(DEAD) Game of Thrones S2 (bluray) $27.99 pre-order at FYE

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Come on Amazon, there is no way I am paying more for season 2 than season 1.....
Spoiler

Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#32 GenoWhirl621

GenoWhirl621

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

That is a pretty good price! According to Camelegg.com Amazon hasn't dropped Season 1 Blu Ray that cheap (lowest looks to be $38.99). Although I dont think Camelegg tracks gold box prices. Recent ebay sales for Season 1 Blu ray are no where near that cheap either.

You can pick a cheaper shipping @ $2.99. There is also tax. I ended up paying $32.99 with shipping + tax. Good Deal!

#33 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

anyone sending this to Amazon is likely just wasting their time...

#34 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wasting my time was worth it... please report to Amazon. I already have it on pre-order there. Hope they honor the low price. Do it!
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#35 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Wasting my time was worth it... please report to Amazon. I already have it on pre-order there. Hope they honor the low price. Do it!

Same. If not, took me like 30 seconds max. I hate FYE and will keep my Amazon order regardless.

#36 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

This is dead on FYE so no match

#37 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

It's $57.99 now, which makes me suspect that someone hit the wrong key while they were entering the price. I wonder if these will get cancelled.

#38 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

It's $57.99 now, which makes me suspect that someone hit the wrong key while they were entering the price. I wonder if these will get cancelled.

Hope they don't cancel. I need my Game of Thrones fix!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Bah, was just going to order this too!

#40 omgcarebears

omgcarebears

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I just got my cancellation email from FYE, did anyone else get one?

#41 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Got one. Funny they charge my credit card right away but It can take them up to two months to refund my money from the date of cancellation

#42 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

FYE can go FYE itself. Pre-ordering through Amazon.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 GenoWhirl621

GenoWhirl621

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thank you for your recent order at FYE.

This email is to confirm the cancellation for the item listed below. At the time that your order was placed, the price of the item was incorrect on our website. Because of this error, we have cancelled the item from your order. No further action is required on your part. If your credit card or gift card was charged, a refund has been processed back to the original method of payment. Please allow up to two billing cycles for your refund credit to appear on your credit card statement.

Lame. Last time I buy something from FYE.

#44 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Mine just got cancelled as well :(

#45 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

lol

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I hate FYE, they always end up cancelling any order I get a half way decent deal on.

That being said I was at Walmart and saw that you can preorder S2 for $34.xx. You pay in full now and get a blu-ray case that contains a few special features and I think S2E1.

It also comes with a voucher that has a code that you use on a website to get the actual season mailed to you when it releases so that you don't have to go back to the store to pick it up. Not sure if it'll arrive on day one but I though the $34.xx was a halfway decent price

#47 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

just wanted post they cancled mine too an up to two months to refund? sound like a bait an switch to me will never use them again even if was a price error
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#48 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Canceled as well, Fuck fye. Seeing a pending charge is going to be annoying for 2 months..
Posted Image

#49 Coyotezeye

Coyotezeye

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I hate FYE, they always end up cancelling any order I get a half way decent deal on.

That being said I was at Walmart and saw that you can preorder S2 for $34.xx. You pay in full now and get a blu-ray case that contains a few special features and I think S2E1.

It also comes with a voucher that has a code that you use on a website to get the actual season mailed to you when it releases so that you don't have to go back to the store to pick it up. Not sure if it'll arrive on day one but I though the $34.xx was a halfway decent price

Looks like its $50 on Walmart.com

In store only?

#50 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Looks like its $50 on Walmart.com

In store only?

Yeah this was something I saw in-store. They had them in the display with other new release blu-rays. It is just a slim blu-ray case with art and advertisements from GOT Season 2.

It looks like you prepay the entire amount and get the bonus disc and voucher which you redeem online to have the actual physical S2 mailed to you.

#51 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

It looks like you prepay the entire amount and get the bonus disc and voucher which you redeem online to have the actual physical S2 mailed to you.

Sounds like alot of work. Not sure what WM gets out of this exactly other than your money upfront, but I will look into this. Sounds like a good deal.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 geeknhard

geeknhard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Just deleted season 2 from the DVR waiting on the Blu release. If Wally's got a deal like that, I'm sure BB & Amazon will have similar or better, I'll wait them out, & by them I mean Amazon.
My Movie Collection. :D
http://geeknhard.dvdaf.com/

#53 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm surprised that FYE won't honor this. It's not like it's a crazy over the top deal that they'd lose tons of money on. It would have been much better to save yourself from pissed off customers and honor the price for people that already purchased it.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#54 Skiry

Skiry

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I saw the Wal-Mart deal too.

I was debating whether or not to do it. Anyone done anything like this with Wal-Mart? Is it worth it?

#55 Geauxn

Geauxn

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Here's confirmation from Facebook on the Best Buy sigil covers for those interested. Guess we just have to wait for the pre-orders to go up. https://www.facebook...151229201438240

There's a Baratheon cover floating around too, but looks like that may be for Spain only. Fine with me, I'm hoping for a Stannis Baratheon's sigil cover rather than Robert/Joffery's anyway.

#56 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Damn, gonna make it tough to decide....

#57 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I can confirm the $34.99 Wal-Mart deal too. Which makes me really surprised FYE didn't honor the slightly lower price mistake.

#58 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

FYE sucks, plain and simple. They'll be out the door soon enough.

#59 GenoWhirl621

GenoWhirl621

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Does Best Buy price match pre-order items? I want to pay the walmart price for the Greyjoy version.

I tried calling my local BB and the person I talked to did not seem to understand.

#60 Geauxn

Geauxn

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Doubt it since it's a Best Buy exclusive. I've tried PM'ing a BB exclusive before, though not in awhile, and they wouldn't do it.

BB will most likely lower their price to $35 as the release date approaches anyway. I believe season 1 was $35 on release day too.