Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Hardcover Guide Amazon 21.99 ***Price Lowered***

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#391 htz

htz

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I just called a best buy looking for a guide for a friend of mine, they're sold out at every store for over 100mi.

It's crazy how a $40 guide is sold out everywhere. Even Best Buy is sold out online right now.

#392 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

It's because it comes with DLC. I guarantee you that is a huge reason and probably the #1 reason. Guides rarely sell out, and especially for a game like this.

#393 Clownfyre

Clownfyre

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

My guide shipped today after a day of waiting. I also got the price cheaper so I don't mind the wait now.

Does the guide come with a poster of somesort? I would love to have more ni no kuni stuff.

No poster, just hardcover book with DLC paper on the back. Last few pages of the book is artwork and an interview about the game.

#394 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

So uh... Is this book becoming like the first Skyrim hardcover? It seems to be sold out everywhere, everyone is going apeshit over it.

Gotta feeling its going to be exactly like that. Meaning it'll be back in stock so don't overpay. Prima isn't some small publisher, so they'll sure reprint it for cash.

#395 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I regret canceling mine a few days ago. :( Oh well, ordered from BN. $31 with express ship and tax.

#396 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Gotta feeling its going to be exactly like that. Meaning it'll be back in stock so don't overpay. Prima isn't some small publisher, so they'll sure reprint it for cash.

I own it, paid $20 for it at best buy yesterday. I've been using it today too.

#397 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

regret not placing an order for it before but these things usually come back in stock, ill be patient

#398 ImpurePhoen1x

ImpurePhoen1x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Any idea when it'll restock?
Posted Image

#399 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

No poster, just hardcover book with DLC paper on the back. Last few pages of the book is artwork and an interview about the game.

Nice :D can't wait to look through mine
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#400 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Loving the guide so far, especially the fact its spoiler free. Pretty crazy how fast it sold out, every Gamestop/Best Buy within 50-100 miles of me is sold out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#401 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Oh i know ill get it if i chat - just was curious if it would autocorrect in a day or so. I want to avoid "customer concessions" when possible

It auto adjusted for me, even though it was a preorder & I don't think the price fell to $21.99 before today. This is what I got in mail

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $7.85 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: Prima Official Game Guide
Price on order date: $29.84
Price charged at shipping: $23.99
Lowest price before release date: $21.99
Amount to be refunded: $2.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $7.85

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed

#402 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Just got that same email. At least they got the lowest price right and it's nice that I won't have to hound them about that too.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#403 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I just got an email about the refund for the price adjustment. Thanks for not making me go through CSR hell for $2, Amazon!

#404 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Loving the guide so far, especially the fact its spoiler free. Pretty crazy how fast it sold out, every Gamestop/Best Buy within 50-100 miles of me is sold out.

Are you sure it's spoiler free? I've been purposely avoiding using it.

#405 htz

htz

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

• Detailed spoiler-free walkthrough for the entire game, including all errands and bounty hunts

Says so in the amazon.com description.

#406 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, the closest thing to spoilers are the names of locations you'll go to, familiars/enemies if you read those sections.

The guide gives short titles to big events like "Going out for a ride" or something like that, but it really tries to be as vague as possible.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#407 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Contacted Amazon, and was able to get the $2 refunded to me.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#408 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

i guess branesandnobles.com are the only place that still has it in stock, for those interested, and does not want to wait

#409 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Says so in the amazon.com description.

Yeah, the closest thing to spoilers are the names of locations you'll go to, familiars/enemies if you read those sections.

The guide gives short titles to big events like "Going out for a ride" or something like that, but it really tries to be as vague as possible.

What bugged me was I went looking for the map for ding dong well, I went one page too far and saw the boss, name and picture. It 'spoiled' the surprise for me.

#410 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Well yeah, if you go a bit too far you'll still get spoiled. But assuming you stay on the same page you should be good

Its still better than other guides, I brought some and didnt even use because you get giga spoiler'd easily
Posted ImagePosted Image

#411 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up it was still available at B&N. I picked it up with the Marvel Encyclopedia, hopefully this is like the first run of the Skyrim guides. If not, ~23 for this guide seems worth it. I'll probably keep it sealed for a long time anyway.

#412 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I just got an email about getting 2 dollars back for preordering the guide, didn't have to contact cs at all. How nice of them!

#413 markhimself

markhimself

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Feel as though I just scammed Best Buy hard. I had them PM a listing on the Marketplace on Amazon. The listing was for $21. The only way they PM Amazon is if it's sold directly through Amazon, not a seller. Pretty pumped though since I missed the sale on Amazon! :D

#414 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I just got an email about getting 2 dollars back for preordering the guide, didn't have to contact cs at all. How nice of them!

Same here

#415 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Feel as though I just scammed Best Buy hard. I had them PM a listing on the Marketplace on Amazon. The listing was for $21. The only way they PM Amazon is if it's sold directly through Amazon, not a seller. Pretty pumped though since I missed the sale on Amazon! :D

Good for you! Rep probably missed to check the seller. Did you just show the ad on your phone or something? Just sucks that my besybuy never got copies of the guide at all so i had to get mine at gamestop on release day. I Will wait for a restock at amazon and get a 2nd one kept sealed. Hopefully prima prints some more of these though or they will miss out on the cash people want to give to them for the guide.

#416 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Anyone in WA state near the 98188, Westfield mall area, the Gamestop over there has 5 available copies. Just picked one up. Very beautifully done.

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#417 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Got my guide today from Amazon but I just received an e-mail from Digial River cancelling my US Wiz Ed because I ordered it after stock was depleted. I ordered it 10 minutes after the restock happened. Also they charged my card already. They gave me a $20 coupon code.

#418 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Anyone in WA state near the 98188, Westfield mall area, the Gamestop over there has 5 available copies. Just picked one up. Very beautifully done.

Isn't GS selling these for $40? That's a lot of money for a guide, CE or not. B&N still has these in stock it looks for, for $23.xx (plus shipping) or you can do in store pick up, if a local B&N carries it. But that's unlikely.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#419 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Got my guide today from Amazon but I just received an e-mail from Digial River cancelling my US Wiz Ed because I ordered it after stock was depleted. I ordered it 10 minutes after the restock happened. Also they charged my card already. They gave me a $20 coupon code.

Same here. So lame. At least I can use the code towards a Naruto UNS 3 Pre-Order, still sucks I won't be getting the Wizard's Edition now though.

#420 codeman85

codeman85

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Same here. So lame. At least I can use the code towards a Naruto UNS 3 Pre-Order, still sucks I won't be getting the Wizard's Edition now though.

I just received the cancellation email as well. So happy I went ahead and ordered the guide from amazon and the steelbook/game from GS. Normally I wouldn't get upset about not receiving a video game preorder, but my fiance is a huge Studio Ghibli fan who is completely unaware of this game and I was planning on the Wizard's Edition being an epic Valentine's Day gift. Oh well I guess....the game and guide will still be alright, just very disappointing.