pre-order the Classic White PS3™ Instant Game Collection Bundle 299.99

S

starmask2k3

http://m.us.playstation.com/ps3/sys...comwa_ps3psplusbundlehomepage2_b&psu=17517480

Available for pre-order on amazon right now.(thanks to htz for the link)
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Instan...dp/B00AASQJAM/

Available for pre-order on BestBuy right now
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...40472873&skuId=7333042&st=white Ps3&cp=1&lp=6

Limited Edition Classic White PlayStation®3 with massive 500GB* hard drive to store your entertainment including:

3750 Games 297 Movies 198,437 Songs 80,000 PhotosBundle Contents

PlayStation

1 Year of PlayStation

DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
AC Power Cord
AV Cable USB Cable

Features:Instant Game Collection Bundle includes a 1-Year

Plus featuring: ®

Membership to PlayStation

12 Hit games including LittleBigPlanet™ 2, inFAMOUS™ 2, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One™, and more added each month Access to member exclusive Game Betas, Demos and Features

®

Exclusive discounts of 10% - 75% on the PlayStation Store 1 GB of cloud storage and automatic game saves and system updates 6 Additional games unlocked for your PS Vita system

Last edited:
[quote name='Jaysonguy']So they think their rental games are a library?

Awesome[/QUOTE] Funny lol. I was thinking those games actually came in the package at first. A year pass to play those games is weak. It's going to suck for someone that doesn't understand and they come back a year later wondering what happened to their games lol.

Like the white, like 500GB HDD, not sure about that new slim PS3 yet. Was always worried about the clutch "suck in disc" drive for long term but something about that new PS3 just seems cheapish.

[quote name='Tsel']What games are they playing if they can fit 3,750 of them onto a 500GB hard drive?[/QUOTE]

PS Minis.

500 GB drive is big, sure. But big enough 3750 games? Not when the Instant Game Collection includes Ratchet & Clank : All 4 One (20 GB) and Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition (14 GB).

If it was the slim I'd jump but a top loaded device doesn't work with an entertainment center. I wonder who was the genius that decided that

Caption says "Classic White," but box says "Crystal White". Who do we believe? I'll go with the box Alex, although ps3 boxes are infamous (pun) for having typos.

But this is really no deal, other than the color unless you value that size of hard drive, since bundles with real games have been this price and cheaper for a while. "Instant" game collection is instantly vanishable in 1 yr.

Hrm.. My PS3 Slim from 2010 Black Friday is having trouble reading discs, and I need to return my Neo Geo X for credit...

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN+ is a great deal, but this "bundle" is not really a deal.

For $299, if it also had God of War Ascension then maybe...maybe...

I've been keeping my eye on some new PS3 bundles to replace my PS3 (which I have a feeling is not going to make it much more, HDMI seems to be going on it). Great to see a white one... but come on man... $299. Sony, you can do better on this.

Awesome[/QUOTE]

it's better then xbox live gold, and honestly it's awesome, $50 a year and you get the library you had in the past + all the new things? also how many games do you REALLY play after the 1month mark, it's probably a small number =\ in the end you save lots of money with PSN+, oh yea and there is discounts on items too

All in all, this bundle is nice $300 for a 500gb HDD ps3 and year of plus? I kinda wish it came with an HDMI cord to complete the package.

[quote name='TommyLove']no final fantasy 13 design. Looks like I'm going to pass.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Say what you will about the game, the Limited PS3 console tied to it is gorgeous.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Seems kind of late in the game to release another ps3. Supposedly they might announce their new system at e3.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Almost seems like trolling from Sony.

"Hey, America, we know you've waited for other colors for your PS3! So here you go!....oh, and be sure to buy our PS4 in a few months after that! Black, of course." ;) )

[quote name='SkywardKing']Funny lol. I was thinking those games actually came in the package at first. A year pass to play those games is weak. It's going to suck for someone that doesn't understand and they come back a year later wondering what happened to their games lol.[/QUOTE]

Then...why not wait a year and just use the money to buy a PS4. :???:

Similar to how well the PS2 sold after the release of the PS3 their is no reason to believe that Sony will stop manufacturing the PS3 until several years after the next console has been released.

In fact it has been well documented that the PS3 is just starting to gain momentum in many developing countries (it has now globally started to outsell the Xbox 360) so I would continue to expect to see more models in the future.

As someone mentioned this isn't a great deal but it is priced on par with everything else on the market.

The 500GB AC3 bundle is $299.99 so why would this be cheaper?

Also incase you haven't noticed Microsoft raised the price of the 250GB model back to $299.99 (same with the 4GB Kinect bundle). They are no longer $249.99 like they were for the past two months.

is that a deal? LOL thats overpriced for what it is... they are throwing in a 1 year subscription to their digital rental service and thats it...

[quote name='DarkPGR']is that a deal? LOL thats overpriced for what it is... they are throwing in a 1 year subscription to their digital rental service and thats it...[/QUOTE]

Original.

Please explain to me how $299 is overpriced when the only other 500GB PS3 is also $299.99 and that comes with a $60 game.

Or is it overpriced compared to the $299 250GB Xbox 360?

Sony has said it themselves that the majority of PS2s were sold when it finally hit $200 or below.

It took 13 years for the PS2 to be discontinued and that system isn't even upgradeable via firmware. Sony could turn the PS3 into something like a google tv by adding new entertainment apps or use Gaikai to stream more hardware intensive games that the PS3 can't handle for people with faster internet but don't want a PS4.

I highly doubt the PS3 is nearing the end of its life cycle, probably not even half way considering how digital services, cloud technology, upgradeable firmware, and lower MSRP can easily prolong its life.

Awesome[/QUOTE]
well what does one do at a library? Rent out items

[quote name='NonShalant']If it was the slim I'd jump but a top loaded device doesn't work with an entertainment center. I wonder who was the genius that decided that[/QUOTE]

You mean because there is not enough vertical space between the shelves? The new super slim has a cover that slides to the left to load your discs, so you should be fine. It doesn't flip up if that's what you mean.
IMO still looks cheap compared to the original and slim, so I'm passing for now.

first off, sony said no next gen system to 2015(some talk of late 2014) anyway im on moble, is there ANY disc games with this? I love the white

[quote name='usrevenge']All in all, this bundle is nice $300 for a 500gb HDD ps3 and year of plus? I kinda wish it came with an HDMI cord to complete the package.[/QUOTE]

You can get a 6 ft HDMI cable on eBay for $1 shipped. I've bought a bunch and supplied them to friends and family and they are fine.

[quote name='usrevenge']
All in all, this bundle is nice $300 for a 500gb HDD ps3 and year of plus? I kinda wish it came with an HDMI cord to complete the package.[/QUOTE]

You'll get the AV Cable, and like it!! :D I swear if the ps4 comes with an AV cable I will fuckin send it back to GS lol.

EDIT: I actually thought about trading in my current super slim for this because of the color (of console and controller) and ps+. But not anymore, I'll just keep mine.

Does everyone here know you can cheaply upgrade the size of your HDD?

Just a PSA for people considering this just because of the HDD size.

[quote name='bg2001']Does everyone here know you can cheaply upgrade the size of your HDD?

Just a PSA for people considering this just because of the HDD size.[/QUOTE]

+1

Grab a $55 ish (less if you look around) hdd from Newegg or Amazon and presto! Easy peasy! Insta 500GB capacity. Restore your back up (you did back up, right?) and it's like you never left :applause:

[quote name='bg2001']Does everyone here know you can cheaply upgrade the size of your HDD?

Just a PSA for people considering this just because of the HDD size.[/QUOTE]

I originally bought the Metal Gear Solid Bundle that had the 80GB HDD in it. I upgraded to a 750GB HDD two years ago. Best upgrade ever. I paid around $60-$70 for it. 500GB should be fine. Just take into account that a lot of games require an install, and you also have to factor in updates; DLC, and digital games as well.

[quote name='kiddy_pride']is anyone going to buy this one just becuz of its color?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the market for a new PS3 anyway.

I might jump on a "special edition" color this time. Not sure the white one looks that good though... will have to see more pictures of it.

It's kind of weird, I always wanted a white "slim" PS3. But the super-slim to me looks a bit funky in white. Will have to see more pictures of it. Price is $299 which doesn't make me run out and want it. I think the PS3 is due for at least a $50 price cut (i.e. make the $199 price permanent)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I originally bought the Metal Gear Solid Bundle that had the 80GB HDD in it. I upgraded to a 750GB HDD two years ago. Best upgrade ever. I paid around $60-$70 for it. 500GB should be fine. Just take into account that a lot of games require an install, and you also have to factor in updates; DLC, and digital games as well.[/QUOTE]

Heya, I bought the same one. 4 USB ports and "software" backwards compatibility for my existing PS2 games, still going strong. I only went with 500GB and with all these Plus games, I'm reconsidering kicking it up, D'oh!

Is Sony telling people the truth, that they're renting the 12 games?

So many people would have bought that if they released that as the AC3 bundle. I already owned a Vita but bought the white one because, well, I had to.

bread's done
Back