Photo
- - - - -

Mad Catz SCR2013 Promo! Up to $60 OFF FightSticks + more! Ends 1/23!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I pulled out my SSFIV Tourney stick last weekend. Had some fun wrecking on some guys from Germany on USFVC3. Thanks OP for the thread but I will keep my stick

Kamagii.png

#32 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I'm planning on getting a fight stick, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Is there any difference between the Soul Calibur and Street Fighter vs. Tekken ($100 version) besides the artwork? I was also looking at the Gamestop exclusive Injustice stick, but I haven't been able to find who is making that stick. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IIRC both the SC and Sf x T sticks are both made with top of the line Sanwa parts, its just different skins. Don't get the injustice stick it look like pure garbage. As a poster said, go to Tek Innovations and you can replace the artwork with whatever you want: lolcats hello kitty, justin beeber whatever. I guess a decision you would have to make is what color scheme you would want for your buttons.

they're the same, just different artwork

IIRC sc stick has Namco noir button layout while sfxt uses vewlix

The SCV & Fightstick Pro sticks are completely different besides the fact they both use all-Sanwa components & are manufactured by Madcatz. The SCV stick has a Namco Noir button layout while the FSP has a Vewlix button layout. If you're into replacing artwork then it's much easier to do with the SCV stick. The SCV case is a 3-tone translucent case while the FSP (the $100 version) case is all black. Also, the FSP has a longer & more angled wrist rest area (which I prefer since it feels more comfy after 30+ mins of usage). IMHO, the quality on SCV is much better although I prefer a Vewlix button layout.

As for the Injustice stick, it's made by PDP. Though not really known for quality products, their last 2 sticks (MK Tournament Edition & MK Klassic) have been steller with great quality, fit & finish so I'm actually looking forward to this Injustice stick. More info can be found in the 2nd half of this post:

http://www.cheapassg...27&postcount=27
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#33 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

If someone has a SCV stick and would want a Viewlix layout; I'd gladly swap you a TE panel for yours.

Astro City layout all day, every day here.

#34 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Someday, someday, I will not feel guilty and actually buy one of these TEs.

#35 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

If you enjoy playing fighters at all, you really won't regret it.

#36 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Someday, someday, I will not feel guilty and actually buy one of these TEs.

Buy a used one. A little bit of luck and you can get one for around $80 shipped on eBay or SRK, or you might be able to find one on CL.