Aliens: Colonial Marine Collector Edition 86.77 Walmart.com

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'd love to see some detailed shots of the figurine or some video of it (not an unboxing necessarily).

They show photos try google. I got preordered newegg 85 shipped the extras make it a must. The loader alone rules. :lol:

#32 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

It should be a fun game for local-op through the entire campaign I presume.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#33 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

I want this game to be really good but the more stuff that comes out the worse it looks. I keep thinking it'll be more AVP than we're hoping it will be. AVP was fun but it was still a let down

Agreed. I love the Alien franchise and I really want this to be good but I have yet to be impressed from anything I've seen. Gameplay looks mediocre, graphics look mediocre, could care less about multiplayer. Going to wait on reviews and go from there.

#34 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Friggin Nintendo. Anybody want to buy a Wii u lol

Good luck getting anyone to meet up with you to buy it with that psycho-looking avatar of yours. Not to mention your fantastic attitude.

As far as the game, I don't know what previews you all have seen, but I think it's looking good. The Left 4 Dead style multiplayer should fit well, fingers crossed.

#35 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

My deepest hopes for this game have just dropped yet another notch. It wouldnt even be that hard to make this an excellent game but i fear we are going down the avp path again which itself was a straight rip from the old computer game which didnt do very well.

#36 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Not sure why OP didn't post the link.

http://www.walmart.c...ch_constraint=0

He's a "newbie".

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#37 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

This is one game I am not going to be covering in my blog as this looks like it will kill my wallet for an instant failure. Just saying.

The sting of AVP is still fresh in my mind.

xivpads.png

#38 unwittytitle

unwittytitle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Already preorder at BB, otherwise I would be all over this. One of the few games this year I'll be buying on day one. Apart from some dated graphics, everything I've seen looks great

#39 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Saw this game in action at PAX East last year. I was really pumped to see it but was left feeling a little disappointed. I was hoping for a dark, creepy atmosphere like the films, but it came off kinda cheesy with the dialogue... Gameplay looked fine, but with a franchise like Alien they really should nail the atmosphere and it didnt feel that way. Hopefully the extra time this game got in the oven helped it be a better game. I'm holding out hope anyways.
Posted Image

#40 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

This is one game I am not going to be covering in my blog as this looks like it will kill my wallet for an instant failure. Just saying.

The sting of AVP is still fresh in my mind.

Dunno how that's relevant, Gearbox didn't make that, and with their success with Borderlands I don't see how this can turn out as awful (people bring up Duke Nukem, but they were handed a rotting Frankenstein carcass that they were told to dress up and make it look pretty).

#41 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Anyone actually order this? So we can all giggle, I mean.

#42 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

AVP1 and AVP2 for the PC are still the best Alien first person shooter games by far. Alien Resurrection on the PS1 is a close third.

AVP3 was dog crap.

Colonial Marines looks like it will be mediocre at best. When killed, the Aliens explode like a shook up can of Mountain Dew.

#43 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

If these CE last a month they will be $69.99 to $79.99 on sale somewhere. I will bite on the standard release. The statue (toy) looks worser than the old kid toys from back in the day. I rather just buy a xenomorph figurine somewhere. imo still looks like a awesome game.

Those Kenner Alien/Predator toys from the early 90's were actually pretty well made. Sure, they created a 2nd series that diverted quite a bit from the original Giger appearance, but the original figures were a good representation of the film. The Queen in particular looks good.

#44 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Seeing recent videos it looks 2nd rate- poor graphics and even worse animations and frame rate

#45 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Damn. I remember seeing a preview awhile ago that made the game look promising. Since the game is heralded as a sequel to the movies, the biggest thing I'm looking for is a narrative/experience that does the series justice. Although, from the looks of it, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

#46 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Had this preordered at amazon. Will have to cancel that after learning of some reviews etc for this

#47 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Had this preordered at amazon. Will have to cancel that after learning of some reviews etc for this

what reviews? links please
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#48 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Speaking of links. Everytime I try to post a link from my iPhone 4S it never posts as a link. How does one post a link from an iPhone?

#49 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Dunno how that's relevant, Gearbox didn't make that, and with their success with Borderlands I don't see how this can turn out as awful (people bring up Duke Nukem, but they were handed a rotting Frankenstein carcass that they were told to dress up and make it look pretty).

Well, to be honest, it is a licensed Hollywood IP. Anything Hollywood has their hands in for some reason turns to shit. I will eat my words if the game actually does well, but I have absolutely ZERO faith in it as of right now.

xivpads.png

#50 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Oh not much on the software but more so on the ce contents being meh. Apparently was on display at some expo

#51 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I love Aliens and I believe that Gearbox with make a decent game or at least a competent co-op multiplayer.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#52 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Maybe I'm just silly but I really want to order this set!

#53 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I really really want this game to be good, but I don't have a good feeling when the set is discounted before release. It IS possible to make good licensed games. We are aware of this after playing games like Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Wolverine. As cheap ass gamers, I'd bet 98% of us will wait for a $14.99 or lower price if it's just a 2nd rate shooter.

There's no need to rush this game because there's no movie tie-in in theaters. I really hope the developers put the time and effort into this game to make it great. If so, they will get my $59.99 or my $86.77 if the CE is still this price after reviews come out.

#54 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Oh not much on the software but more so on the ce contents being meh. Apparently was on display at some expo

Oh, I thought you meant the game. I see nothing special about this CE.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#55 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Does anybody remember when this game was originally supposed to be released? It was delayed quite a few times and I thought it was going to be another Duke Nukem.

#56 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Does anybody remember when this game was originally supposed to be released? It was delayed quite a few times and I thought it was going to be another Duke Nukem.

No game is going to be like another Duke Nukem. Delayed 6 months or something is nothing like 15 years.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#57 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

You'd think this game was one of the worst ever produced from reading this entire thread. Nobody's even played it here, I take it, yet...but judging from the consensus it's time to cancel preorders!

#58 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

No game is going to be like another Duke Nukem. Delayed 6 months or something is nothing like 15 years.

Well to be fair Aliens Colonial Marines has actually been delayed since like... 2004.

(The entire project got scrapped at one point I think, but it was like in 08 or something that it was reannounced under Gearbox's wing. And then it got another delay when they tried to push that unfortunate AVP game)

I'm getting the game for PC, and I'm thinking about picking up the CE for ps3. I'll hang on to it. I'll consider returning it if money is tight or there's a cheaper CE or whatever.
Posted Image

#59 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Aliens franchise, but I'm still sketchy about this game. With so many BB reward zone coupons, I will roll the dice on a pre-order.

#60 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Was totally gonna order this, but apparently there isn't a PC Collector's Edition.

Oh well, good job getting me to wait for a Steam sale price.
Posted Image