The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#91 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'll have to purchase two copies. One to keep and one two keep sealed along with Xenoblade and Last Story. Hopefully they are worth some good change one day, even if it is a long time from now.

They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#92 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.

Quality of a game has little to do with rarity...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#93 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I haven't heard great things about the other two but Xenoblade is supposed to be good. Giantbombs quick look of it pretty much says as much as well.

#94 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Have you seen the price of Xenoblade lately on Amazon?

#95 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Have you seen the price of Xenoblade lately on Amazon?

Price doesn't denote value, there's a reason all those copies are sitting there not purchased.
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#96 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I haven't heard great things about the other two but Xenoblade is supposed to be good. Giantbombs quick look of it pretty much says as much as well.

Xenoblade isn't bad, it's in the "you might like this if you're part of a small section of people who like these things that other people normally don't"

Last Story and PT don't have that same draw

#97 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Price doesn't denote value, there's a reason all those copies are sitting there not purchased.

Look at the sold copies on ebay

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#98 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Xenoblade was a fantastic JRPG. I can't personally speak for the other two.

Edited by Zaku77, 04 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#99 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

People who buy so called rare stuff on ebay overpay all the time. I bought a used copy of xenoblade for $45 used and it was complete and mint condition

#100 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

They are pretty good RPGs. Some of the best this gen. Maybe two of the top 5 this gen in Xenoblade and The Last Story.

#101 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

They are pretty good RPGs. Some of the best this gen. Maybe two of the top 5 this gen in Xenoblade and The Last Story.

I doubt most RPG fans would put TLS in the top 5 of this generation.

#102 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean it is mediocre either. I think there are a lot of great RPGs this gen.

#103 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Because August already mentioned that he's getting that game day 1 regardless.

What's so freaking hard about understanding that games like Gears of War, BioShock, etc. get complete editions/game of the year editions 6 months to a year after they are released, and can be found for $20? Are people so dense on this board as to not realize this?

Simply put, only a fool buys those types of games at $60.

No GotY edition for Gears 3, any Assassin's Creed game (at retail,) Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2/3, Alan Wake, etc. Bioshock didn't get one until 3 years after Bioshock 2
& 5.5 years after Bioshock 1.

GotY editions aren't a guarantee, especially if its an EA or Ubisoft title.

#104 Celsius

Celsius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Pre-ordered on Amazon! It showed up in my goldbox! I wish Target would carry this game though cause I can get 14.5% off there.
Game & Print Club
http://www.gameandprintclub.com
https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

"What! Sarah, look not upon me with doubting eyes."- Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

#105 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

No GotY edition for Gears 3, any Assassin's Creed game (at retail,) Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2/3, Alan Wake, etc. Bioshock didn't get one until 3 years after Bioshock 2
& 5.5 years after Bioshock 1.

GotY editions aren't a guarantee, especially if its an EA or Ubisoft title.

i agree with you. Not all games get GOTY. Also, why is the other poster calling people fools? Why does he care if people purchase at $60+? Sure some limited editions isnt rare, but some are pretty cool. (skyrim, assassin creed, etc.)

#106 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Looks like its been delayed. I got this today from Amazon.

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Pandora's Tower"
Estimated arrival date: April 18, 2013

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page.

#107 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

It has April, 16

#108 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

i agree with you. Not all games get GOTY. Also, why is the other poster calling people fools? Why does he care if people purchase at $60+? Sure some limited editions isnt rare, but some are pretty cool. (skyrim, assassin creed, etc.)

I saw people claiming they were waiting on GOTY for Darksiders 2. That was pretty funny.

#109 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

No bonuses for this at all? No special box like TLS, or Artbook like Xenoblade. Blah.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#110 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

No bonuses for this at all? No special box like TLS, or Artbook like Xenoblade. Blah.

That's what I'm thinking too. And without the whole "You can only buy this at Gamestop" bullshit that Xenoblade had, this game is going to depreciate and I'd bet we'll be able to pick it up for 20 late this year.

#111 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm surprised by this too. It's pretty rare for Xseed to release a game without any bonuses or special edition.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#112 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm surprised by this too. It's pretty rare for Xseed to release a game without any bonuses or special edition.

Xseed had already stated a couple days after announcing localization that they weren't going to include any bonuses so it shouldn't be a surprise. It's likely because they're unsure how well it's going to sell at this point so their costs for it down.

#113 Celsius

Celsius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

No bonuses is fine. I'm just thankful it's coming out in North America. Would love it if they could do Fatal Frame 2 as well.
Game & Print Club
http://www.gameandprintclub.com
https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

"What! Sarah, look not upon me with doubting eyes."- Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

#114 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

No bonuses is fine. I'm just thankful it's coming out in North America. Would love it if they could do Fatal Frame 2 as well.

Agreed. Crimson Butterfly scared the pants off me way back when. I'm sure the remake would do the same.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#115 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

My Amazon preorder has shipped. Is today the release date, or is tomorrow? GS has in-store lookup active on their website.

#116 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

My pre-order shipped as well.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#117 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Anyone know why Best Buy doesn't have this game in stores?

#118 pummy84

pummy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Anyone know why Best Buy doesn't have this game in stores?

Xseed said today was shipping day, so it may not be in stores everywhere today.

#119 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

My pre-order shipped as well.

Same here.

#120 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Welp. Kinda totally forgot about this game. Guess I should pick it up. Should prolly get on TLS at some point too.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!