Madden Cag Fantasy League. Wildcard Round

Chetty12

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT INFO-

A new league had to be created because for whatever reason, i could not start it as a fantasy draft. I have sent out invites to everyone including Uber and Perditiontroy for the new league which i have confirmed gives me the option to start with a fantasy draft. Everyone please join in the same division that you initially signed up for.

Rules that are going to be up for debate-
Ok I had a chance to go over everyone's votes. Here are the rules.

Time- 5 minutes no runoff. Only 2 people voted for 6 minutes, the rest went with 5 minutes.

Injury- On, only one voted for injuries off.

Salary cap- For now, its on but we'll rejudge this come the offseason.

Difficulty- For now, all pro won the vote. This was probably the closest vote. This will also be looked at during the offseason. I just want to reiterate, I don't expect to see people mining XP off CPU games by running up the score.

Trade with cpu- Off, only 3 people voted to have this on.

Trades with humans- On, but everyone agrees there still needs to be a way to judge. The way I'm proposing is that every trade, if you can get 4 other users that are not a part of the trade then the trade will be approved. If the trade is outrageous, Im reserving the right to call for a community vote. Majority will decide. Also if I see a group of people just working together to get trades approved unfairly, then this will be altered and looked at as well.

Gameplay- We'll go with the official rules with the exception of celebrating. Most people seem to agree that diving/celebrating should be allowed, especially considering its suppose to be a fun league. Obviously, take into consideration the score/who you are playing. Obviously, if you know its someone who doesn't like that sort of thing or they request you don't do it then just avoid it for that game. Or if the score is out of hand, just let it be, be respectful and just run it in.

Everyone, remember that when you join the league, you have to manually turn off FILL ROSTER. I can set everything else to off but that setting.

Description of the Draft-

I just did a test draft. Each team has 45 seconds per pick to select. The draft starts with only a certain pool of players available to be selected. Starting in round 7, every 6 rounds the draft is paused and more players are added to the pool. The draft is 54 rounds long. Players are signed to new contracts which I'm guessing are based around age/ovr/position/round selected. If you're curious about the contract situation, I'm going to leave my test franchise up for anyone to join and check out. The name is cag fantasy test and the password is cag.

Divisions/teams available
NFC-

Nfc North-
Green Bay Packers- Chetty12
Chicago Bears-
Detroit Lions-
Minnesota Vikings- doomtime

Nfc South-
Atlanta Falcons- the joy of troy
Carolina Panthers-
New Orleans Saints- neworlbush25
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-

Nfc East-
New York Giants- Mr Grand Cru
Dallas Cowboys- Uberness
Washington Redskins- sprice20
Philadelphia Eagles-

Nfc West-
St Louis Rams-
San Francisco 49ers- og whitewidow
Seattle Seahawks- mog3526
Arizona Cardinals-

AFC

Afc North-
Baltimore Ravens- L4WII
Pittsburgh Steelers-
Cincinnati Bengals- Hemingway12
Cleveland Browns-

Afc South-
Jacksonville Jaguars- x Matt young x
Tennessee Titans-
Houston Texans- Blade3D
Indianapolis Colts- docb9110

Afc East-
Miami Dolphins- MurdaModeLV
New York Jets-
New England Patriots- Bseti50
Buffalo Bills-

Afc West-
Oakland Raiders-
Denver Broncos-
San Diego Chargers- bvharris
Kansas City Chiefs- dvo21

Last edited by a moderator:
4 games left

Cru Giants VS BodyShots Panthers later tonight
Broadway Cowboys VS BUCS CPU playing this afternoon.
Murdamodelv Dolphins Vs Cpu Jets
Doc Colts vs Cpu Jags

remember deadline is tonight.

has there been a set time yet for the advancement bv and i trying to setup a game right after we advance if possible the earlier the better

hmmmm so went to look at my teams contracts then saw i had a bunch of dudes with only 1 year remaining so i figured i better go resign guys well looks like i cant resign anyone anyone else run into this or notice this?

Nah I haven't looked into it. We'll have to see if they give everyone exclusivity at the end of the year.

[quote name='Chetty12']Cru and body are suppose to be playing sometime around 7 pm. Look for a 8:30-9 advance time.[/QUOTE]

Starting in 5.

Giants - 45
Panthers - 23

A great defensive game except one defense scored points and the other didn't.

G-Men:

Luck - 119 yards 2 TD 2 INT
Spiller - 10 att 83 yards 1 TD

Defense - 3 FF (all recovered), 7 INT, 1 sack, and 21 Defensive points.

Panthers:

Freeman - 321 yards, 3 TD, 7 INT
Murray - 10 att, 23 yards, 0 TD, 2 Fumbles

Defense - 171 total yards allowed, 3 Sacks, 2 INT

Good game Cru.

Chargers 38 - Chiefs 10

I'll do a longer write-up later, need to shovel some food into my mouth quickly and then play Doom.

Rivers only had 2 incompletions all game, though unfortunately both were picks.

Brees threw 5 picks, including a ridiculous one to end the game which Haden caught, I kid you not, off the bounce behind his back with one hand.

gg dvo!

Week 4 remaining games-

Vikings(doom) vs lions
Seahawks(mog) vs rams
Dolphins(lv) vs cardinals
Giants(cru) vs Eagles(doomane)

Played my first game of the season and I'm sitting at 3-1! :) The CPU really put a hurting on me in my sim game I missed last week. 55 pts! Yikes.

Anyone able to get in touch with neworlbush for me? I PMed him about our game, but I noticed he hasn't been on CAG in about a week.

Most of the CPU rosters are pretty abysmal though. Maybe we should list some of the roster highlights in the OP for people who want to join so they can make a more informed decision when selecting a team.

It's fine. When I join, I will pick any team and ziny will go through the rosters and find the one that suits my play style.

[quote name='Chetty12']Yes. Ill send an invite tonight.[/QUOTE]

Do you know the league name and password as I can join that way as well.

[quote name='Mile High Von']Do you know the league name and password as I can join that way as well.[/QUOTE]

Invite sent.

Seahawks - 38
Panthers - 35

GG Mog

Seahawks:
Fitzpatrick - 269 yards 3 TD 1 INT
Turner - 100 yards 17 att 1 TD

Panthers:
Freeman - 366 yards 4 TD 1 INT
Graham - 257 yards 4 TD 9 rec.

Bengals 41 Dolphins 28

RG3 QBR 156.3 273 yards 3 TD
Miller 80 yards on 10 ATT for 1 TD
Green 215 yards 2 TD
Mays and Shields with an INT

Wilson QBR 68.7 244 yards 1 TD 2 INT
McCoy 16 ATT 82 yards
williams 48 yards 3 TD
Witten 159 yards

GG LV

San Diego Chargers 52 - New Orleans Saints 14

The Chargers continue their blistering start to the season, fighting off an early showing by the Saints to run away with this one. The teams traded TDs in the first half to make it 14-14 until Aqib Talib broke the pattern with a pick six. The Chargers never looked back, as their defense stepped up in a big way from that point forward.

Philip Rivers was 8 of 9 for 157 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INT.

Schaub was 16 of 28 for 198 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs.

Charles carried it 10 times for 120 yards and a TD. Ridley added 9 carries for 59 yards and a TD.

Forte carried 13 times for 68 yards and 2 scores. Schaub added 3 carries for 34 yards, though he fumbled the last one.

Brandon Marshall had 3 catches for 59 yards and 2 TDs. Hartline added 2 catches for 47 and a TD.

Heath Miller lead the Saints with 4 catches for 69 yards.

The Chargers got picks from both Talib (for six) and Haden. Haden also recovered a fumble which was knocked out by Spikes. Shaughnessy, Jordan and Hightower each had a sack. David Wilson had a punt return for a TD.

The Saints didn't show up in the defensive box score, not forcing a single punt and only making the Chargers settle for a FG once in the 4th.

---
gg neworlbush!

Chargers move to 5-0. I'm not sure what it is about this team, but I'm so much better on offense with it than I am with the Broncos. Definitely very happy with how the season's going so far.

lol BV ur offense and ur defense is insane not looking for to game number 2 in the division show down. although im 1-1 against u in madden 13 ur skills since the first time we played in the official league have risen thats for sure

There are 4 games left

Chetty Vs Doc
Cru VS CPU simulate cpu games.
Tanabeo Vs Doom
Widow Vs CPU

we are advancing tonight after Chettys game so unless you guys have these games scheduled they will be sim.

[quote name='DVO21']lol BV ur offense and ur defense is insane[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I'm having the best season that I've ever had with a WR with Brandon Marshall, he's averaging over 100 yards and 2 TDs per game... And he's still like 500 yards behind AJ Green. :lol:

Anyone else find it weird that in a league with laid back trade rules, that not one trade has been submitted?

[quote name='Chetty12']Anyone else find it weird that in a league with laid back trade rules, that not one trade has been submitted?[/QUOTE]

i think its becuz everyone for the most part thats in the league is happy with wut they have. i know i wouldnt mind getting better defense cpu bucs put up 34 points i think it was on me. but brees and cruz had a crazy game. i looked at the record book and they both slaughter the records for yards in a game then i saw someone broke bennettes records well like 5 people broke his record 31 catches in a game is now the record not bennetts 22 or 23
and on top of that brees with superstar development only got 4000 xp

[quote name='Blade3D']I thought we were supposed to take it easy on the CPU. Some of y'all are putting up ridiculous numbers.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely in the "some of y'all" category. It is nearly impossible to take it easy on the CPU on All-Pro, the AI at that level just isn't capable of keeping up with even a half-decent human player. I could literally run on every down (which I do anyway in the second half of my CPU games) and still put up 70+ points without breaking a sweat. Especially when the computer is going to throw 6 or 7 picks a game against even the most vanilla defenses, and achieve maybe 2 or 3 total first downs.

If we want to rein in the scores against the CPU in any meaningful way, we'd need to switch to All-Madden. People still shouldn't have any trouble easily defeating the CPU at that difficulty, but at least the AI at that level is capable of sustaining an offensive drive.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm definitely in the "some of y'all" category. It is nearly impossible to take it easy on the CPU on All-Pro, the AI at that level just isn't capable of keeping up with even a half-decent human player. I could literally run on every down (which I do anyway in the second half of my CPU games) and still put up 70+ points without breaking a sweat. Especially when the computer is going to throw 6 or 7 picks a game against even the most vanilla defenses, and achieve maybe 2 or 3 total first downs.

If we want to rein in the scores against the CPU in any meaningful way, we'd need to switch to All-Madden. People still shouldn't have any trouble easily defeating the CPU at that difficulty, but at least the AI at that level is capable of sustaining an offensive drive.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I'm hesitant on doing that is because switching to all Madden doesn't make the game harder in a fair way. It just leads to more drop passes and more broken tackles. It doesn't actually affect awareness or play calling, which is the real problem. Then all those problems with dropped passes and horrible throws would carry over into user vs user games.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I heard through the grapevine there's a new powerhouse in the AFC West...[/QUOTE]

I find that pretty unlikely having looked at the rosters of those teams.

Still, I'll welcome fewer CPU games.

bread's done
Back