Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360 / PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy FS

Got mine last month for $40, price matched a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $20 at TRU. Sadly still have not opened it with my back log.

I PM'ed this to Amazon for 40 on BF weekend...a few days later BB GU had a 20 dollar off coupon to knock it down to 20...somehow the CSR screwed up and I lost 10 dollars on my gc that I used to pay for the game. Called RZ and explained the situation and they agreed the CSR screwed up so they dropped 10 to my RZ account.

It was only $20 at the Microsoft store back on Black Friday. I picked it up and regretted it, wasn't even worth my $20, ended up trading it in to Gamestop for profit. The profit still didn't make up for how bad the game was.

[quote name='dednkicking']worth it?[/QUOTE]
I say no, but it's interesting if you like savoring all the different flavors of games. It's a bad game but the sort of game where the weak core has been polished to a ridiculous sheen. It's a bit like CoD but CoD has a stronger, less complicated core. RE6 is new ideas implemented poorly. It FEELS rushed but absolutely none of the spectacle and polish suffers in the way that you would expect from a rushed game.

Boil it all away, it's a lousy game though. There's enough to chew on here that I think anyone with an interest in games might want to give it a shot to see what all is good about it and how everything else went horribly wrong and to enjoy a splash of Mercenaries now and then but I don't recommend it for actual play.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w

[quote name='RollingSkull']I say no, but it's interesting if you like savoring all the different flavors of games. It's a bad game but the sort of game where the weak core has been polished to a ridiculous sheen. It's a bit like CoD but CoD has a stronger, less complicated core. RE6 is new ideas implemented poorly. It FEELS rushed but absolutely none of the spectacle and polish suffers in the way that you would expect from a rushed game.

Boil it all away, it's a lousy game though. There's enough to chew on here that I think anyone with an interest in games might want to give it a shot to see what all is good about it and how everything else went horribly wrong and to enjoy a splash of Mercenaries now and then but I don't recommend it for actual play.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w[/QUOTE]
are there any game breaking glitches/ freezes, like bethasdas skyrim/ fallout ,lol

As someone who has played and beaten RE1-5. Does RE6 finally give the overall story a conclusion or does it leave it open for something else?

i'd recommend waiting for the inevitable $20 price drop. This game is best played with someone else, if you go thru it alone then it is kinda boring and frustrating since ur dealing with an ai partner that is practically glued to ur back

i played a little bit of split screen with my brother and we found ourselves having to use ammo sparingly and it definitely got intense when we were split up and had to find each other in a zombie infested cemetery.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I say no, but it's interesting if you like savoring all the different flavors of games. It's a bad game but the sort of game where the weak core has been polished to a ridiculous sheen. It's a bit like CoD but CoD has a stronger, less complicated core. RE6 is new ideas implemented poorly. It FEELS rushed but absolutely none of the spectacle and polish suffers in the way that you would expect from a rushed game.

Also

awesome video

Also

Okay thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='YBX87']are there any game breaking glitches/ freezes, like bethasdas skyrim/ fallout ,lol[/QUOTE]

None that I've come across and I've put 70ish hours into the game.

I think it's a great game personally. Won't go into a debate about it with anyone, but it was well worth $60 to me.

Game is worth it. A.I wasnt a problem for me and you can always play online anyways(which is better than split screen imo) It's not a super amazing game but to me its good.

Picked it up during the toysrus sale. I have played all the RE's and this one is a chore to play. Even 5 was better which is saying a lot. The only reason I try to play it is because of the story. I want to see what happens. I actually enjoyed ORC more than I'm enjoying this one. And that also is saying a lot.

Waiting for this the 360 version to hit $20 before I buy it so my wife can play through. At this rate, it'll be next week. May even wait for $10...

I might pick it up for some spit screen co-op.
Do people mind a gold edition being released? It sounds like people are complaining. I love gold editions, I will never buy DLC personally just because that is how I am. I also like that gold editions make the price drop on the original game incase I am feeling extra cheap.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']As someone who has played and beaten RE1-5. Does RE6 finally give the overall story a conclusion or does it leave it open for something else?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely not. Hell, by now, you should expect that RE plots are more character wankfests than anything real. Remember, Wesker was betraying everyone and laughing at Saddler's plan to make an evil supervirus... only to in RE5 make his own evil supervirus and just prattle on about how it would change the world.

RE6 involves Leon, Chris, Sherry, Ada, and Wesker's son but the story is completely standalone otherwise, with no series-wide conclusion or payoff at all. (Though as a standalone game it has two villains and some big finales, even though Chris's character arc just seems like it ignored the whole "YOU LOST YOUR PARTNER" drama of RE5 to redo it here.)

Also, I didn't run into any big bugs. Like I said, polished HUGELY.

Got mine last week for $10 with dMc. That seemed like a much better deal, even if I was losing out on the free DLC from Gamestop.

Want to play this, but don't want to buy the vanilla version only to have a "complete" version come out 4 months later, making me feel stuck with an obsolete version. I think I can wait.

[quote name='JoshTX']Want to play this, but don't want to buy the vanilla version only to have a "complete" version come out 4 months later, making me feel stuck with an obsolete version. I think I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Not like if they do release a GOTY version it's going to be less than $50-$60.

Besides, doesn't seem like there's enough DLC out anyway to warrant a GOTY version.

[quote name='whoknows']Not like if they do release a GOTY version it's going to be less than $50-$60.

Besides, doesn't seem like there's enough DLC out anyway to warrant a GOTY version.[/QUOTE]

But are they done with DLC? There won't be any full mission additions like RE5?

Off topic: is that Godzilla in your avatar? I'm on mobile and it's small, but it looks like a photo of Godzilla from the late Showa era, the suit used in the Mechagodzilla or Megalon film.

[quote name='JoshTX']But are they done with DLC? There won't be any full mission additions like RE5?

Off topic: is that Godzilla in your avatar? I'm on mobile and it's small, but it looks like a photo of Godzilla from the late Showa era, the suit used in the Mechagodzilla or Megalon film.[/QUOTE]

They haven't announced anything...so far anyway. Currently there's just some mercenary maps that cost a dollar each and some 360 exclusive multiplayer modes.

And good eye :)

I grabbed the shot from Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster.

[quote name='whoknows']They haven't announced anything...so far anyway. Currently there's just some mercenary maps that cost a dollar each and some 360 exclusive multiplayer modes.

And good eye :)

I grabbed the shot from Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that one was a classic. Goji playing with the claw after defeating Ebirah was a nice touch.

[quote name='JoshTX']Ahh that one was a classic. Goji playing with the claw after defeating Ebirah was a nice touch.[/QUOTE]

Love that.

Also love the scene where he's throwing the rocks at Ebirah.

[quote name='JoshTX']But are they done with DLC? There won't be any full mission additions like RE5?

Off topic: is that Godzilla in your avatar? I'm on mobile and it's small, but it looks like a photo of Godzilla from the late Showa era, the suit used in the Mechagodzilla or Megalon film.[/QUOTE]

If the DLC from RE5 is any indication, I wouldnt worry about it. It was basically just 2 short side missions and some multiplayer stuff.

Picked it up last week for $40 off amazon and I say its worth a shot for any hardcore RE fans or people who are looking for a fun online/offline co-op game to play with a buddy.

[quote name='TheRobReport']Picked it up last week for $40 off amazon and I say its worth a shot for any hardcore RE fans or people who are looking for a fun online/offline co-op game to play with a buddy.[/QUOTE]

And unlike RE5, if you want to play solo it's not a chore since you don't have to babysit the AI.

i know no one asked but if i was looking to buy RE6 i would wait a little longet this game is worth the gamefly $9.99 or $14.99 at the most

this game is quite average for an average action adventure third person shooter game

Just letting everyone know this should be the RSRP real soon everywhere, Target has already drop it to $30 as of today. Apparently it's not live on their website... So in stores only as of now. The game must not be moving units or a gold edition is in the works.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Just letting everyone know this should be the RSRP real soon everywhere, Target has already drop it to $30 as of today. Apparently it's not live on their website... So in stores only as of now. The game must not be moving units or a gold edition is in the works.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has a steal of the week coupon 15$ of for 10,000 pnts. If you have points to burn you can get this game preowned for around 20$ with PUR.

bread's done
Back