Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1252 replies to this topic

#631 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

I apologize as this has probably been answered already, but has anyone tried getting a guide PM and seeing if it will still apply the 50% off as well?

Thanks for anyone who answers.

Obviously, YMMV.

After she was done, and I told her it really wasn't a big deal at all, she came around the counter and gave me a big hug thanking me for my patience.

This made me think of the wink and shh legend. :lol:

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#632 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I apologize as this has probably been answered already, but has anyone tried getting a guide PM and seeing if it will still apply the 50% off as well?

Thanks for anyone who answers.

I was able to PM amazon and get 50% off TLOU CE guide, and but that was before the full terms were posted saying markdowns taken from normal price and cannot be used with other offers.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#633 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

Semi-off topic, but...

I had the chance to play Halo 4 with the guy who wrote the guide last night and he was asking me how the community enjoyed the guide because they were trying something different with that guide in terms of really trying to make it premium and stand out. I told him that everyone I saw who commented on it really enjoyed the build quality and the detail on the cover, but I couldn't comment on the content.

So if anyone out there has looked the guide over or even used the guide, can you perhaps comment on the actual content within it?

Whoa,
Are you talking about Alexander Musa or David Hodgson?
If its David Hodgson, he is the best in the business. He's done the outstanding Skyrim and Fallout guides, among the many many others.

The guide is very good though. Especially the intel sections. I'll be honest, both my son and I wished there had been a little more about the different Spartan armors. Also, maybe something regarding the more difficult acheievements. Both the Reach and CEA guides did short strategies for the more involved achievements in those games.
The Campaign walkthrough was well done, and it was nice to have the Legendary tips, as in past guides.
Halo games are not typically games that strategy guides are needed really, but it was great to read someone elses strategy for the campaign. I don't play multiplayer very often, but I did find myself checking out the War Games section a few times, and found the breakdown of the maps EXTREMELY helpful.

BTW, having both the Hardcover and paperback, I was very happy to see that there was actually something extra in the hardcover, rather than just the cover. The Behind the Scenes section was outstanding, and well worth the extra cost.

#634 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Grabbed the ACIII CE guide, thinking of getting the Ni No Kuni one.

#635 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Whoa,
Are you talking about Alexander Musa or David Hodgson?
If its David Hodgson, he is the best in the business. He's done the outstanding Skyrim and Fallout guides, among the many many others.

The guide is very good though. Especially the intel sections. I'll be honest, both my son and I wished there had been a little more about the different Spartan armors. Also, maybe something regarding the more difficult acheievements. Both the Reach and CEA guides did short strategies for the more involved achievements in those games.
The Campaign walkthrough was well done, and it was nice to have the Legendary tips, as in past guides.
Halo games are not typically games that strategy guides are needed really, but it was great to read someone elses strategy for the campaign. I don't play multiplayer very often, but I did find myself checking out the War Games section a few times, and found the breakdown of the maps EXTREMELY helpful.

BTW, having both the Hardcover and paperback, I was very happy to see that there was actually something extra in the hardcover, rather than just the cover. The Behind the Scenes section was outstanding, and well worth the extra cost.

Thanks for replying, Alexander Musa is the person I am referring to. I will relay that to him the next time I talk, I am sure he'll appreciate the feedback. I do know he had little to no hand in the online portion, that was handled by people at MLG, not sure if staff or gamers, but he admits multiplayer is not his strong suit so they went to the professionals at MLG for help with that.

Prima got me in touch with him when I requested I get some assistance in writing a walkthrough for Metro Last Light for them, which I am currently in the process of doing. Not a print guide mind you, just something for their website, but it's a start.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#636 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for replying, Alexander Musa is the person I am referring to.

Well, let him know he did a fine job. I typically prefer Brady guides, unless it's by Hodgson, but I very much liked this one.

Enough so that I own 4 copies. 2 Hardcovers & 2 paperbacks.

#637 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

AC3: CE Guide is back in stock for shipping.

Thank you for posting. Shocked to see it isn't oos yet. Grabbed one for $3.75 after tax. Guess it'll come in handy to use when I eventually get around to playing that free downloaded copy.

#638 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just got my guides. The Assassin's Creed 3: CE Guide corners are pretty bent up. And my Bioshock Infinite LE guide is in even worst shape. The corners aren't bent up quite as bad as the AC3 guide, but somehow there are 3 big dents in the back of the guide. Which I'm not really sure how that could happened since the packaging that's attached to the back, that contains the keychain, was in perfect shape.

Is there anyway I might be able to go to a Best Buy and exchange it for another one?
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#639 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Just got my guides. The Assassin's Creed 3: CE Guide corners are pretty bent up. And my Bioshock Infinite LE guide is in even worst shape. The corners aren't bent up quite as bad as the AC3 guide, but somehow there are 3 big dents in the back of the guide. Which I'm not really sure how that could happened since the packaging that's attached to the back, that contains the keychain, was in perfect shape.

Is there anyway I might be able to go to a Best Buy and exchange it for another one?

As long as you go to a BB that has one, yep 100% you can exchange it.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#640 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

As long as you go to a BB that has one, yep 100% you can exchange it.

Alright, Thanks.

Hopefully everybody else's come in better shape than mine.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

#641 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Alright, Thanks.

Hopefully everybody else's come in better shape than mine.

The guide for Infinite is one of the better ones in recent day's IMO, they kept the outside classy and it reminded me a lot of the Dues Ex:HR CE Guide in that opinion, VERY good choice, sad to hear the problem's with the dent's.

But to anyone who has opened their AC 3 CE guide, how's the lithograph look? I'm thinking of ordering a second one, so that I can keep one sealed, but still enjoy the litho.
Edit, found a very old post on a different thread here with pictures of the Lithograph, definitely worth ordering just for it alone. (For anyone interested http://www.cheapassg...40#post10100440 )

#642 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

The guide for Infinite is one of the better ones in recent day's IMO, they kept the outside classy and it reminded me a lot of the Dues Ex:HR CE Guide in that opinion, VERY good choice, sad to hear the problem's with the dent's.

But to anyone who has opened their AC 3 CE guide, how's the lithograph look? I'm thinking of ordering a second one, so that I can keep one sealed, but still enjoy the litho.
Edit, found a very old post on a different thread here with pictures of the Lithograph, definitely worth ordering just for it alone. (For anyone interested http://www.cheapassg...40#post10100440 )

I agree, The Bioshock Infinite guide is beautiful, Best looking guide I own (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge Bioshock fan) ;)

And yeah, the AC3 lithograph is pretty nice. Much better looking than what I though it would be.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

#643 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

I found a Metal Gear Solid LE guide at my Best Buy, but it wouldn't ring up. Did that one get pennied? It's not on their website either.

#644 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

I found a Metal Gear Solid LE guide at my Best Buy, but it wouldn't ring up. Did that one get pennied? It's not on their website either.

Do you mean Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's LE guide? You're right--it's not listed on their site. I don't recall it pennying...then again, guides don't penny at BBY anymore. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#645 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

SKU got deleted so you can't buy it unfortunately.

#646 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

SKU got deleted so you can't buy it unfortunately.

I must have lucked out then. The guy helping me rang it up as the regular edition guide.

Are people having success using the coupon on multiple guides?

#647 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Saw some Hitman Professional Edition and Final Fantasy XIII Collectors Edition guide at my Best Buy but they both rang up as not for sale

#648 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Got hitman, ac3, Cod guides in the mail today. All in perfect condition
Posted Image

#649 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Are people having success using the coupon on multiple guides?

Online, try using a different web browser. That worked for me.

In stores, Just purchase them separately.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

#650 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Just got back from Best Buy and the exchange was a success! The guy was super cool about it. Unfortunately though, he was also a huge Bioshock fan and wanted to discuss the entire game with me. After about a 5 minute Bioshock conversation I was able to break free and get my bent/dent free guides and myself outta there. :D
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

#651 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

The Bioshock hardcover guide up for shipping again?

#652 enigma

enigma

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

The Bioshock hardcover guide up for shipping again?

Yes. Although I'm not sure why you're able to use the internet to post that inquiry here but not use it to just pull up Best Buy's website and look...

#653 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Best Buy really needs to put the new Skyrim guide up for preorder.

#654 enigma

enigma

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Best Buy really needs to put the new Skyrim guide up for preorder.

+1

I keep checking the site, but nothing. If there were ever a game that a strategy guide would be a useful tool for, Skyrim is it.

#655 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Add me to that Skyrim list, would love to preorder that 50%off.

#656 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Just got back from Best Buy and the exchange was a success! The guy was super cool about it. Unfortunately though, he was also a huge Bioshock fan and wanted to discuss the entire game with me. After about a 5 minute Bioshock conversation I was able to break free and get my bent/dent free guides and myself outta there. :D

"bent/dent free guides"
"bent/dent-free guides"

One little hyphen. Big difference. I'm guessing you meant the latter.

#657 enigma

enigma

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

"bent/dent free guides"
"bent/dent-free guides"

One little hyphen. Big difference. I'm guessing you meant the latter.

:applause:

#658 Sleipnir

Sleipnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Online, try using a different web browser. That worked for me.

In stores, Just purchase them separately.

Just press Ctrl+Shift+Del and clear you cache and cookies, you'll have to relog, but the discount will be up again

#659 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

I was able to pick up the Bioshock Infinite LE guide for $8 and change because I had $10 in reward zone points. Couldn't beat that.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#660 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

I decided to check out the BioShock: Infinite guide tonight after reading some positive posts here. I was surprised to see how thin it is relative to other CEs (AC III, Halo 4, Hitman). After reading the back, my impression is that the CE treatment of the guide itself is limited to the hardcover - the content sounds identical to the non-CE guide. The CE comes with a key and something else (card for downloads?).

Just a heads-up to others like me that buy CEs partly because they look nicer/more durable but mostly for exclusive guide-related content: it appears there is none here.