Ni No Kuni Hardcover Guide Amazon 21.99 ***Price Lowered***

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#61 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

I'm sure this has been mentioned but it's another $3 off if ordered with the game.

can you order it with the game, and then cancel the game?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#62 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

can you order it with the game, and then cancel the game?

The $3 discount is deducted off the game not the guide, so no it won't work.

#63 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Im still undecided if i should preorder at amazon or just pricematch during release day at bestbuy. Live in california so both will be taxed. Hopefully price wont change on tuesday.

#64 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

The $3 discount is deducted off the game not the guide, so no it won't work.

They also don't charge until shipped. (I do believe) And if you return either part they'll just deduct the $3 from your refund.

#65 Demonkadar

Demonkadar

Customer Service Slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

It's also 23.92 at Walmart.com with 1.97 shipping (not quite as good but an option for anyone with a walmart gift card from christmas)

http://www.walmart.c...-Guide/22093940

#66 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

It's also 23.92 at Walmart.com with 1.97 shipping (not quite as good but an option for anyone with a walmart gift card from christmas)

http://www.walmart.c...-Guide/22093940

Sweet thanks, I figure that will be much easier to PM that Amazon. Either way, I'm gonna try calling the hotline and PMing an instore pickup.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I tried cancelling my order from Barnes and Noble. It said it would send an email within an hour to confirm cancellation. It's been almost 10 hours and still no email. I tried again 2 hours ago and no email the second time either.

Do I need to call in or something? I don't get why I can't just cancel the order so easily like with Amazon.

#68 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks OP, in for one. May get it release day at BestBuy or Walmart. There IS a Walmart right next my Gamestop, but I have some Amazon credit. Hmm..

#69 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Ordered this and the game last night on Amazon. I only play about 1 JRPG a year so I hope I'm making the right call with this game. I liked the demo even though I usually prefer turn based strategy over real time combat in rpg's like this (except I did love FFXIII's combat).
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thanks OP, in for one. May get it release day at BestBuy or Walmart. There IS a Walmart right next my Gamestop, but I have some Amazon credit. Hmm..

you just mentioned 4 stores?! i would suggest trying to get it at gamestop with the steelbook

#71 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

you just mentioned 4 stores?! i would suggest trying to get it at gamestop with the steelbook

I think he's talking about the guide. Also Gamestop isn't accepting anymore preorders for the Steelbook. You MAY get very lucky if they have extras, but doubtful.

#72 sisko

sisko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Cheap enough to push me over the fence, thanks OP!

#73 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I think he's talking about the guide. Also Gamestop isn't accepting anymore preorders for the Steelbook. You MAY get very lucky if they have extras, but doubtful.

I called corporate after my store gave mine away. They sent me a new one. Don't know if they had to confirm my preorder but I had they guy look it up anyway. I suggest doing that for anyone who like me who had their preorder given away.

#74 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Ordered this and the game last night on Amazon. I only play about 1 JRPG a year so I hope I'm making the right call with this game. I liked the demo even though I usually prefer turn based strategy over real time combat in rpg's like this (except I did love FFXIII's combat).

Not with Tales of Xillia coming out!! But I'm Tales bias. Personally I'm getting both which is a rare thing for me.

#75 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Probably wrong place to ask, but is it still possible to grab the steelbook for this game? Completely forgot to preorder this game off gamestop (don't know why); really surprised this game is getting released in two days.

Also the guide looks great...but personally I think I might want to wait on this (can't see this guide jumping up on price, so assumption is it will get cheaper eventually).

#76 Lynn Kyle

Lynn Kyle

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Probably wrong place to ask, but is it still possible to grab the steelbook for this game? Completely forgot to preorder this game off gamestop (don't know why); really surprised this game is getting released in two days.

Also the guide looks great...but personally I think I might want to wait on this (can't see this guide jumping up on price, so assumption is it will get cheaper eventually).

If I were you I'd go to GameStop first thing in the morning and put in a pre-order. You might get lucky.

#77 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Unless your store got extra's, they cut off the ability to get steelbooks on the 15th. You could always call around, I know my store got like 5 more than they got pre-orders, but I know others barely got 1-2 in.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thanks Lynn Kyle and dgwillia006 for the reply;

Prolly call most stores, and stop by one that is sort of obscure. This game looks fantastic, and by the looks of metacritic it seems like a hit. I really wish this sells well in the states so it may encourage more games like this to exist.

#79 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Im debating on getting this guide book, are there any page views of this thing or for on what its like? Prima guides seems rather bland, at least he ones I have. Id hope for there to be a lot of artwork and bonuses.

Im thinking about picking this up at gamestop for full price, Id rather not go through amazon. Im just not sure if thats a good idea. I don't want to open it to be disappointed and not be able to return it haha.
Posted Image

#80 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Im thinking about picking this up at gamestop for full price, Id rather not go through amazon. Im just not sure if thats a good idea. I don't want to open it to be disappointed and not be able to return it haha.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't you be able to return it? In fact, Amazon will OVERNIGHT you a replacement at no extra charge if you have an issue with your initial one for up to three times, and even pay for your return shipping (and even pick it up for you).

You can't go wrong.. unless you buy it at Lamestop. :P

#81 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Im debating on getting this guide book, are there any page views of this thing or for on what its like? Prima guides seems rather bland, at least he ones I have. Id hope for there to be a lot of artwork and bonuses.

Amazon's Guide preview, it looks pretty good. I know I'm gonna get it

http://g-ecx.images-...1_NiNoKuni2.pdf
Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

So is the dlc only for amazon purchase? Or is the dlc some kind of code printed inside the book? Really want to just price match at bestbuy on release day

#83 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

So is the dlc only for amazon purchase? Or is the dlc some kind of code printed inside the book? Really want to just price match at bestbuy on release day

There is no retailer exclusive DLC for the book. Everywhere gets the same book.

#84 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

It'll be inside the guide, probably a slip of paper or a sheet with the code. The DLC character is tied to the book and not the store. :)

#85 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Wait, what? Why wouldn't you be able to return it? In fact, Amazon will OVERNIGHT you a replacement at no extra charge if you have an issue with your initial one for up to three times, and even pay for your return shipping (and even pick it up for you).

You can't go wrong.. unless you buy it at Lamestop. :P

That's a great way to eventually get perma-banned by amazon.

#86 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

There is no retailer exclusive DLC for the book. Everywhere gets the same book.

It'll be inside the guide, probably a slip of paper or a sheet with the code. The DLC character is tied to the book and not the store. :)

Nice to know then. Rather get price match at bestbuy, get rewards points at bestbuy and receive the guide as early as i can on release day

#87 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I kind of want this guide, just cause, even though I already have the Wizards Edition on the way! idk, isn't the book in the WE the same?

#88 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I kind of want this guide, just cause, even though I already have the Wizards Edition on the way! idk, isn't the book in the WE the same?

No, how in the world are people still confused about this? The book in the CE of the game is an in universe book of spells, info, and lore. This is a fancy strategy guide.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#89 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

No. The book that comes with the WE is a compendium of sorts. Like a Beastiary, lore of the world, magicks, and other little fun tidbits. The strategy guide is just that, a guide that tells you what to do, familiar wheres and whys, and so forth.

They are both completely different!

#90 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thinking about ordering the guide, and I had a thought. Does the game have a 'collect them all' attitude, where you want to have one of every familiar, or are you limited to the few you have with you?

Having the guide would seem useful for my OCD 'find everything' attitude, but...if you can't collect all the familiars at once, I guess it probably wouldn't be?

Posted Image

Posted Image