Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1252 replies to this topic

#871 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Man, too bad the $20 off Grid 2 wasn't active a few days ago when Newegg was selling it for $20.

Wouldnt matter really as they are very unlikely to PM and let you use a coupon.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#872 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Best Buy needs to liquidate already and get this crap over with...  32GB vita memory for MSRP after a subscription-only coupon.  Fucking bastards.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#873 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Best Buy needs to liquidate already and get this crap over with...  32GB vita memory for MSRP after a subscription-only coupon.  Fucking bastards.

To be fair, anyone can get these coupons for free.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#874 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Best Buy needs to liquidate already and get this crap over with... 32GB vita memory for MSRP after a subscription-only coupon. Fucking bastards.

do you have any idea what would happen if bestbuy went under ? think about that for a sec
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#875 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

do you have any idea what would happen if bestbuy went under ? think about that for a sec

Probably about the same as when CC collapsed; other retailers would soak up the business.  This time it would probably be someone like Amazon or Walmart that benefited most since they're BBY's most direct competitors like BBY was CC's.  BBY was teetering on the edge of collapse for around a year, and still aren't doing that great but better, so I'm sure that the other major retailers have had plans in place they can act quickly upon if that comes to pass.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#876 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Probably about the same as when CC collapsed; other retailers would soak up the business. This time it would probably be someone like Amazon or Walmart that benefited most since they're BBY's most direct competitors like BBY was CC's. BBY was teetering on the edge of collapse for around a year, and still aren't doing that great but better, so I'm sure that the other major retailers have had plans in place they can act quickly upon if that comes to pass.

Wal-Mart would benefit but they wouldn't pass that onto us. Best Buy is the only brick and mortar that actually has really good video game deals.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#877 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

it's not a coupon you print. it's an offer you claim. that's all you need to do. the bar code on your "coupon" is simply your rz account number. if you claimed the offer it will ring up the sale price automatically in store

I checked the site and it clearly gives a link for a coupon to print if you wish to use in-store. I'm not sure if it's NEEDED, but it says what it says.

#878 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Probably about the same as when CC collapsed; other retailers would soak up the business. This time it would probably be someone like Amazon or Walmart that benefited most since they're BBY's most direct competitors like BBY was CC's. BBY was teetering on the edge of collapse for around a year, and still aren't doing that great but better, so I'm sure that the other major retailers have had plans in place they can act quickly upon if that comes to pass.

the thing that worries me is that if bestbuy goes under then the other retailers wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition. bestbuy has been the best retailer when it comes to gaming the last 2+ years imo and i dont want to loose them :(
Currently playing

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:

#879 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Unbelievable. How is Best Buy still charging $99.99 for Vita 32gb memory cards? Is that even legal? Once the price drops, aren't retailers required to abide by the set MSRP?

#880 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

the thing that worries me is that if bestbuy goes under then the other retailers wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition. bestbuy has been the best retailer when it comes to gaming the last 2+ years imo and i dont want to loose them :(

Oh that's definitely true.  Target and TRU step up from time to time but when CC went under that really hurt stuff for a while.

Unbelievable. How is Best Buy still charging $99.99 for Vita 32gb memory cards? Is that even legal? Once the price drops, aren't retailers required to abide by the set MSRP?

No, they can sell stuff for whatever they want.  An MSRP is just what the manufacturer suggests an item should be sold for.  Cars, groceries and all kinds of other stuff is constantly sold and advertised over MSRP.  Most companies don't do that though on luxury products and work with the manufacturer to set an inflated MSRP so it seems like we're getting a better deal.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#881 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

ive noticed that they have had a couple of 10$ off cod mw3 coupons (new and used) over the last few months. they should try a diff game instead
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#882 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Best Buy deals have really been lacking the last few months though. All stores have been though.

Deader2818.png

#883 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Best Buy deals have really been lacking the last few months though. All stores have been though.

things will pick up starting next month. black friday and next gen are comming and retailers want to clear space for the new consoles, have faith my friend !
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#884 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Would we be able to price match this with the vita memory card ? I'm pretty sure it's a no . But I remember how it used to be is the gcu coupon would activate after they scanned your rz card .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#885 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'll have to wait and see how it turns out tomorrow, but I called the Elite Plus Customer Service number to give my feedback that it's bunk to give a coupon for $20 off the vita card, when the final price after coupon is still more than Newegg's 68.99.  Was told that if I was prepared to order that they would price match the 68.99 and still honor the $20 off coupon.  She got the order all in at 68.99, told me to print out the coupon, and to take it into the store tomorrow to have them adjust it during pick up. 

Not sure how well it'll work, but considering she told me it'd be fine, and worse case scenario I just don't pick it up and have the amount credited back to my RZ/MyBestBuy/WhateverTheyCallitNow card, I figured it's worth keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted Image

#886 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

things will pick up starting next month. black friday and next gen are comming and retailers want to clear space for the new consoles, have faith my friend !

local best buy here already has cleared space. completely rearranged everything, shrunk spaces, and put all the extra games 50% off, so i would say other best buy's will do the same soon. wii u and wii get only 4 feet each for new and used games (mixed in with new) and another 4 feet for accessories. the rest of that half aisle is 3ds and ds games, i think 4 feet for ds and 8 feet for 3ds. across this aisle is an entire side of sklyanders and disney infinity.

the sony section has 8 feet for new games, 4 for used, then 8 feet of accessories before you get to the 4 feet for vita. across from ps3 is 360, with the same amount of space, but i dont remember what was at the last 4 foot.

the next aisle is 8 foot of empty xbox one boxes, preorder cards and generally nothing. the rest of that aisle is pc gaming accessories, across from that is 8 feet or so of guides, and then a bunch of those peg hooks with general gaming cards followed by a 4 foot section of pc games.

that is the entire gaming section, accessory heavy, very little space for new games especially when the AAA games take up 3 or 4 spots by themselves. i did forget about the far aisle facing the tv wall, it is almost empty, literally just some overflow and things too big to fit in the new sections, headsets and accessories and about 10 ps2 games.

#887 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Of ALL stores, Best Buy should know better than to be tacky with that above MSRP comicalness. That's some Sears.com ish right there.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#888 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Depends on what system(s) you're looking for.  Wii U owners had great sales at Best Buy last week - Mass Effect 3 for $12, ZombiU, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed III for $20 each, etc.  Target had buy 2 get 1 free on Wii U last week.

\\:D/

#889 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

When you guys say that BBY doesn't allow price match and coupon do you guys mean that the computer won't allow it or do you mean employees don't allow you to do it? Because I know a lot of the employees at my store now and they're super friendly. I was able to price match NCAA down to $39.99 and use the B2G1 coupon on them.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#890 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

When you guys say that BBY doesn't allow price match and coupon do you guys mean that the computer won't allow it or do you mean employees don't allow you to do it? Because I know a lot of the employees at my store now and they're super friendly. I was able to price match NCAA down to $39.99 and use the B2G1 coupon on them.

if you do a price match + coupon, when the coupon is scanned the PM'd price reverts back to the original price automatically.  Only way around it is manager override.

#891 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I can live with GRID 2 for $20..I played a little of it inside a Fry's once and it was pretty sick. But damn, still have a few racers I need to finish..

Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#892 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

In for GRID 2. And :lol: at the 32mb Vita memory card price. I bought one from Gamestop a few weeks ago for $65 and was like, man, could have gotten it for $60 from BB had I waited a little, then, well you know.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#893 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

When I go to print the coupon for in store use for Payday 2 it says "Save $20 on Payday 2" then lists the SKU's 9386058 and

9579071  which are showing to be $39.99 before I had them to the cart but it only lowers it to $29.99 once in the shopping cart. Is Payday 2 worth $19.99? I recommend you print the offer before you head to Best Buy because last time the POS wouldn't take off the coupon until I printed it at the register and I had already claimed the offer.  

#894 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

When I go to print the coupon for in store use for Payday 2 it says "Save $20 on Payday 2" then lists the SKU's 9386058 and

9579071  which are showing to be $39.99 before I had them to the cart but it only lowers it to $29.99 once in the shopping cart. Is Payday 2 worth $19.99? I recommend you print the offer before you head to Best Buy because last time the POS wouldn't take off the coupon until I printed it at the register and I had already claimed the offer.  

wow, yeah, its suppose to just be $10 off, wonder if it will scan $20 off or if you have to complain to get the extra $10

#895 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

wow, yeah, its suppose to just be $10 off, wonder if it will scan $20 off or if you have to complain to get the extra $10

You probably can. Most managers will allow it because they'll think it's an "error" on their end and will honor it.

Posted Image

#896 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

best buy still hasn't cut the price of the vita memory cards, is it possible to price match amazons price for the 32gb and also use the $20 off coupon? Amazon currently has it for $72.68, would be $52.68 with coupon and then I have a $20 reward certificate making it $32.68 if it would all work together.

#897 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

best buy still hasn't cut the price of the vita memory cards, is it possible to price match amazons price for the 32gb and also use the $20 off coupon? Amazon currently has it for $72.68, would be $52.58 with coupon and then I have a $20 reward certificate making it $32.58 if it would all work together.

In theory, but extreme YMMV. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#898 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

best buy still hasn't cut the price of the vita memory cards, is it possible to price match amazons price for the 32gb and also use the $20 off coupon? Amazon currently has it for $72.68, would be $52.68 with coupon and then I have a $20 reward certificate making it $32.68 if it would all work together.

That'll require manager override, which you're unlikely to get as that final price is under their cost. Managers sometimes approve double dips when the store is still coming out ok, but for a loss? Not often.

#899 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

all this coupon does then is bring the vita card to what sony dropped the msrp to then.

#900 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

all this coupon does then is bring the vita card to what sony dropped the msrp to then.

And you're surprised because? 

They pulled the same exact crap with God of War Ascension, Ni no Kuni (I believe) and a few others. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.