Photo
- - - - -

BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#91 ShadowAssailantX

ShadowAssailantX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

I went to a Target in Tallahassee today, the guy in electronics tried to assure me that they didn't have it because if it was a new game it would be on the shelf, but I kept asking him to check. Ended up having 2+ in the back, got it for ~22. Thanks OP

#92 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Glad to help a fellow CAG member out. These sites that can help people decide which console to buy an identical game for with pretty reliable test results.

Digital Foundry seems to be more in depth than Lens of Truth in more recent analysis so I can't argue that point.

#93 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

Since I was able to PM Target's $29.99 price for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale at Best Buy, though, I think I'll go to Target, take a picture of the price appearing on the price-check machine, return the copy of Bioshock URE, then price-match at BBY since I have so much credit there.

And then wait for a 100% trade in bonus offer, flip it back to Best Buy, hold onto the credit until Best Buy has Hitman Absolution as a deal of the day, buy that, flip it to Gamestop towards a copy of Need for Speed, which you'll then take back to Best Buy for more credit...which you'll use to buy a starbucks giftcard to get a latte when you go back to Target to pick up a copy of Bioshock in the bargain bin for $15.98 when your plan finally comes to fruition in 8 months?

#94 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

+1

Got my copy as well. Not too thrilled about the big install but prefer to play it on the PS3. Was kinda contemplating just picking up Bioshock 2 on Amazon because its $13 and I already have the first one but for a few dollars more I can have both games in one package. Why not.
135068.png]

#95 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

I went to Target today looking for the 360 version and no dice. I came home to buy it from amazon and its sold out with a 2-4 week wait unless you go with GoHastings. I checked which Gamestops near me had a copy and none of them had any 360 copies within 100 miles. Best Buy was the only one that had one in stock, so I placed an order for pick up. I didn't think this would be in high demand/low print run.

#96 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Best buy had copies of both versions today.

#97 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

"DCPI is 207220849"

Can someone tell me what's this number for?
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#98 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

"DCPI is 207220849"

Give it to a employee and they can see if its in stock

#99 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version.

I know, the bit about the discs was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, since most people are so down on physical media these days (not me, though). :)

AFAIK, none of that artwork is new. I agree that it's all great, but I have those images already, like on the Bioshock 2 CE. And how often does anyone look at a disc sleeve/tray anyway? It's going to sit on a shelf, hidden. Kudos to 2K for putting in more than just a plain disc sleeve, but lets face it, they had to put in a bunch of discs, so they added a few nice stock images to dress it up a bit. It's not noteworthy.

But clearly that's just me. Lots of people in this thread think it's something special. Every now and then the internet leaves me scratching my head. LOL. I'm simply glad to finally have all the DLC, which I passed on. I hear Minerva's Den is fantastic.

#100 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Give it to a employee and they can see if its in stock

[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#101 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

"DCPI is 207220849"

Also, if you go to the barcode scanners they have around the store for customer use, I think you can manually punch in the number and check the stock for yourself.

#102 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think this deal is dead. The first store that I went to refused to sell me a copy of it claiming that the street date wasn't until tomorrow, but the second store had copies and sold one to me. The price was 29.99. Too bad I did not find this thread until this morning.

This was Kalamazoo MI btw just in case this is a regional thing.

#103 karkarot2

karkarot2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Got my copy yesterday at the Arlington Heights, IL location thanks OP. They still had one in stock

#104 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I know, the bit about the discs was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, since most people are so down on physical media these days (not me, though). :)

AFAIK, none of that artwork is new. I agree that it's all great, but I have those images already, like on the Bioshock 2 CE. And how often does anyone look at a disc sleeve/tray anyway? It's going to sit on a shelf, hidden. Kudos to 2K for putting in more than just a plain disc sleeve, but lets face it, they had to put in a bunch of discs, so they added a few nice stock images to dress it up a bit. It's not noteworthy.

But clearly that's just me. Lots of people in this thread think it's something special. Every now and then the internet leaves me scratching my head. LOL. I'm simply glad to finally have all the DLC, which I passed on. I hear Minerva's Den is fantastic.

Why worry so much about what other people think about items? The only time to really even consider it is when someone is pushing an absolute crazy opinion out there, which is not really the case here. If you like the visual look of something, go for it, if not, don't buy it.

#105 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Went to my Target. Found the PS3 Copy on the floor, had a 20.98 Tag on it. I'll probably pick it up later. Didn't see a 360 Version anywhere though.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#106 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Went to pick up a copy and it was in the case labeled $20.98. Scanned as $29.99 but I pointed to the tag and cashier price adjusted it. Got the second to last one which means its the last one without a huge dent in the back of the case.

Anyone know if you can install the DLC and play it with the non-Ultimate Rapture Edition discs on PS3?

#107 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Went to pick up a copy and it was in the case labeled $20.98. Scanned as $29.99 but I pointed to the tag and cashier price adjusted it. Got the second to last one which means its the last one without a huge dent in the back of the case.

Anyone know if you can install the DLC and play it with the non-Ultimate Rapture Edition discs on PS3?

Yes you can. Id recommend deleting the regular game install data and just use the ultimate disc. Both versions are 1.1 but if you accidentally put the other in, it will install over the other data even though they're identical. In the end its up to you.

For Bio 2, you can save 10 gigs if you have the regular disc, as the dlc packs are installed separately.

#108 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Wait, so you can get the dlc installed, and run off the regular disc and trade in or sell the ult edition and keep the DLC active?

#109 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

This was 29.99 at the target I went to.

#110 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

No copies were out on the floor so I had the employee check the back. He comes out with a bunch of copies for both platforms. Naturally, both platforms scan as $29.99. No surprise there but what did surprise me was that before meeting him, I input the number in the price checker and it said there were none available. None on the floor and none in the stockroom, either.

#111 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Wait, so you can get the dlc installed, and run off the regular disc and trade in or sell the ult edition and keep the DLC active?

Yep, although I'm not seeing the value in it. Sure you save some $$, but the trade in value is not going to be more than $10. But again, the disc is not needed for the dlc once its installed.

#112 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

So based on the last few posts, they fixed the pricing mistake on the ps3 version and now both versions scan at 29.99 at all Targets?

#113 gcrack

gcrack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I got it today. Rang up at $29.99 but still had the 20.98 price on the shelf so I got it for $22. They might have fixed the price though.

#114 Philly Kuts

Philly Kuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Where was your Target at.

#115 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Yep, although I'm not seeing the value in it. Sure you save some $$, but the trade in value is not going to be more than $10. But again, the disc is not needed for the dlc once its installed.

Until your hard drive needs reformatting. Hold on to the discs, otherwise, unless you have a good backup, you'll be re-buying.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#116 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

I got it today. Rang up at $29.99 but still had the 20.98 price on the shelf so I got it for $22. They might have fixed the price though.

Exact same thing happened to me today as well.

#117 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Until your hard drive needs reformatting. Hold on to the discs, otherwise, unless you have a good backup, you'll be re-buying.

That's another reason. Just keep it.

#118 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

It seems they fixed the price at the Target I work for and after reading some of the posts here, probably store wide. Congats on everyone that was able to get it for $20.98.

#119 CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Just went to Target a few min. ago and price was at $29.99 I made the employee checked it too, still at $29.99.

Got Medal of Honor WarFighter Limited Edition at $19.99 though.

#120 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Despite the price fix, I managed to snag the last copy for $20.98 at a local Target today because they neglected to update the shelf tag. Keep on truckin'!