if it was very limited or generally aweful.

the booth at the end was great! if you're into british humor i suggest spy or whites on hulu

Edited by felix559, 19 January 2013 - 08:51 AM.
i no rant

#38 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Love the classic Cagcast. As for DMC, it more Ninja Theory's aattitude toward the franchise as well as fans either flat out insulting them or in Capcom's case banning people from their site without warning. Ninja Theory has admitted that they have never liked Devil May Cry let alone Dante. They have no respect for the franchise or the fans so why should fans buy a game from people who don't respect them?

fs.png

#39 TheDrypa

TheDrypa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm loving the fact that Cheapy has been playing FIFA! As a long time FIFA fan and player (I play the game weekly the day it comes out untill the day the new FIFA is released) I'm very happy that FIFA is finally getting some love on the Podcast. If you ever need some help with the game Cheapy, all you need to do is ask haha! Love the show guys!

#40 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

the whole torso thing is in poor taste and with a very limited audience, but it really pisses me off. they wouldnt have made it without consumer input, even if it was very limited or generally aweful.

That seems pretty unlikely to me, unless it was so limited as to ask something so vague as if consumers would like a statue. I'm guessing the marketing department just figured that their core audience liked boobs and liked gore, so they put 2 and 2 together and came up with this. Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#41 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

This episode brought to you by PENG,
There's always Peng:
Posted Image

Dead Space 3 is almost here.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#42 warmonked

warmonked

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

yah, Wombat's right. You mention it in EVERY podcast. :P

#43 snakecharmr

snakecharmr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Disney infinity starter set comes with three playsets, incredibles, pirates, monsters univ.

the single packs are 12.99 and three packs 29.99

power disc packs come with two discs. At 4.99

playset packs believe to come with 2 figures associated with the playset. Which are ones not included with the base game.

I found a huge article with all the information.
in case anyone else was wondering. I thought I would share that info.

here is the site link
http://m.officialnin...y-sets-figures/

#44 spid

spid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

It is way too early to declare Smartglass a failure. It will take at least a year before you see major integration into games. Think of how XBLA was launched on the original Xbox and compare that to where it is now. the problem is people expect every feature to be fully backed and every use case to be fairly explored in six months.

In the spirit of Devil May Cry fans I have not seen Ultimate Spider-man, but I instantly hate it.

#45 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm loving the fact that Cheapy has been playing FIFA! As a long time FIFA fan and player (I play the game weekly the day it comes out untill the day the new FIFA is released) I'm very happy that FIFA is finally getting some love on the Podcast. If you ever need some help with the game Cheapy, all you need to do is ask haha! Love the show guys!

Fifa 12 on 360 is my go-to game for fun, quick distractions...I set the game to easy, shortest game possible, play as a striker and let the AI do all the defending. I typically win anywhere from 8-16 to nothing.

Also play longer, more serious games from time to time but mindless entertainment is my preferred mode...

#46 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Show Notes

4:00 Cheapy's Tokyo American Club commercial
8:00 More on the Karaoke pricing
11:00 Watch This: Dredd
14:00 Netflix, DC movie run down
17:00 Ultimate Spider-man, Avengers
20:00 The Booth at the End
22:15 New Releases: Devil May Cry
32:00 Disneylanders
40:00 Dead Island Torso edition
44:30 Obama gun control / video games
48:45 Epic Mickey 2 salos
50:15 NPD
55:00 FIFA 13
55:45 Bethesda trademarks Fallout for a tv show
1:00:00 Most regrettable/best purchase?
1:02:30 Most anticipated
1:06:30 What if there are no used games?

#47 SoxFan13

SoxFan13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I love how Cheapy tried to act like he never talks about TAC! C'mon, Cheapy, Tokyo American Club is like the new Jean Snow of the CAGcast.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love hearing about your life in Japan, so don't stop talking about it.

#48 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Shipwreck was missed. Cheapy and Wombat just breezed past the Borderlands 2 DLC "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt." Those Borderlands 2 DLCs are huge. Equal in size to a full XBLA game. I think Shipwreck would've at least mentioned what they story was about.

#49 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Shipwreck was missed. Cheapy and Wombat just breezed past the Borderlands 2 DLC "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt." Those Borderlands 2 DLCs are huge. Equal in size to a full XBLA game. I think Shipwreck would've at least mentioned what they story was about.

Can't tell if this was a joke/sarcastic? The newest Borderlands 2 DLC takes 45 minutes, better than $15 map pack money grabs of other games sure, but still...

#50 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Mentioning something every other episode is not mentioning it too much. Whatever's on our hosts' minds is what we'll hear about. Talking about sports and comic books, on the other hand.

Re: Disneylanders
Disney is missing the point at $35. Anyone with kids old enough to spend money understands how important the $10 bottom line price point is. That is a figure every week for many kids on their allowance, or a figure a month for my kids. $35 is a stretch goal for a kid.

These things are a hunk of plastic with a 10 cent RF chip. The reason Skylanders worked is because they priced it as low as they reasonably could without making it seem worthless (like at the McDonalds toy level). Disney has priced the add-ons as high as they possibly could (if $35 is true), and success is far from assured at the phenom level Skylanders has reached. Agree with you guys. Disneylanders is not an attractive proposition as a parent or kid.

Riptorsogate:
Did anyone notice that there was an apology, but no commitment to stop preorders on that package. Sounds like a planned publicity grab!

Smartglass:
I enjoy looking at achievements on it. But if you play Dance Central 3, it's fantastic for setting up a playlist. Leave it to Harmonix to get it right. Too bad Rock Band 3 doesn't allow you to make setlists with it. What do you think about Smartglass being an experiment for the next console generation? I think Wii-U is just coming to market before the next gen consoles with tabletability. PS4 or Xbox 3 will have tablet interactivity, and Smartglass is a test case for Microsoft.

Edited by ianoid, 22 January 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image

#51 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

What a great quote.

#52 monahawk217

monahawk217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Swelled with Rochester pride at the beginning of the show , to the point that I went out and got a garbage plate.

#53 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Wombat, I think you hit the nail on the head this will be the year of the backlog. Not too much I'm looking forward to this year. I also have too much to play and not enough time. I shudder to think that even Shipwreck can't play everything.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#54 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Holy sellout Batman! That ting spot was weird...i almost threw up a little (just had stomach flu).
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#55 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

lol found some of the softbank commercials with Dante. and the dog and tommyleejones. crazy stuff. also watched the tokyo american club video. you did great ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#56 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

My wife, kids and i just watched Batman Year 1. Brutal Graphic stuff. it was awesome. I loved Gordan's voice with Cranston. Great Movie. Peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif