Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Store: Pre-order select 2013 titles, get 1600 MSP (GTA V, Gears, more)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

If only it were possible to price match this at Best Buy and their $20 cert promo.

They don't price match on pre-order deals though.

Mine did last year, I preordered Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me a free 1600 msp with each of them, planning on doing it for Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite.

#32 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

How fast is the cheapest shipping from there? Im eyeing the gta5 but i really wanna have it within 1-2 days of release.

#33 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Why oh why couldn't Gears Judgment be included.

ffs why no gears judgement only game I want besides gta v

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread, especially because apparently Gears of War: Judgment hasn't even hit 100 thousand pre-orders, and Gears of War 3 at the same time prior to release (2 months) had 1.3 million pre-orders.
Spoiler

Edited by The Ebbtide, 19 January 2013 - 01:52 AM.
Judgment was added

#34 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Judgment has now been added.

#35 boris1

boris1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

woot got judgement and gta v cant wait!!

#36 24thdoor

24thdoor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

How fast do they ship the games out?

The two pre-orders I made last fall each arrived on their respective launch day, even though I chose free shipping. I don't know if that's standard procedure or if I got lucky. Code emails came about a week or two later.

#37 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Judgment has now been added.

I tried to ask a CSR in livechat whether the 1600 Points offer would be extended to prior preorders. I may as well have been talking to some random drunk homeless man for as much as he even began to understand what I was talking about.

I ended up having him cancel my existing order and just made a new one. :P

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#38 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Noticed this post faded away? Isnt this a good deal? Im debating on ordering judgment and gta5 from this since im 100% getting both but im not to familuar with the MS store. Is the free shipping good on this or no?

#39 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Free shipping is fine -- if you place the order in time (cutoff is usually couple days before release date) then they'll ship it out a day before release by UPS one day air so that you'll get it on release day. That's what they did for the fall/winter preorders so it *should* be same for the winter/spring preorders, but remember that release day delivery is NOT guaranteed by MS

#40 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

i preordered a few games from ms.com last time they did this deal

they generally got here release day. i preordered Halo 4 & NBA 2k12 from them and got them release day. i preordered a few weeks in advance

Borderlands 2, however, i preordered a night or two before, so i didn't get it for about a week.

the codes took a few days to receive, but i did get them all.

i'm guessing they aren't going to do the $10 coupons again like they did last time since everybody used them on black friday.

#41 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Free shipping is fine -- if you place the order in time (cutoff is usually couple days before release date) then they'll ship it out a day before release by UPS one day air so that you'll get it on release day. That's what they did for the fall/winter preorders so it *should* be same for the winter/spring preorders, but remember that release day delivery is NOT guaranteed by MS

What about the ms points? Are they codes u get in email or do they auto add em to the account?

#42 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

They email you a coupon code about a week after shipping the game -- you use that code on MS store's website to buy the 1600 pts digital code for free. They'll email you the pts code and you can do whatever you want with it

MS store's website is glitchy at times so its best to close all your browser windows and then open a new window to place the order (for both ordering the game and when you're placing the order for the 1600 pts) -- few people have had their free 1600 pts orders stuck in limbo for 1-2 months, but I've never had a problem (redeemed 4-5 of them during the fall/winter preorders)

#43 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Pre-ordered Metal Gear after trying out the demo.

#44 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

In for Tomb Raider!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 boris1

boris1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Pre-ordered Metal Gear after trying out the demo.

definitly not getting it after demo lol dead space 3 demo was cool though. crysis 3 beta tues will see if i should pre order that

#46 Br4inDead

Br4inDead

It's Buggerin' Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hmmm.... I want Alex brand but I also want judgement on day one. I suppose ms store doesn't have release day delivery for preorders.

#47 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Not a bad deal, but I'd rather have the $20 bonus from Best Buy that applies to most of these titles.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#48 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hmmm.... I want Alex brand but I also want judgement on day one. I suppose ms store doesn't have release day delivery for preorders.

I've purchased two pre-orders from MS Store; selected the cheapest (free) delivery both times and they arrived on release day both times. Some share this same experience while others have had to wait several days.

#49 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Not a bad deal, but I'd rather have the $20 bonus from Best Buy that applies to most of these titles.

Wheres the best buy deal?

#50 Br4inDead

Br4inDead

It's Buggerin' Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I've purchased two pre-orders from MS Store; selected the cheapest (free) delivery both times and they arrived on release day both times. Some share this same experience while others have had to wait several days.

Thanks for sharing. I might just risk it then. If anything I could just redbox it or do a buy/return.

#51 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

I wonder how the stick of truth will be? I want it, but I have a hard time justifying it as a $60 game.

#52 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Wheres the best buy deal?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331046
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#53 Treyster

Treyster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Should've ordered Dishonored then.

I'm looking at this since I went with Newegg for my last order. There's no extra $10 coupon this time though. How is MS' s shipping times like?

People who find better deals on GTA5 or Bioshock preorders, please keep us in the loop. Other than point styled/coupons only BB/Kmart do.

Hopefully Newegg goes above and beyond a couple bucks ofc.

#54 Treyster

Treyster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Did you preorder months ahead of time or near release?

#55 boris1

boris1

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

i used my forza horizon $10 off on halo 4 pre order got the $10 off code in half a week. and halo 4 came out 2 weeks after horizon so i pre ordered a week and a half before release and got release day

#56 Treyster

Treyster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

i used my forza horizon $10 off on halo 4 pre order got the $10 off code in half a week. and halo 4 came out 2 weeks after horizon so i pre ordered a week and a half before release and got release day

Nice. I ask because some companies, or at least half the time, send shipping orders out faster for more recent preorders stacked up than those from months beforehand. Or it might just be luck.

These games on release or a day after would be sweet to get though. I can deal with 2-3 days. Week-2 weeks some people get though make me sort of not trust MS not to botch up.

#57 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331046

Oh im not a reward zone member =/

#58 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks OP

Sitting on $120 in gift cards from going to those MS classes for an hour. This works out perfectly

#59 Sutarion

Sutarion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Anyone know what the expiration date was on the first set of deals from last fall? I tried using the 1600 mspt code and the $10 off code on one of the pre-orders and the code was invalid. Did I mess up by waiting this long?

#60 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Anyone know what the expiration date was on the first set of deals from last fall? I tried using the 1600 mspt code and the $10 off code on one of the pre-orders and the code was invalid. Did I mess up by waiting this long?

They expired on December 31st...sorry...