Photo
- - - - -

BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#31 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Went back to the store with Ni No Kuni, had the employee dig around in the back, and the end result was: We don't have the game that came out this week, and you can't have the game we did put out because it comes out next week. :wall: LOL

No big deal on Ni No Kuni, as I could see that the register wouldn't even display a price. Since this was a little Target, the guy suggested I hit up a Super Target. I did, and they looked in the back and also came up empty. He fiddled for a while with the handheld scanner and his iphone and finally found just two PS3 copies. Turns out they were shipped along with copies of Bioshock 2, and he didn't look at each individual title in the box. Rang up $20.98. Thx!

#32 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

My parents said it rang up at 20.98 in store a few minutes ago. It appears to still be active. They were in the back.

#33 avatar94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Is there any way to check store stock online using the DCPI or do we need the online item number?

#34 wilkix

wilkix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I vote for Don't Crap Your Pants Indoors to become a nationwide sensation. DCPI is the new OMG...least in my world.

#35 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

EDIT: I bought the 360 version last night. DCPI is 207220849

PS3 Version is $20.xx at Target.
360 Version is $29.99 at Target.

But look at the difference: PS3 gets a normal case, 360 has a slipcase with gatefold disc holder.

Here are some pics for those interested. Everything is on disc, no codes to enter. Sorry they are so big, took them from 2K's Facebook page.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 DarkPhantom13

DarkPhantom13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Just picked up my PS3 copy for $20.98 at my local Target. They had around 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for 360 left.
Posted Image

#37 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Just got back from my local target. 360 version of Bioshock rang up at $29.99 and I figured I'd give Ni No Kuni a shot as it was in the case. Just as I expected, blocked from sale. I pretty much knew that but figured I would try juuuust in case!

#38 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Best Buy has the Xbox 360 version for $29.99 also (not sure about the PS3 version).

#39 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Best Buy has the Xbox 360 version for $29.99 also (not sure about the PS3 version).

That's the MSRP.

#40 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

I feel like I got a good deal now. Lol

http://www.amazon.co...aw/d/B000MKA60W

#41 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Is this compilation only going to be available for a short time? Since a lot of people have already played the first two games to death, doesn't seem like there is going to be a huge demand. Guess there will be more demand for 360 version since it now includes the Challenge Rooms Pack. Wondering how cheap it will go before I should pick it up.

#42 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Bioshock Infinite is likely going to be huge, so gamers who passed on the originals will want to go back and play them. Plus, new gamers are coming along all the time. It's been 6 years since the original came out. Plenty of younger and newer gamers may not be aware of it. And having everything in one case is a bonus in terms of perception. No worrying about platform exclusives or what DLC to get. All-in-one, bang. Done.

I imagine this will stick around. And yes, it will go down, but the original vanilla games still go for more than this, and that's without any of the DLC. So it's already a great price. There may not be an immediate need to discount it further.

#43 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Picked up the PS3 version from Target last night. Used the DCPI with the price checking terminal, and noted that it was $20.98 normal price, but was only in the stockroom. Asked an employee to get it, and had no issues. Didn't check the 360 version unfortunately.

#44 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Bioshock Infinite is likely going to be huge, so gamers who passed on the originals will want to go back and play them. Plus, new gamers are coming along all the time. It's been 6 years since the original came out. Plenty of younger and newer gamers may not be aware of it. And having everything in one case is a bonus in terms of perception. No worrying about platform exclusives or what DLC to get. All-in-one, bang. Done.

I imagine this will stick around. And yes, it will go down, but the original vanilla games still go for more than this, and that's without any of the DLC. So it's already a great price. There may not be an immediate need to discount it further.

If you haven't played System Shock 2 you are really missing out. I was let down somewhat with Bioshock since i was expecting a masterpiece like SS2
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#45 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Picked up a copy at Target last night for PS3. They had 360 and PS3, but the 360 rang up $29.99, as reported earlier. That 360 copy was pretty tempting, though. It did look a lot better, with the slipcover and all. I originally played Bioshock on the 360 and preferred those controls. Hmm... maybe I should go back and just get the 360 version when it drops in price.

#46 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

The spelling mistakes I keep seeing in this thread keep causing me to chuckle a bit. It's actually DPCI, not DCPI. ;)

That said, if I didn't already own both Bioshock1 & 2, I'd be all over this. Even at MSRP.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#47 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

That's the internal Target stock number

How the hell is anyone supposed to know this?

When acronyms and no explanations cause messups in communication they serve no purpose.

#48 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

If you haven't played System Shock 2 you are really missing out. I was let down somewhat with Bioshock since i was expecting a masterpiece like SS2

I've been around since pong, so I've played SS and SS2. In fact, I still have my boxed copy of System Shock because I loved that game so much.

It's a shame you felt let down by a game that earned a bazillion awards, is beloved by most gamers, and got a 96 on metacritic. I know every game won't appeal to every gamer, but give me a break. :roll: Your not one of those guys who only likes bands with less than 20 fans, are you? lol

#49 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Just called two local stores, both had the PS3 version "in the back" at $20.98. They both had a hard time locating the games, but ultimately did.

Have PS+ already, but at this price I'm picking it up.

Thanks OP.

decept1.png

#50 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Are the dlcs in the disc or do uou have to download them? Already have the vanilla games.

#51 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Are the dlcs in the disc or do uou have to download them? Already have the vanilla games.

Answered already in this very thread....

Everything is on disc.

#52 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Was able to pick up a copy, but yeah, something is to be desired from the 360 version. Just going to keep this baby sealed for now since my total play time for part 1 and 2 is probably an hour between both...I just jumped on the hype of the low new release price :lol:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#53 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Just got back from Target and can confirm the $20.98 price for the PS3. They also had Ni No Kuni on the floor. Actually had it in hand but when checking out the release date popped up and the sale was a no go. Oh well. almost had it a few days early.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#54 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Got it. This is not YMMV, cause I can never get in on those. $20.98 but the guy had to get it from the back. Good deal.

#55 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, got it at my Target also for $20.
Still haven't opened it yet since I own B1 & 2 on Xbox and 1 on PS3.
Extra content might be worth it.
Posted Image

#56 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I just typed the dcpi number in at a price scanner and it showed $29.99 for the 360 version.

#57 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Picked nine up. Same sing and dance with having to ask them to check the inventory PDA and then getting it. Girl was surprised at the clearance price too.

#58 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Picked nine up. Same sing and dance with having to ask them to check the inventory PDA and then getting it. Girl was surprised at the clearance price too.

I hope you didn't mean you picked nine up. If so, thanks for bragging about it bro!

#59 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

This is a solid deal. No matter what gaming platform you look at (PC, 360, PS3) Bioshock is almost universally accepted as a top 20 game of the past decade. Bioshock 2 is normally not very far behind on the rankings, paying around $20 for both with DLC included is an awesome deal.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#60 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

How the hell is anyone supposed to know this?

When acronyms and no explanations cause messups in communication they serve no purpose.

Distribution Product Code Information? I work at Target and have absolutely no clue what it stands for. I know what it's used for. The backroom acronyms are stranger.