Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1252 replies to this topic

#511 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'll be picking up Naruto Ninja Storm 3 this week! Wheee!!

Naruto is tempting since i think only the 1st run copies have the gokou skin dlc but naruto games go down price to the $20-30 price range after a couple of months right? Grrrr... Decisions

#512 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Naruto is tempting since i think only the 1st run copies have the gokou skin dlc but naruto games go down price to the $20-30 price range after a couple of months right? Grrrr... Decisions

same here, I am a fan of the naruto series, but knowing it will be $20-30. I will be holding off

#513 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

All pro reviewers are paid off to give good scores. There's no "I think." It's fact.

:lol:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#514 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

All pro reviewers are paid off to give good scores. There's no "I think." It's fact.

No, you're wrong. FFVIII is the best game ever.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#515 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Can you use reward zone certificates with these coupons?

#516 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Thanks OP, bought GOW: Ascension today for $40. Put 3 - 4 hours into it so far and I'm loving it. And I thought GOW3 looked good. O_O
[URL="http://pfpowder.com"][/URL]

#517 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Can you use reward zone certificates with these coupons?

Yeah. Just think of the RZ certificates as gift certificates that are independent of any coupon that BB offers; just like regular gift certificates for other stores.

#518 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Sucks to find out you can't price match and use the coupon...has anyone got it to work? I was gonna get Ni No Kuni, but not if I can't get it for $25.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#519 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

You'll have to be very lucky. To get price match and the coupon you'll need an override.

Hopefully Best Buy catches up with everyone else and drops it to $40 as well sometime soon.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#520 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

You'll have to be very lucky. To get price match and the coupon you'll need an override.

Hopefully Best Buy catches up with everyone else and drops it to $40 as well sometime soon.

why don't u just get it for $45 to support the developers, lol

#521 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I don't think it works like that.

Either way, hoping my magazine comes soon, some good coups if the right prices happen.

#522 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Is the naruto game any good? I feel like it won't drop in price for a while too.

#523 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't think it works like that.

Either way, hoping my magazine comes soon, some good coups if the right prices happen.

Your absolutely correct that price doesn't support devs.

Retailers pay up front for all copies they have.

xivpads.png

#524 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

I was able to get a price match in store for God of War: Ascension to knock it down to $40. At first the clerk was intending to ring up the transaction as a return/rebuy so that the actual GCU discount could be utilized, but his manager just told him to do it as a pricematch instead. I wasn't sweating it as I already received my $20 RZ certificate from preordering the game earlier in the month.

It's too bad that BB policies are changing, as I will miss having the opportunity to price match over the 60 day period once the Silver extension of the policy runs out, but I totally understand its a good business decision for them as well....
Posted Image

#525 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

you say ”we” as if you speak for everyone lol. i got it at launch and the single player AND multiplayer are fantastic ! it is never hard to find a match online period. why do people look to ”professional” reviewers as the end all be all is beyond me. everyone knows they get payed off lmao

I say "we" as in my wife and myself.

Reviews of the game across the board have said its a disapointment after the last game. If I wanted a multiplayer beat em up, I'd buy one. The god of war franchise has been a single player experience up till now, and thats what we wanted from it. Single player storyline games simply do not need a tacked on multiplayer option. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Uncharterd 3, and Tomb Raider.) Instead, we'd MUCH rather have seen a longer or more feature rich single player expereince.

(And yes, "we" is my wife and myself.)

If there was local storyline co op, that would have been attractive to us, but I can't even recall the last time either of us bothered with any online multiplayer.

(And we used to be in a Unreal Tournament clan for years.)

#526 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

But they also get money back from devs if it doesn't sell well and they have to put it on sale. I when retail buys items its not a final sale per say. Best I could liken it to is a PM.

Margins on games cap at only a little over 12%. That is rarely also.

#527 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

But they also get money back from devs if it doesn't sell well and they have to put it on sale. I when retail buys items its not a final sale per say. Best I could liken it to is a PM.

Margins on games cap at only a little over 12%. That is rarely also.

You mean publisher, not dev. Dev gets paid before the game's even made (to pay for the cost of the devs working on the game, so they can pay their rent for those 1 - 3 years of development).

Retailers pay the publishers for the game. When retailers replenish Distribution Center inventory from the Publisher warehouses, that's when new prices can be negotiated (if the game sells out shortly after it releases, then they still pay full price to the publisher, and if it takes forever, then they re-negotiate a cheaper price to offer it for less to the consumers).

Retailers still only make <$1 - ~$5 per game they sell anyway (non CE/LE).
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#528 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

I say "we" as in my wife and myself.

Reviews of the game across the board have said its a disapointment after the last game. If I wanted a multiplayer beat em up, I'd buy one. The god of war franchise has been a single player experience up till now, and thats what we wanted from it. Single player storyline games simply do not need a tacked on multiplayer option. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Uncharterd 3, and Tomb Raider.) Instead, we'd MUCH rather have seen a longer or more feature rich single player expereince.

(And yes, "we" is my wife and myself.)

If there was local storyline co op, that would have been attractive to us, but I can't even recall the last time either of us bothered with any online multiplayer.

(And we used to be in a Unreal Tournament clan for years.)

So you have a full Single player campaign in Ascension! Some people actually enjoy online multiplayer, as it adds replay value. I shelved God of War 3 right after beating it, but I might've kept playing if it had a multiplayer component.

And say what you will about reviews, it's a great game.

#529 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

The single player was far and away the weakest entry in the series. It just didn't have the same epic feeling as all the other ones and the story was lacking. Then you have the plethora of audio glitches with the audio either not coming in at all or a good second behind what happened on the screen in numerous places throughout the game.

While the online aspect is a nice little time killer, I would be shocked if anyone played it for more than a few hours.

It's still a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely the worst in the series. It's not just professional reviewers, either. Virtually everyone I've talked to about it was immensely disappointed by it, myself included.

I think the MP is great. It's at a disadvantage in that this series built it's reputation on epic SP campaign mode to the casual GoW fan.

MP is just a different offering than SP that's for sure. While campaign is still hack and slash at it's core, MP is a lot more varied for folks that want more than that. You're forced to learn how to parry and use your special abilities/magic if you want to survive at this game. Their "Team Favor" mode is well designed. You still have objective based MP (capturing altars, chests, map specific items) while still including traps to help balance out the MP fights. I've had a lot of fun going one on one against other GoW players. The brutal kill is a perfect finish to an epic 1 vs. 1 battle and I've had some of my most challenging GoW moments to date via online play while still feeling that rewarding feeling. The health nodes/power weapons spawn too much for my liking and the magic is OP but it's a mode that grows on to you the more you play it actually.

#530 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

This ain't the MRSPgaming.com!
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#531 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

No, it's letstryandcheatthesystem.com ymmv

#532 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Damn, so no sales at Best Buy on GoW:A or Ni No Kuni? Today's amazon gold box will probably be the last chance to attempt a PM + coupon for GoW:A...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#533 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

So no deal on Ni No Kuni?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#534 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Define "support." It's true that most devs no longer get points on the back end, although some, like the Sony-incubated company that my friend runs, do get incentives based on sales milestones built into their contracts.

But the biggest and most obvious way that higher-priced sales support devs is that, generally speaking, the more money the game brings in for the publisher, the more likely it is that the developer gets to make another game. And if a game is particularly successful the devs may be able to negotiate a better deal for themselves on their next project.

#535 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

New ones up.

Save $20 on ZombiU

Save $15 on MLB 2k13

Save $10 on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#536 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

New ones up.

Save $20 on ZombiU

Save $15 on MLB 2k13

Save $10 on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Steaming pile :-(

#537 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm hoping for a sale on MLB 2K13 while this coupon is active. I heard the game wasn't great, but I have some credit and I'm willing to decide myself for $25 or so!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#538 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm hoping for a sale on MLB 2K13 while this coupon is active. I heard the game wasn't great, but I have some credit and I'm willing to decide myself for $25 or so!

Please do not waste your money and instead invest into a copy of The Show 13. It is better than the Mlb 2k series in every single aspect.

Mlb 2k13 Metacritic - 48 www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mlb-2k13

Mlb 13: The Show Metacritic - 88 http://www.metacriti...mlb-13-the-show

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#539 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

^Perhaps he only has a 360 as 2K is the only baseball option there.

I might be interested if it hits under $20

#540 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

^Perhaps he only has a 360 as 2K is the only baseball option there.

I might be interested if it hits under $20

Based on the fact that they have trophies for some PS3 games on their gamer card I highly doubt that is true.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List