Photo
- - - - -

BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Just a heads up. Saw this at my local Target today. I'm not sure if it's storewide.

Edit: Just thought I'd edit this post and put the DPCI number in the OP since I added it in a post on the second page.

207-24-0849

Edited by Jawwaad1, 20 January 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#2 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Dcpi?
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#3 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Already? WTF.

#4 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Dcpi?

I'll grab it tomorrow and post it. I work at 8 am

#5 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Can someone post the Target link? I want to see if mine has it on stock.

I ask because I can't find it.

Edited by zzamaro, 18 January 2013 - 06:34 AM.

[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#6 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Was it clearance or regular price?

#7 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

My guess is that it's another one of Target's infamous clearance mistakes...like when they put the collector's edition of Operation Raccoon City on clearance for like $30 only a week after release...then caught on after a day or two and pulled them. Has happened with a few other new release games recently, too (like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy). If it does pan out to be chain-wide, and you really want it for just $9 off, grab it quick!

#8 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Also if anyone can check for the Xbox 360 version?
Thanks

#9 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Looks like PS3 games are just not selling at all at Target... first Ratchet and Clank and now this...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Disp0sable13

Disp0sable13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

im curious as well, i had these on the xbox, but they are more than worth a play again on the ps3. if its more than one store id be willing to jump on it for that price.

#11 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Bioshock 2 free with ps plus, Bioshock 1 free with infinite, makes sense to drop.

For the hardcore Bioshock fan, this also includes an in-engine museum with concept art, which sounds really cool.

Plus, I'm not sure if the various free copies include all the DLC. Do they?

#12 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

My guess is that it's another one of Target's infamous clearance mistakes...like when they put the collector's edition of Operation Raccoon City on clearance for like $30 only a week after release...then caught on after a day or two and pulled them. Has happened with a few other new release games recently, too (like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy). If it does pan out to be chain-wide, and you really want it for just $9 off, grab it quick!

Only 9$ off? You understand that is a third of the price?

#13 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

My target NEVER has these deals but you can bet your ass I'm going to look anyway lol.

#14 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I should add that I think this is the only way for 360 owners to play the PS3-exclusive Challenge Rooms DLC. They've never been released on PC or 360. Haven't played them myself, but I hear they are interesting, if short.

#15 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

My target NEVER has these deals but you can bet your ass I'm going to look anyway lol.

Same with mine. The clearance section has had the same random games in it for like the past two years. Plants Vs Zombies and Goldeneye Reloaded.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#16 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I saw this for this price at 3 Targets Tuesday. No sticker just marked like it was the regular price.

#17 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Bioshock 2 free with ps plus, Bioshock 1 free with infinite, makes sense to drop.

Not this soon. If that were the case then there would be no point in even releasing it.

Looks like PS3 games are just not selling at all at Target... first Ratchet and Clank and now this...

The game literally JUST came out. It's not being discounted bc it'd not selling as it'd say too soon to determine that

Edited by Havok83, 19 January 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#18 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Great price if your mileage doesn't vary.

Dcpi?

Don't... Crap your Pants Indoors? What??

#19 mrbungle

mrbungle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Great price if your mileage doesn't vary.

Don't... Crap your Pants Indoors? What??

That's the internal Target stock number

#20 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Only 9$ off? You understand that is a third of the price?

Lol...yes, I know. Scratch that bit. (Although a lot of their past clearance mistakes in the last year have been crazier than that...as in 50-75% off...)

#21 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

any update on DCPI's and if Target is carrying the 360 version?

#22 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Went to my local Target and they didn't have any PS3 or 360 copies.

#23 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I work at Target in the electronics department and I came across this price oddity the other day. The backroom guy brought out a box on Wednesday full of DVD's to go out onto the floor and a few games, including the 360/PS3 versions of the Bioshock Ultimate Ed. I scanned the bar code of both versions and the 360 copy came up for $29.99. The PS3 version was $20.98. Now this price was coming up as the regular price in the system. I was surprised to see this. I assume it must be a mistake. Also, there were no sales floor locations for them yet, so I had the games back stocked. The plan-o-gram was not updated yet to include the new release. So if you are at Target and don't see the game on the floor, ask the guy to check the backroom for it.

#24 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Confirmed 20.98 for ps3. Regular price I believe.
Also if you don't see it on display, ask an employee. There were 3 copies of each at the electronics boat.

Edited by joeyshadows, 18 January 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#25 SkylineChili4Me

SkylineChili4Me

CAG with Cheese, Please!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

So it's not worth trying this for the 360, I guess? I called my local Target and they confirmed the $29.99 price although I'm not sure they actually scanned anything. Thanks.

#26 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hit 3 near me and didn't see copies for either system. Did spot one store putting out Ni No Kuni a week early, so I think I'll go back for that! I'll ask about the Rapture Edition to see if they have it in the back.

#27 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Well, I'm back from work and the DPCI number is 207-24-0849. $20.98 is the regular price and it's not clearance. The Target I work for doesn't have either the PS3 version or the 360 version (which is $29.99) displayed on the sales floor, so you might have to have a team member to look for it in their PDA. Hope this was helpful

#28 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I checked the price yesterday still $29.99 on PS3.
"Evil is Funs"

#29 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

wanted to completely dodge this since part 1 comes on the blu ray, but im a sucker for complete editions and $20 for 2 with a couple more extras.. guess I could just play them while I wait for infinite to price drop lol

#30 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Not this soon. If that were thd axe the. There would be no point in even releasing it.

The game literally JUST came out. It's not being discounted bc it'd not selling as it'd say too soon to determine that

They put the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy on clearance one week after release (got it for $14.98, and saw it at multiple stores like that), then pulled it and a few weeks later had it back on the shelf at $29.99

Not sure why Target does this for some reason but it seems to happen more than it being a mistake.