Ni No Kuni Hardcover Guide Amazon 21.99 ***Price Lowered***

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#181 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Lol, I already returned my 2nd copy and kept the steelbook. Guy was trying to get Jr Detective and kept asking did I get a case, he even tried calling the store I got it from (Where the guys were cool because I just pre-ordered 2 other games), and they said I didnt.

He ended up giving me the 62$ in all 1$ bills.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#182 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Lol, I already returned my 2nd copy and kept the steelbook. Guy was trying to get Jr Detective and kept asking did I get a case, he even tried calling the store I got it from (Where the guys were cool because I just pre-ordered 2 other games), and they said I didnt.

but aren't you take away from someone elses preorder steelbook? lol

#183 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

WTF $1 bills? I would send a message to corporate and complain about him.

#184 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

but aren't you take away from someone elses preorder steelbook? lol

Um how? He pre-ordered two and returned two....If the store did not get enough for the pre-orders that is on the store/corporate. Not him.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#185 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Technically no? I pre-ordered like a month before release, so I assume they shipped one for my actual pre-order. Not like I ordered at the last minute and sniped one. Either way, it looked like they had exactly enough copies for steelbooks left.

And to Saix, I pre-ordered one at Gamestop, one at Best Buy. I kept the Best Buy one for Flutterby. (Even though I could have returned either copy, I just preferred cash back instead of a gift card)

And lol Blaster, I WAS going to give him a bad review on the survey, then realized he didnt even give me my receipt back. I don't care either way, I just walked over to the bank and got 3 fresh 20$'s.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#186 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

WTF $1 bills? I would send a message to corporate and complain about him.

I would have been like "Sweet I am on my way to the strip club...thanks for the help". OR "$1 bills...please try harder. I want it all in quarters!"

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#187 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Technically no? I pre-ordered like a month before release, so I assume they shipped one for my actual pre-order. Not like I ordered at the last minute and sniped one

Either way, it looked like they had exactly enough copies for steelbooks left.

And to Saix, I pre-ordered one at Gamestop, one at Best Buy. I kept the Best Buy one for Flutterby. (Even though I could have returned either copy, I just preferred cash back instead of a gift card)

And lol Blaster, I WAS going to give him a bad review on the survey, then realized he didnt even give me my receipt back. I don't care either way, I just walked over to the bank and got 3 fresh 20$'s.

Is there some contract stating you will return the steel book if you return the game? If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

#188 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Is there some contract stating you will return the steel book if you return the game? If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless they actually had to scan it, I assume its all on good faith or whatever. Most employees tend to just throw bonuses around at their friends/frequent customers anyway, its not like I do this often so I didnt feel bad about it.

Just really wanted the steelbook and the familiar DLC too, and I had the money to do it
Posted ImagePosted Image

#189 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Well for the gamestop guy you are making his number bad because his store just returned $60 of stuff.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#190 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Unless they actually had to scan it, I assume its all on good faith or whatever. Most employees tend to just throw bonuses around at their friends/frequent customers anyway, its not like I do this often so I didnt feel bad about it.

Just really wanted the steelbook and the familiar DLC too, and I had the money to do it

i was just wondering thats all, it doesn't effect me anyway. I got my game and steelbook from gamestop. The steelbook looks even better than the pics posted

#191 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well for the gamestop guy you are making his number bad because his store just returned $60 of stuff.

really, it works like that?

#192 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well that sucks, but I'm not the first nor last person to ever do this. If he would have been cool about it (Instead of being sarcastic and giving me all 1's) I would have done a pre-order. (Thats my usual procedure when I return or cancel something)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#193 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I ordered my guide last night, so I'm hoping that I got my order in before they went all back-ordered.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#194 WafflesPlox

WafflesPlox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Managed to get this guide for 0.91 thanks to all those old cell phones I had piling up :D, too bad I won't get it til Thursday.

Posted Image

#195 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

My Wizard's edition has been cancelled. Even though I updated the payment information months ago they still tried charging it with my expired card. Pre-ordered the thing on day fucking one.

#196 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

really, it works like that?

I returned a preorder once and GS gave me the third degree. It didn't even come with a preorder bonus, I just happened to find it cheaper elsewhere within 30 days. The unopened copy I returned was the same one I bought from GS, too. They just kept saying "But you preordered this. Why don't you want it? You preordered it." I told them the truth and their return policy. It was a weird conversation.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#197 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Checked to see how much time I had left to waffle on it and they were down to 96 copies left so I bit. If you are on the fence they will surely sell out soon enough.

#198 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I returned a preorder once and GS gave me the third degree. It didn't even come with a preorder bonus, I just happened to find it cheaper elsewhere within 30 days. The unopened copy I returned was the same one I bought from GS, too. They just kept saying "But you preordered this. Why don't you want it? You preordered it." I told them the truth and their return policy. It was a weird conversation.

LOL
Gamestop: We turn your entertainment purchase into a high pressure sales!

#199 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

My guide still hasn't shipped wtf...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#200 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Does barnes and noble brick and mortar price match there online price? Might try and see if they have in store for ni no guide.

How bout walmart do they price match their online price instore? I want to get a guide today for $24. Grrrr!

Why must my local bestbuy not have this guide in stock! The only bestbuy store that has it is like 30miles away! Sucks!

#201 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Picked my book up at best buy today for $20 with the half off guides coupon.

#202 tffshiva

tffshiva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I still have mine showing "delivery estimate Jan 25th" Also kinda funny, the guide dropped 25 cents and is now $23.74

mine updated to Shipping soon, thank gawd... I was tempted to pick it up at gamestop but nahhh (have enough to use a coupon to get it down to about the same price)

#203 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Picked my book up at best buy today for $20 with the half off guides coupon.

Where did you get such a coupon?

#204 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

If the guide dropped down to $23.74 after your guide shipped then you're due for a refund due to the pre-order price guarantee since it dropped before 11:59PM today.

Wait until Thursday and if you don't get an email about the refund for the $23.75 (or cheaper, if it drops again today) item price versus what you paid for it, call/email them to get the difference back.

#205 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Does barnes and noble brick and mortar price match there online price? Might try and see if they have in store for ni no guide.

How bout walmart do they price match their online price instore? I want to get a guide today for $24. Grrrr!

Why must my local bestbuy not have this guide in stock! The only bestbuy store that has it is like 30miles away! Sucks!

B&N? ahahahahaha no.

WM? For me, definitely. It's policy now AFAIK.

#206 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Went to my Best Buy and they didn't have any guides. It was very strange as they only had about 8 different guides out. The whole place looked like they did some massive cleaning as there wasn't nearly as much inventory as when I went a few weeks ago. Guess I wait for my Amazon order to ship, meh.

Edit: Should've checked the store checker before I made that run. Dumbass.

#207 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Lol, who would spend 3 minutes with customer service in India for 25 cents?

Anyone who orders from Amazon regularly.

It should happen automatically to have the refund come back within 24-48 hours after today, though if it doesn't, you need to contact the because their automated process didn't work.

I don't expect there should be a big need to contact them over it, though again, it should happen automatically and won't need a call/email/follow-up.

#208 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just a heads up, best buy US DOES have a pre-order bonus. Nowhere online or in store is it mentioned, but I got it today.

#209 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

What is it?

#210 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Amazon jus shipped my guide :).