PSN: SKYRIM DLC coming to PS3 and 50% Off during Launch week

[quote name='bob330i']What's the MSRP of the DLC packs?[/QUOTE]

1600 Microsoft points on xbox for Dawnguard and Dragonborn so $20 for each, and 400 Microsoft point for the Hearthfire (house building), so five bucks for that one.

[quote name='aircobra']And will probably be just as broken as the game was.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. Sony has handled a large portion of the development with Bethesda. Bethesda dropped the ball bad this time and Sony finally stepped in and had to teach them how to properly develop for the console. There was mention almost 6 months ago that some staff from Naughty Dog were assisting as well.

[quote name='AxleHead']Unlikely. Sony has handled a large portion of the development with Bethesda. Bethesda dropped the ball bad this time and Sony finally stepped in and had to teach them how to properly develop for the console. There was mention almost 6 months ago that some staff from Naughty Dog were assisting as well.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they fixed the problems with the main game on PS3. I think it was a memory issue that affected a certain percentage of players. Those players are probably still going to get the short end of the stick.

[quote name='Mako1215']Wtf. I want 50% off of DragonBorn for xbl[/QUOTE]
There was a sale on XBL on the 31st of December during their holiday sale, though I don't remember how much the saving was, did you miss that?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I doubt they fixed the problems with the main game on PS3. I think it was a memory issue that affected a certain percentage of players. Those players are probably still going to get the short end of the stick.[/QUOTE]

The main game has been patched up pretty well. I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions pretty extensively. PS3 most recently and I can say while its not quite as stable as the 360 version it's easily the most playable Bethesda game on PS3. It was a horror story at launch but very much playable now. Now if they could just fix Fallout 3. Seriously that situation is just BS.

[quote name='LD_Helix']There was a sale on XBL on the 31st of December during their holiday sale, though I don't remember how much the saving was, did you miss that?[/QUOTE]

Dragonborn did not make an appearance during that sale.

YES!

Finally, I knew Bethesda would make good on this eventually. I'll be buying day one, and won't be surprised if it needs a patch or two, but that's ok...50% off is music to this CAG's ears!!

I can't believe it's actually coming out...
Question: I'm not even close to being done with the game. Is it worth it for me to pick up any of these DLC's considering their price point? Are they worth it even though I have plenty left to do in the game?

Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 with the 1.06 (1.7) patch applied still manages to drop to zero frames per second but it simply takes longer to get to that point.

Remember what DLC did to both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and then think about how much playtime it would take to fully invoke that given the supposed fixes made to Skyrim = The one week at 50% off sure looks like Bethesda trying to sucker-in as many people as possible at half-price before it all comes crashing down.

Buyer beware.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I can't believe it's actually coming out...
Question: I'm not even close to being done with the game. Is it worth it for me to pick up any of these DLC's considering their price point? Are they worth it even though I have plenty left to do in the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can't even play Dragonborn until you are at a certain part of the main questline.

[quote name='Nax5']Dragonborn did not make an appearance during that sale.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok, I download Dragonborn on release day so I didnt even bother checking out that sale, thanks for correcting that

[quote name='aircobra']Yes. You can't even play Dragonborn until you are at a certain part of the main questline.[/QUOTE]

Good to know; thanks :)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 with the 1.06 (1.7) patch applied still manages to drop to zero frames per second but it simply takes longer to get to that point.

Remember what DLC did to both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and then think about how much playtime it would take to fully invoke that given the supposed fixes made to Skyrim = The one week at 50% off sure looks like Bethesda trying to sucker-in as many people as possible at half-price before it all comes crashing down.

Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. With Sony working closely with them on this, I don't think they would allow them to release it if it wasn't right. Hopefully it's been tested extensively, and causes no further problems. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I don't know. With Sony working closely with them on this, I don't think they would allow them to release it if it wasn't right. Hopefully it's been tested extensively, and causes no further problems. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. Bethesda and Sony just don't go together, there will be problems.

[quote name='aircobra']Don't kid yourself. Bethesda and Sony just don't go together, there will be problems.[/QUOTE]

Stranger things have happened. I'll reserve my judgement. I'm not trying to say I think it will be perfect, of course, but I do think it will be far from terrible. IF they truly had people from Naughty Dog, etc helping them as has been stated earlier.

Good effort on their part, at one point I remember they implied that it will "never" come to the PS3, glad they came through.

I would still urge players to go for PC (hope some of you were able to get that never-before-seen-epic Dell deal two days ago), but good news for PS3 players nonetheless.

It's just extremely convenient that the amount of time that the sale lasts and the amount of time needed for proper real-world player testing of the DLC is roughly the same.

Were this another company I might pass it off as an honest happenstance but not when it comes to Bethesda.

Given how long the game has been out, it's about time for a GOTY version. Wouldn't it be hilarious (and incredibly insulting) if they released an Xbox GOTY version the same week as the PS3 DLC release?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Given how long the game has been out, it's about time for a GOTY version. Wouldn't it be hilarious (and incredibly insulting) if they released an Xbox GOTY version the same week as the PS3 DLC release?[/QUOTE]
Has it been confirmed that no more DLC is coming out?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I thought there was at least one more planned?[/QUOTE]
I don't know...I see GoTY talk and thought I'd ask

And congrats Daz.

I think there is one more coming out. And considering how recently Dragonborn came out, I seriously doubt any kind of GOTY edition is released within the next couple months.

Thanks, though if I was a PS3 Skyrim owner I would tell Bethesda they can just keep the game a 360 exclusive if they want to.

I have never seen such consistent favoritism from a developer this big that didn't involve just being exclusive. Bungie has been better to PS3 than Bethesda.

I'm glad that they are bringing the DLC at a discount, but that makes me feel like there's going to be something wrong with it. I've already given Bethesda too much of my business.

bread's done
Back