511 replies to this topic

#211 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Is griffy the amazon DLC?

If so, what do you mean by 'may'?

I didn't receive the email so I did a chat and they gave me one over the chat. I'm guessing I will still get the email code at some point today.

#212 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Picked my book up at best buy today for $20 with the half off guides coupon.

How do you get this coupon?

card.png
453976.png

#213 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Amazon is now showing an "Instock January 28th" message. Man, this has just been a weird and stubborn launch in general. I hope everything starts panning out soon. :\

#214 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Can someone with the guide tell me when the DLC expire?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#215 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's part of a welcome packet for new Gamers Club Unlocked members that's mailed out in waves.

The coupon itself is for 50% off any game guide, FYI.

EDIT: This might be a good sign:

I just got my shipping confirmation email from Amazon, with an expected arrival date of tomorrow. :D

Edited by Vigilante, 22 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#216 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I also got shipping confirmation with delivery date of tomorrow.

#217 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can someone with the guide tell me when the DLC expire?

It doesn't say. There's no expiration date listed anywhere.

There's also nothing listed here, which is the site you redeem the code on:
http://www.primagames.com/NiNoKuniDLC

#218 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I didn't receive the email so I did a chat and they gave me one over the chat. I'm guessing I will still get the email code at some point today.

The email came live, right as I checked out, and the code prints on the receipt.

I've had it for quite a while now, I believe from a welcome kit for GCU.

#219 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

It doesn't say. There's no expiration date listed anywhere.

There's also nothing listed here, which is the site you redeem the code on:
http://www.primagames.com/NiNoKuniDLC

Are there any stat differences with these gold characters?

#220 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Are there any stat differences with these gold characters?

No idea. I'm still waiting for my Wizard Edition to show up.

Aside from a piece of low-resolution placeholder art on page 6, the guide is gorgeous.

#221 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

No idea. I'm still waiting for my Wizard Edition to show up.

Aside from a piece of low-resolution placeholder art on page 6, the guide is gorgeous.

I'm nervous to start playing mine today! I just recently started Driver SF and I hate playing two games at once.

#222 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm nervous to start playing mine today! I just recently started Driver SF and I hate playing two games at once.

And I just recently started playing Far Cry 3, but as soon as Ni No Kuni shows up, I'm planning on stopping all else. Well, maybe except The Cave.

#223 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

My guide is coming on Thursday.

#224 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

What's the best option for this outside of online retailer? Does Walmart carry this in-store, and if so, is it the same price as listed on their site?

#225 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Mine shipped for Thursday.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#226 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

walked into bb @ lunch and pm'd with very little resistance. my store only had 1 copy of the game left and 3 strats (i grabbed game and strat). if you can get the PM on this at your best buy the guide is awesome.

#227 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

What's the best option for this outside of online retailer? Does Walmart carry this in-store, and if so, is it the same price as listed on their site?

Walmart? highly unlikely but GameStop as well as Best Buy should have some in stores

#228 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

So i tried going to walmart, bestbuy and frys today to do my final run if ever guide were instore. none of them had the guide. Picked up my preorder at gamestop and just got the guide from them. Got 20% off retail coz i also bought the game from them. Came up to $34.xx including tax. Lost around $8 by not preordering and buying it through amazon but at least i can start playing the game and using the guide later tonight. Im good now.

#229 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Guide? Probably not. Unless the guide had release date delivery, which I've never seen on any guide, then you have to wait whatever shipping you chose. I doubt even people with 2 day delivery will see it by Today or tomorrow.

Most of the Prima , Piggyback and Future guides have release day delivery. Mine did and my order shows that, but it ain't coming today.

#230 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

My guide also finally shipped and will be here Thursday. Thanks Amazon!

#231 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.
Your estimated delivery date is:
Wednesday, January 23, 2013

edit: The above is for the guide. Also I just checked my credit card, Namco FINALLY charged my card. They haven't sent me an email saying it's shipped though.

I just got my shipping email a couple hours ago and they shipped mine with two-day delivery. Already sent them an email telling them, as a Prime member, that's unacceptable. If they don't compensate me in some way, this year will be the end of prime and my business with Amazon. I can understand delays, warehouse issues, etc but I can't accept the inconsistency of service with shipping to make up for it. The sheer fact yours is being delivered tomorrow tells me that the leading factor is incompetence at Amazon.

On top of the guide, the damn GAME hasn't even shipped yet and I know for a fact that's RDD. At first I assumed they would ship both together, but I checked the guide manifest and NOPE; no game. Really disappointed with Amazon right now and since half the movies I have bought from them lately come damaged is really pushing me back to B&M stores, especially with the new PM policies. Boy, has Amazon gone downhill fast. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#232 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Mine will be here Saturday....so far away :c
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#233 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

"Not Yet Shipped" over here. I pre-ordered this pretty much the day it went up on Amazon because I knew I wanted the game. 3pm-6pm PST/EST depending where it ships from and they can't even throw me a "Shipping Soon" bone, this is the day of release...so release it! Even Gamestop had it up for display in store.

The same thing happened with my Skyrim CE Guide, I got it a week after the game came out. Amazon just sucks at shipping out guides? My Skyrim CE guide was packaged correctly, no damage. I was more scared to rip those pages, such thin paper.

#234 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Got my guide in today from amazon. I am surprised they didnt ship them all out for delivery today if you preordered it.

#235 Tiny Gallon

Tiny Gallon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

This might be impossible for anyone to answer, but I'm really curious the difference between these and the Wizard's Edition companion book. Got to think they are largely the same, right?

#236 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I personally had Best Buy price match Amazon, picked up the last copy they had.

#237 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

This might be impossible for anyone to answer, but I'm really curious the difference between these and the Wizard's Edition companion book. Got to think they are largely the same, right?

No, they're very different. The strategy guide is like a normal guide with walkthroughs and item locations and that kind of crap. The Wizard's Book is...something else :) I don't really know what it is exactly but it is definitely not the same as the strategy guide. It may be more like an encyclopedia type thing but wait for someone that actually knows to answer on that.

Also the Wizard's book is available digitally within the game itself.

#238 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

my guide shipped in the wee hours and scheduled to arrive tomorrow. a friend of mine got their guide from BN a couple hours ago.

#239 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Nope. The guide is a strategy guide. The book that comes with the Wizard's Edition is more of a compendium. Beastiary, lore, magic. All that good stuff.

#240 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Well, that does it:

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We certainly don't want this to happen to our most valued customers.

Looking into your current orders, I can see that one of your orders is not shipped yet.

"The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition " is scheduled for release on July 2, 2013. We expect to deliver your order by Friday, July 5, 2013.

We are very sorry for not making this clear with you.

After my Prime expires, I'm done with Amazon. My game still hasn't shipped and this guy hasn't a clue what's going on, even though my original email was detailed and pointed directly to the guide order.

Actually, anyone know/tried getting a prorated refund of Prime? NVM, I just tried their cancellation process and don't qualify for a refund since some items have already shipped with Prime benefits. Oh well.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg