Ni No Kuni Hardcover Guide Amazon 21.99 ***Price Lowered***

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#121 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

It's just a guide. A couple dents isn't that big a deal. I think it depends more on the trip and care taken by the delivery process than the packaging. Some workers treat packages like garbage. Toss them around, etc.

But it's not some rare collector's item, so I wouldn't make a big deal with a few dents in a strategy guide.

This is a board full of people who cried when their cardboard box from Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus controller was slightly dented.

#122 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

It's just a guide. A couple dents isn't that big a deal. I think it depends more on the trip and care taken by the delivery process than the packaging. Some workers treat packages like garbage. Toss them around, etc.

But it's not some rare collector's item, so I wouldn't make a big deal with a few dents in a strategy guide.

I mean I won't mind but I don't want big dents on it, it will drive me crazy just looking a t it.

I'm more concerned on if it's going to come undamaged due to how it's package since amazon never packages anything correctly from the last few items I've received. If it has like a couple small dents you have to look at it closely to tell I won't mind but something that's completely dented up I'll be mad. Due to how some workers are careless plus how amazon packs stuff just gets me worried sometimes.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#123 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

This is a board full of people who cried when their cardboard box from Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus controller was slightly dented.

Skyward Sword is a collectors edition, i dont blame people at all for being upset about a collectors edition item, which a lot of people like to display, coming in dented/damaged
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#124 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

I mean I won't mind but I don't want big dents on it, it will drive me crazy just looking a t it.

I'm more concerned on if it's going to come undamaged due to how it's package since amazon never packages anything correctly from the last few items I've received. If it has like a couple small dents you have to look at it closely to tell I won't mind but something that's completely dented up I'll be mad. Due to how some workers are careless plus how amazon packs stuff just gets me worried sometimes.

Yea Man, if your paying good honest money for something, why the heck would you not mind it being damaged or dented. I ALWAYS look for the best paint/condition/sewing/printing with anything I buy.

Putting it in Amazons and USPS/UPSs hands is something i dont tend to do. ITs gotta be a really great price usually for me to order delicate things online. Ive gotten way too many damaged items from Amazon to not be weary about them. Yes I can get the guide for 24-25 dollars from them, But I can get it at gamestop for 25-30(with coupons I have/trade credit etc), pick the best condition and have in n hand right away.
Posted Image

#125 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

After working at Amazon, I'll tell you now that some packers don't know what they're doing. I've seen packages come down the flat sorter that were busted open, because people didn't put them in the correct size box, or tried to stuff as many things in a box they could. Plus people working in loading the trucks can be rough as hell with packages. I'm sure it just wasn't at the facility I worked in, either.

#126 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Yea Man, if your paying good honest money for something, why the heck would you not mind it being damaged or dented. I ALWAYS look for the best paint/condition/sewing/printing with anything I buy.

Putting it in Amazons and USPS/UPSs hands is something i dont tend to do. ITs gotta be a really great price usually for me to order delicate things online. Ive gotten way too many damaged items from Amazon to not be weary about them. Yes I can get the guide for 24-25 dollars from them, But I can get it at gamestop for 25-30(with coupons I have/trade credit etc), pick the best condition and have in n hand right away.

I don't even bother with amazon now due to the sales tax but I had to go with amazon with this one. Plus Gamestop guides are always full price and I never have coupons

After working at Amazon, I'll tell you now that some packers don't know what they're doing. I've seen packages come down the flat sorter that were busted open, because people didn't put them in the correct size box, or tried to stuff as many things in a box they could. Plus people working in loading the trucks can be rough as hell with packages. I'm sure it just wasn't at the facility I worked in, either.

Sounds right. I ordered SFxT CE and it came in a box smaller than the box the game came with. My ME3 was in a box 3x bigger than it with no protective packaging.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#127 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'd love to have all my items pristine too, but what can you do? You can't control how things ship or are transported. Whether it be to your house or from the factory to the distributors. It isn't a big deal. My Skyward Sword has a little crease in the back and it is what it is. Worrying about this kinda stuff will have you looking like Dick Cheney by the age of 40.

#128 tffshiva

tffshiva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Ordered this and the game last night on Amazon. I only play about 1 JRPG a year so I hope I'm making the right call with this game. I liked the demo even though I usually prefer turn based strategy over real time combat in rpg's like this (except I did love FFXIII's combat).

Same here, I did a lot of research, and I kinda did enjoy the capturing monster and using them in battle part of FFXIII-2's combat, so I am actually looking forward to this game expanding on that but with a better storyline (I enjoyed XIII-2's storyline but it is still confusing to me and not excellent but fair at best.)

oh and about the guide, well I am getting worried now as I checked my order (and the game is literally hours away with my release delivery)

and I haven't even been charged for the Guide yet and I ordered it with the game with the release delivery, the guide still has not been shipped yet (which would explain not being charged...) and now the guide is showing as Out of Stock....I really hope Amazon pulls through and this thing gets shipped by tomorrow... :|

--edit--
and the plot thickens... not only is it out of stock but Amazon won't be getting any more of these guides till at least 30-60 days... "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

Edited by tffshiva, 22 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.
emphasis

#129 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Same here, I did a lot of research, and I kinda did enjoy the capturing monster and using them in battle part of FFXIII-2's combat, so I am actually looking forward to this game expanding on that but with a better storyline (I enjoyed XIII-2's storyline but it is still confusing to me and not excellent but fair at best.)

oh and about the guide, well I am getting worried now as I checked my order (and the game is literally hours away with my release delivery)

and I haven't even been charged for the Guide yet and I ordered it with the game with the release delivery, the guide still has not been shipped yet (which would explain not being charged...) and now the guide is showing as Out of Stock....I really hope Amazon pulls through and this thing gets shipped by tomorrow... :|

--edit--
and the plot thickens... not only is it out of stock but Amazon won't be getting any more of these guides till at least 30-60 days... "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

I still have mine showing "delivery estimate Jan 25th" Also kinda funny, the guide dropped 25 cents and is now $23.74

#130 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Guess price matching wont be happening for me later. Oh well. Hope it goea back on stock much sooner.

#131 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

List Price: $39.99 Price: $23.75 Posted Image You Save: $16.24 (41%)

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#132 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Sigh, well mine is at least shipping soon now with a pending charge. Would have liked to get it day one since that was the estimate but I can't complain too much since I probably won't end up actually starting the game until this weekend. I'd be kinda pissed though had I gone and gotten the game at Gamestop this morning like I had originally planned.

#133 argyle

argyle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Guess price matching wont be happening for me later. Oh well. Hope it goea back on stock much sooner.

I plan on trying to pricematch off of Wal-Mart, they're still showing it in stock & $23.92 on their site.
Posted Image

#134 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I plan on trying to pricematch off of Wal-Mart, they're still showing it in stock & $23.92 on their site.

Whats sad is the game itself is OOS at Walmart:
http://www.walmart.c...ch-PS3/20552299

But Guide still going strong:
http://www.walmart.c...ide/22093940#rr

And this is the complete opposite for Amazon.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#135 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Holy Fuck. Just opened my email to see that they cancelled my order for the wizard edition. They say that there's no more and thanks again! I pre ordred this back in june the first day they were available. Im gonna go throw up now. I need to find a customer service number.
Posted Image

#136 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Holy Fuck. Just opened my email to see that they cancelled my order for the wizard edition. They say that there's no more and thanks again! I pre ordred this back in june the first day they were available. Im gonna go throw up now. I need to find a customer service number.

That sucks man. Do you have a pending charge on CC?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#137 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just got my guide from amazon. It looks like a really nice guide. Now I have to wait for the game itself (darn amazon and their different shipping methods). Also sorry for the terrible pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kyo645, 22 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.
add pictures

#138 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

My guide apparently shipped, but now I have to wait for my WE...which is getting shipped by digital river, so I have no idea how long that will take.

...Does anyone know how to call DR and find out about shipping times or anything?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#139 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Shipping time is the least of your worry right now with Digital River.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#140 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Shipping time is the least of your worry right now with Digital River.

Haha, yes, I have heard the horror stories, but I'm not really a hardcore collector of CEs, I just don't have the space. So I want the book to actually use, and I'm giving the stuffed drippy (drooping...the guy with the nose lantern) to my baby cousin. I mostly just want to know when it will get here, you know?

But the support for them on the namco store is just an email address.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#141 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

My guide has not shipped yet. Expected delivery for this item is not until end of this week. I hope this means mine is not on backorder!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#142 darktoph

darktoph

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

It's not a rare collector's item YET. Guides eventually go out of print especially JRPG guides. They go out of print even faster due to lack of demand and the fact that this is hardcover means Prima is least likely to keep printing this for years to come if the demand isn't there.

So I'd like to have my guide in great condition. I mean many people actually bought the guide just for collector's purpose. Look at how much Bayonetta's guide goes for now or the Deus Ex: Human Revolution hardcover guide.

#143 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Might try to PM the guide at Best Buy today if the status on mine doesn't change soon. I love a good guide and would like to browse through before I get the game friday'ish.

#144 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just PM'd at Best Buy successfully. Also got my Steelbook from GS and the Flutterby DLC from BB.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#145 Tiny Gallon

Tiny Gallon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Same here. There's no number to call, only an email address

The pre-order was 7 months ago, OF COURSE many people's payment info would have changed since then.

This is unthinkable they did not give us the chance to fix this. Absolutely pathetic on their part. You blew it Namco, I'm buying this crap used for $15 now

#146 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

They go out of print even faster due to lack of demand and the fact that this is hardcover means Prima is least likely to keep printing this for years to come if the demand isn't there.

Well , its #15 in the Books category on Amazon so i'd say there is some demand right now. ;)

#147 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

So my guide is now being shipped. If it doesn't come today can I contact CS to get some partial credit? I preordered this 3 weeks ago.

#148 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

So my guide is now being shipped. If it doesn't come today can I contact CS to get some partial credit? I preordered this 3 weeks ago.

Guide? Probably not. Unless the guide had release date delivery, which I've never seen on any guide, then you have to wait whatever shipping you chose. I doubt even people with 2 day delivery will see it by Today or tomorrow.

Posted Image

#149 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

After stalling on the guide from Amazon, I decided to go with walmart.com. The pictures sold me.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#150 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Same here. There's no number to call, only an email address

The pre-order was 7 months ago, OF COURSE many people's payment info would have changed since then.

This is unthinkable they did not give us the chance to fix this. Absolutely pathetic on their part. You blew it Namco, I'm buying this crap used for $15 now

This is ridiculous. And unfortunately explains where all the extras for last weeks sale came from. They could have easily sent out w-mails instead of settting up a new sale and keeping twitter updates of remaining stock.

I paid via paypal so i should be ok..