#1 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Dragonborn $10 (after promo)
Hearthfire $2.50 (after promo)
Dawnguard $10 (after promo)

50% off during launch week. $22.50 for all three games after promo

http://blog.us.plays...f-for-one-week/

Not sure if there will a PSN plus membership discount.

Edited by kart007k, 18 January 2013 - 07:33 PM.

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#2 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Smart move.

#3 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

What's the MSRP of the DLC packs?

#4 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

And will probably be just as broken as the game was.

#5 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

What's the MSRP of the DLC packs?

1600 Microsoft points on xbox for Dawnguard and Dragonborn so $20 for each, and 400 Microsoft point for the Hearthfire (house building), so five bucks for that one.

#6 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Wtf. I want 50% off of DragonBorn for xbl

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#7 AxleHead

AxleHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

And will probably be just as broken as the game was.

Unlikely. Sony has handled a large portion of the development with Bethesda. Bethesda dropped the ball bad this time and Sony finally stepped in and had to teach them how to properly develop for the console. There was mention almost 6 months ago that some staff from Naughty Dog were assisting as well.

#8 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Unlikely. Sony has handled a large portion of the development with Bethesda. Bethesda dropped the ball bad this time and Sony finally stepped in and had to teach them how to properly develop for the console. There was mention almost 6 months ago that some staff from Naughty Dog were assisting as well.

I doubt they fixed the problems with the main game on PS3. I think it was a memory issue that affected a certain percentage of players. Those players are probably still going to get the short end of the stick.

#9 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

How about free or added discount for ps+?

#10 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Wtf. I want 50% off of DragonBorn for xbl

There was a sale on XBL on the 31st of December during their holiday sale, though I don't remember how much the saving was, did you miss that?

#11 AxleHead

AxleHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I doubt they fixed the problems with the main game on PS3. I think it was a memory issue that affected a certain percentage of players. Those players are probably still going to get the short end of the stick.

The main game has been patched up pretty well. I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions pretty extensively. PS3 most recently and I can say while its not quite as stable as the 360 version it's easily the most playable Bethesda game on PS3. It was a horror story at launch but very much playable now. Now if they could just fix Fallout 3. Seriously that situation is just BS.

#12 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

There was a sale on XBL on the 31st of December during their holiday sale, though I don't remember how much the saving was, did you miss that?

Dragonborn did not make an appearance during that sale.

#13 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

More importantly, Dragonborn is also hitting Steam on Feb. 5. :D
Posted Image

#14 Abear21

Abear21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

YES!

Finally, I knew Bethesda would make good on this eventually. I'll be buying day one, and won't be surprised if it needs a patch or two, but that's ok...50% off is music to this CAG's ears!!

#15 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

So, I don't have the game yet. Buy the DLC the first week at half-off or wait on a GOTY edition? Decisions...

#16 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I can't believe it's actually coming out...
Question: I'm not even close to being done with the game. Is it worth it for me to pick up any of these DLC's considering their price point? Are they worth it even though I have plenty left to do in the game?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#17 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Nice, but i will wait till last minute while reading lots of feedbacks from the nets before getting this.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#18 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 with the 1.06 (1.7) patch applied still manages to drop to zero frames per second but it simply takes longer to get to that point.

Remember what DLC did to both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and then think about how much playtime it would take to fully invoke that given the supposed fixes made to Skyrim = The one week at 50% off sure looks like Bethesda trying to sucker-in as many people as possible at half-price before it all comes crashing down.

Buyer beware.
sudo mklove

#19 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I can't believe it's actually coming out...
Question: I'm not even close to being done with the game. Is it worth it for me to pick up any of these DLC's considering their price point? Are they worth it even though I have plenty left to do in the game?

Yes. You can't even play Dragonborn until you are at a certain part of the main questline.

#20 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Dragonborn did not make an appearance during that sale.

Oh ok, I download Dragonborn on release day so I didnt even bother checking out that sale, thanks for correcting that

#21 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Yes. You can't even play Dragonborn until you are at a certain part of the main questline.

Good to know; thanks :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#22 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 with the 1.06 (1.7) patch applied still manages to drop to zero frames per second but it simply takes longer to get to that point.

Remember what DLC did to both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and then think about how much playtime it would take to fully invoke that given the supposed fixes made to Skyrim = The one week at 50% off sure looks like Bethesda trying to sucker-in as many people as possible at half-price before it all comes crashing down.

Buyer beware.

I don't know. With Sony working closely with them on this, I don't think they would allow them to release it if it wasn't right. Hopefully it's been tested extensively, and causes no further problems. Fingers crossed.

#23 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I don't know. With Sony working closely with them on this, I don't think they would allow them to release it if it wasn't right. Hopefully it's been tested extensively, and causes no further problems. Fingers crossed.

Don't kid yourself. Bethesda and Sony just don't go together, there will be problems.

#24 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Don't kid yourself. Bethesda and Sony just don't go together, there will be problems.

Stranger things have happened. I'll reserve my judgement. I'm not trying to say I think it will be perfect, of course, but I do think it will be far from terrible. IF they truly had people from Naughty Dog, etc helping them as has been stated earlier.

#25 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Good effort on their part, at one point I remember they implied that it will "never" come to the PS3, glad they came through.

I would still urge players to go for PC (hope some of you were able to get that never-before-seen-epic Dell deal two days ago), but good news for PS3 players nonetheless.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#26 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

It's just extremely convenient that the amount of time that the sale lasts and the amount of time needed for proper real-world player testing of the DLC is roughly the same.

Were this another company I might pass it off as an honest happenstance but not when it comes to Bethesda.
sudo mklove

#27 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Well this sucks for me. I traded in my copy months ago thinking they wouldnt even attempt to get this content over to the ps3. Well...this sucks.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#28 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Given how long the game has been out, it's about time for a GOTY version. Wouldn't it be hilarious (and incredibly insulting) if they released an Xbox GOTY version the same week as the PS3 DLC release?

#29 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Given how long the game has been out, it's about time for a GOTY version. Wouldn't it be hilarious (and incredibly insulting) if they released an Xbox GOTY version the same week as the PS3 DLC release?

Has it been confirmed that no more DLC is coming out?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#30 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Has it been confirmed that no more DLC is coming out?

I thought there was at least one more planned?