- - - - -

Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360 / PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy FS

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 lumiplaty

lumiplaty

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360 / PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy, Free Shipping

I didn't see this as part of the ad or another thread, but just got the price alert for it. Cheapest I've seen. I assume its also in store but there's free shipping or store pickup anyway.

Resident Evil 6 (PS3) - $29.99

Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360) - $29.99

#2 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Got mine last month for $40, price matched a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $20 at TRU. Sadly still have not opened it with my back log.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#3 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I PM'ed this to Amazon for 40 on BF weekend...a few days later BB GU had a 20 dollar off coupon to knock it down to 20...somehow the CSR screwed up and I lost 10 dollars on my gc that I used to pay for the game. Called RZ and explained the situation and they agreed the CSR screwed up so they dropped 10 to my RZ account.

#4 dednkicking

dednkicking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

worth it?

#5 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

is this a temp price drop?

#6 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wasn't it like $20 at TRU a few weeks ago? Regardless, I'll just wait for the inevitable "gold" edition.

#7 CarbonXe

CarbonXe

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

It was only $20 at the Microsoft store back on Black Friday. I picked it up and regretted it, wasn't even worth my $20, ended up trading it in to Gamestop for profit. The profit still didn't make up for how bad the game was.

#8 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

It was $29.99 last week.

#9 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

At this point is probably just worth waiting out for the complete version they will inevitably release. Its Capcom.

#10 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

worth it?

I say no, but it's interesting if you like savoring all the different flavors of games. It's a bad game but the sort of game where the weak core has been polished to a ridiculous sheen. It's a bit like CoD but CoD has a stronger, less complicated core. RE6 is new ideas implemented poorly. It FEELS rushed but absolutely none of the spectacle and polish suffers in the way that you would expect from a rushed game.

Boil it all away, it's a lousy game though. There's enough to chew on here that I think anyone with an interest in games might want to give it a shot to see what all is good about it and how everything else went horribly wrong and to enjoy a splash of Mercenaries now and then but I don't recommend it for actual play.

Also

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#11 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I say no, but it's interesting if you like savoring all the different flavors of games. It's a bad game but the sort of game where the weak core has been polished to a ridiculous sheen. It's a bit like CoD but CoD has a stronger, less complicated core. RE6 is new ideas implemented poorly. It FEELS rushed but absolutely none of the spectacle and polish suffers in the way that you would expect from a rushed game.

Boil it all away, it's a lousy game though. There's enough to chew on here that I think anyone with an interest in games might want to give it a shot to see what all is good about it and how everything else went horribly wrong and to enjoy a splash of Mercenaries now and then but I don't recommend it for actual play.

Also

are there any game breaking glitches/ freezes, like bethasdas skyrim/ fallout ,lol

#12 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

As someone who has played and beaten RE1-5. Does RE6 finally give the overall story a conclusion or does it leave it open for something else?
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#13 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm still holding out for $19.99

#14 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

i'd recommend waiting for the inevitable $20 price drop. This game is best played with someone else, if you go thru it alone then it is kinda boring and frustrating since ur dealing with an ai partner that is practically glued to ur back

i played a little bit of split screen with my brother and we found ourselves having to use ammo sparingly and it definitely got intense when we were split up and had to find each other in a zombie infested cemetery.

#15 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Also

awesome video

#16 dednkicking

dednkicking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Also

Okay thanks for the heads up.

#17 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Also

So now I've wasted the last hour watching this guy's videos.

#18 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

are there any game breaking glitches/ freezes, like bethasdas skyrim/ fallout ,lol

None that I've come across and I've put 70ish hours into the game.

I think it's a great game personally. Won't go into a debate about it with anyone, but it was well worth $60 to me.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#19 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I must be the 1% that really enjoys the game, just finished the Leon campaign in split screen co-op.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#20 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Picked up doom 3 BFG last night, debating on taking that back and swapping

#21 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Game is worth it. A.I wasnt a problem for me and you can always play online anyways(which is better than split screen imo) It's not a super amazing game but to me its good.

#22 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Picked it up during the toysrus sale. I have played all the RE's and this one is a chore to play. Even 5 was better which is saying a lot. The only reason I try to play it is because of the story. I want to see what happens. I actually enjoyed ORC more than I'm enjoying this one. And that also is saying a lot.

#23 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Waiting for this the 360 version to hit $20 before I buy it so my wife can play through. At this rate, it'll be next week. May even wait for $10...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#24 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I might pick it up for some spit screen co-op.
Do people mind a gold edition being released? It sounds like people are complaining. I love gold editions, I will never buy DLC personally just because that is how I am. I also like that gold editions make the price drop on the original game incase I am feeling extra cheap.

#25 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Amazon just price matched this, by the way

#26 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

As someone who has played and beaten RE1-5. Does RE6 finally give the overall story a conclusion or does it leave it open for something else?

Absolutely not. Hell, by now, you should expect that RE plots are more character wankfests than anything real. Remember, Wesker was betraying everyone and laughing at Saddler's plan to make an evil supervirus... only to in RE5 make his own evil supervirus and just prattle on about how it would change the world.

RE6 involves Leon, Chris, Sherry, Ada, and Wesker's son but the story is completely standalone otherwise, with no series-wide conclusion or payoff at all. (Though as a standalone game it has two villains and some big finales, even though Chris's character arc just seems like it ignored the whole "YOU LOST YOUR PARTNER" drama of RE5 to redo it here.)

Also, I didn't run into any big bugs. Like I said, polished HUGELY.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#27 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Played the demo and loved the pace/ action of the game. Waiting for GOTY version
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#28 PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Got mine last week for $10 with dMc. That seemed like a much better deal, even if I was losing out on the free DLC from Gamestop.

#29 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Want to play this, but don't want to buy the vanilla version only to have a "complete" version come out 4 months later, making me feel stuck with an obsolete version. I think I can wait.

#30 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Want to play this, but don't want to buy the vanilla version only to have a "complete" version come out 4 months later, making me feel stuck with an obsolete version. I think I can wait.

Not like if they do release a GOTY version it's going to be less than $50-$60.

Besides, doesn't seem like there's enough DLC out anyway to warrant a GOTY version.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!