Photo
- - - - -

BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

WOAH! I just looked at the back of the box, do you really need 22 GB of hard drive space to install everything?

#62 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Can confirm it's this price at the Durham, NC Target store. One copy left.

WOAH! I just looked at the back of the box, do you really need 22 GB of hard drive space to install everything?

It's quite a bit of DLC. Minimum requirement is 5 GB with just the basic install.

#63 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Score! Thanks to the DCIP, a "We don't have it" quickly turned into a "TD!" 3rd time already in 2013 a CS rep said "Wow..." after scanning something I found on CAG!

Thanks team!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#64 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

I hope you didn't mean you picked nine up. If so, thanks for bragging about it bro!

Nope, just the one. Autocorrect failed me grammar this tyme.

#65 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

You guys think I can price match the $20 PS3 version to get the 360 version for $20? Or they wont do it?

#66 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

unfortunately I can confirm this. Playing it right now on the PS3 and it eats up some serious space. But at least the music that plays while you install Bioshock one is excellent.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#67 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

You guys think I can price match the $20 PS3 version to get the 360 version for $20? Or they wont do it?

At Target? I didn't see a 360 version.

#68 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for the DCPI! I verified they had it in stock by manually entering it into one of the price check machines then asked a rep for it. He got one from the stockroom with no hassle.

#69 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Just a heads up. bioshock will take 10 minutes or so to install. bioshock 2 will take closer to 45.

#70 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

It's because you install BS2 to the HDD don't know why they didn't just make it playable off the disc.
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)

#71 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Got one for PS3 @20.98 . Thanks OP
But I am really digging the Xbox 360 packaging. Its damn nice!!

#72 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Is the :ps3: DLC a separate on-disc install, or is it integrated directly into the game install? (for example, I already have Bioshock 2 installed previously, wondering if there will be any issues buying a copy a this for the DLC.)

Thanks!

#73 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yup, separate on-disc install. Inserting the disc installs the first game only. The second game, and every piece of DLC is a separate, manual install. So you should be fine.

#74 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yup, separate on-disc install. Inserting the disc installs the first game only. The second game, and every piece of DLC is a separate, manual install. So you should be fine.

To clarify you insert the disc 2 icons pop up on the XMB one is Bioshock and the other icon is the installs for BS2 and all the extra DLC. Also I just went through the small museum level and if your a Bioshock fan you're going to love it very cool.
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)

#75 SonyFanboy#1

SonyFanboy#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Got this deal today in Champaign IL.

#76 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

unfortunately I can confirm this. Playing it right now on the PS3 and it eats up some serious space. But at least the music that plays while you install Bioshock one is excellent.

It's because you install BS2 to the HDD don't know why they didn't just make it playable off the disc.

Thanks guys. I can't believe you have to install Bioshock 2 entirely. Wow after looking at the packaging differences and now this, I see why there was an immediate price drop lol

#77 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

so i got bioshock 2 on psn+ for free but i am unsure of what dlc is included (if any).

i'm tempted to get in on this as i never played the other bioshocks except for maybe 40 mins of the psn+ version

#78 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Distribution Product Code Information? I work at Target and have absolutely no clue what it stands for. I know what it's used for. The backroom acronyms are stranger.

DPCI
Department Class Item

#79 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Wow after looking at the packaging differences and now this, I see why there was an immediate price drop lol

It's an error, not a price drop. Target is the only store doing it, and most of them don't even have it on the shelf yet. We're all having them pull these from the dark recesses of the stockroom. They just bungled it.

I had to look at the 360 package in person to understand the insane fascination with it. I still don't see it. It's slightly fatter than a regular case to accommodate that pile of DVD's. Doesn't look any fancier. Even when opened it's just an extra sleeve.

I find this particularly funny since I was on another forum listening to comments about the new game, BioShock Infinite. Apparently, the PC version is going to include huge texture packs that would choke the consoles, so they are issuing the game on 3 DVD's. Pretty much every commenter looked down their nose at physical media and bragged about how they all use the cloud, steam, etc. But here we have people talking about how awesome it is to have four discs instead of one blu-ray? Go figure. \\:D/

#80 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Went to the Target at Champaign, IL and they had one left in the back. The guy knew about the lowered price as well.

#81 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's an error, not a price drop. Target is the only store doing it, and most of them don't even have it on the shelf yet. We're all having them pull these from the dark recesses of the stockroom. They just bungled it.

I had to look at the 360 package in person to understand the insane fascination with it. I still don't see it. It's slightly fatter than a regular case to accommodate that pile of DVD's. Doesn't look any fancier. Even when opened it's just an extra sleeve.

I find this particularly funny since I was on another forum listening to comments about the new game, BioShock Infinite. Apparently, the PC version is going to include huge texture packs that would choke the consoles, so they are issuing the game on 3 DVD's. Pretty much every commenter looked down their nose at physical media and bragged about how they all use the cloud, steam, etc. But here we have people talking about how awesome it is to have four discs instead of one blu-ray? Go figure. \\:D/

I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version. I prefer metal cases others may like the unique artwork, others prefer neither and like more space in the real world and less on their systems hard drive.

Individual flavor preference. Gotta say though, the art of the Little Sister's hand reaching out to the Big Brother looks cool.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#82 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version. I prefer metal cases others may like the unique artwork, others prefer neither and like more space in the real world and less on their systems hard drive.

Individual flavor preference. Gotta say though, the art of the Little Sister's hand reaching out to the Big Brother looks cool.

I agree and would have gotten the XBOX version, but cheaper is cheaper and since I already own 1 and 2 collectors editions for the XBOX I bought the PS3 Version.

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#83 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

I like the 360 case, and the artwork with it, so thats why I prefer it :D

#84 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

And that 20+ GB HD install on the PS3 is another factor as it isn't like it improves the performance and quality over the 360 playing straight from the disc. At least it didn't when they were mandatory installs for each game's separate release before as Lens of Truth and other sites gave the 360 the decisive edge. It doesn't mean the PS3 is not an amazing experience, but if you want the best experience barring costs, this is something else that leans towards the 360 besides the special case/cover. With that in mind, I still got it for both systems. :)

Bioshock 1

http://www.lensoftru...2head-bioshock/

Bioshock 2

http://www.lensoftru...d-bioshock-2/2/

#85 RUN-DvdMC

RUN-DvdMC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Not one target in my area has it in stock yet!?!?

#86 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

And that 20+ GB HD install on the PS3 is another factor as it isn't like it improves the performance and quality over the 360 playing straight from the disc. At least it didn't when they were mandatory installs for each game's separate release before as Lens of Truth and other sites gave the 360 the decisive edge. It doesn't mean the PS3 is not an amazing experience, but if you want the best experience barring costs, this is something else that leans towards the 360 besides the special case/cover. With that in mind, I still got it for both systems. :)

Bioshock 1

http://www.lensoftru...2head-bioshock/

Bioshock 2

http://www.lensoftru...d-bioshock-2/2/

I had no idea this website existed. You rock, thank you for the information. Been a gamer my whole life and have two small sons (6&8) so we have most of the systems. Being able to compare this way is awesome.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#87 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

No problem Shrowd and thank you for the compliment. Lens of Truth doesn't compare every single major AAA release and have changed the way they analyze between consoles, but it is a good reference source when they do update. I love the sites that provide concrete stats to declare a winner and not just speculate.

It may take a few weeks after the game is released to give their analysis though. Also, they have sort of taken the high ground and not declare a winner and let the readers vote on who they think should win based off of their research.

Another one I use is the digital foundry for Eurogamer.net as they do their own comparison called face-off. Here is how they did a comparison for Devil May Cry between the 360 and PS3 and they will also take into account the PC or Wii U when applicable. Enjoy!

http://www.eurogamer...ry-dmc-face-off

#88 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Now I have two websites to check out, definitively beats digging through reviews on Amazon. Thanks again.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#89 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

http://www.eurogamer...ry-dmc-face-off

I second Digital Foundry for face-offs. I also like Lens of Truth, but Digital Foundry tends to be more in depth, so I go with them more often.

#90 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

Since I was able to PM Target's $29.99 price for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale at Best Buy, though, I think I'll go to Target, take a picture of the price appearing on the price-check machine, return the copy of Bioshock URE, then price-match at BBY since I have so much credit there.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi