Photo
- - - - -

GGT 213 is now known as GgT, made by Ninja Theory, and is much improved.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
506 replies to this topic

#421 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Too fast for me. I'm out.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#422 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm still rocking my 480. 150 MHz overclock, still tears through everything. Waiting for the next round, 770 or 780. :bouncy:

I had a 460 before I got the 670, and there is no way the 460 would have liked my pcbank monitor. I was still rocking a 1680 x 1050 monitor before I got the new card and monitor, so I felt like it was time for an upgrade.

And as far as the modding situation is concerned, some of the problem is that you have to go and check your e-mail to get notified of any reported posts. I don't know how far along he is in the transition, but the new version of CAG is supposed to keep all that on CAG. It creates a report list and then mods can check things off as they are completed. Should help cut down on response time.

Posted Image

#423 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

The 460 was a bit weak in performance. They weren't bad, but definitely suited for lower resolutions and settings. 560, especially the Ti, was a fair step up. I'm still rolling 1080p on everything, so 480 does its job fine. Got my $200 out of it.

Odds are, I'll get a 770, since that'll be the sweet spot in terms of price and performance upgrade, assuming it's not a POS.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#424 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Man, the quality of conversations in the COD lobby is on a whole new level.

Edited by BlueScrote, 28 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#425 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

I like the conversations in the halo lobby -- no one uses a mic.

#426 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I like the conversations in the halo lobby -- no one uses a mic.

That's why PS3 is awesome online. Nobody has a mic. :bouncy:

#427 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Communication is overrated.

#428 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I let mah skillz do the talkin' for me. 8-)

#429 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

ah shit yo

If more games had gestures like in dark souls you wouldn't need a mic. Select - Gesture ''Praise the sun''. And my co-op partner knows what the Fuck is up.

#430 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Well newegg has decided my fate by offering this PSU for the awesome price of $90.

http://slickdeals.ne...ar-power-supply

I guess that means I will be on the look out for something along the lines of 670 or 7970.

#431 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I got my Panansonic TC-L55ET5 LED TVtoday and sent the Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma back.

Someone asked for my impressions of the two when I got the new one so hear goes.

In short, I love the LED set. Yes, the blacks aren't as good and motion isn't handled as smoothly as on the plasma as expected. But both are vastly better than on the Sony LCD RPTV I was upgrading from so I can't complain. Bright and colorful scenes I prefer on this new set. Being brighter such scenes really pop (Rayman Origins looked even more stunning than on the plasma). Dark scenes were definitely better on the plasma--but are still very good on this LED set.

3D is one area I'm really impressed/surprised as being passive rather than active I expected it to not be as good as on the plasma. But it's actually better IMO. The 3D on the plasma tended to have some blurring/double imaging on pop out type stuff--much clearer on this set. And I much prefer having passive glasses and not having to mess with batteries etc. Even better since 4 pairs were included with this tv, where as I had to shell out $38 for the Samsung 4100GBs for the UT50 (already returned them to Amazon).

Best of all, TV is completely silent. No buzz on white screens at all, where as my buzzing UT50 was driving me nuts. I love not having to worry at all about IR and being able to game as long as I want or leave the set on ESPN all day etc.

Only minor nit pick is the screen is still a tad reflective--though not nearly as bad as the UT50 that was near unwatchable with the blinds open during the day or more than one lamp at night.

So overall, I'm super happy. LED is just a better fit for my uses due to not having to worry about IR and no buzzing (which I'm very sensitive too apparently as I've returned two plasmas for buzzing).

#432 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I got my Panansonic TC-L55ET5 LED TVtoday and sent the Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma back.

Someone asked for my impressions of the two when I got the new one so hear goes.

In short, I love the LED set. Yes, the blacks aren't as good and motion isn't handled as smoothly as on the plasma as expected. But both are vastly better than on the Sony LCD RPTV I was upgrading from so I can't complain. Bright and colorful scenes I prefer on this new set. Being brighter such scenes really pop (Rayman Origins looked even more stunning than on the plasma). Dark scenes were definitely better on the plasma--but are still very good on this LED set.

3D is one area I'm really impressed/surprised as being passive rather than active I expected it to not be as good as on the plasma. But it's actually better IMO. The 3D on the plasma tended to have some blurring/double imaging on pop out type stuff--much clearer on this set. And I much prefer having passive glasses and not having to mess with batteries etc. Even better since 4 pairs were included with this tv, where as I had to shell out $38 for the Samsung 4100GBs for the UT50 (already returned them to Amazon).

Best of all, TV is completely silent. No buzz on white screens at all, where as my buzzing UT50 was driving me nuts. I love not having to worry at all about IR and being able to game as long as I want or leave the set on ESPN all day etc.

Only minor nit pick is the screen is still a tad reflective--though not nearly as bad as the UT50 that was near unwatchable with the blinds open during the day or more than one lamp at night.

So overall, I'm super happy. LED is just a better fit for my uses due to not having to worry about IR and no buzzing (which I'm very sensitive too apparently as I've returned two plasmas for buzzing).

Cool. The bolded is what drives me nuts on my plasma.

#433 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hahaha, it's like Sony hates Rai Rai:

Posted Image

Not sure how I feel about the 30fps unsteady framerate NGS+... then again, I'm more tolerant than Rai Rai about these things.

Meanwhile, in Februrary, SCEE is giving PS+: WipEout 2048, Lumines, Sleeping Dogs.
Seems like SCEA won't be able to match that... AGAIN.

I would love to just switch my NA account to an EU account.
It's a shame I can't just migrate my trophies and content, I'd do it in a heartbeat and pay a bit more for stuff in order to get the quality.

#434 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Without Itagaki every game released by team ninja has sucked ass. I downloaded black a year ago and never played it. I should probably do that...

#435 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Without Itagaki every game released by team ninja has sucked ass. I downloaded black a year ago and never played it. I should probably do that...

NGS and NGS2 on the PS3 were good. Better in some areas while lacking in others. What they improved or screwed up is arguable, but they're still solid games.

I can't speak to DoA games, since I don't like the series.

NG3 was bad. I didn't want to believe it but playing it for myself confirmed it was nowhere near what it should have been. Maybe the WiiU version fixes this, but until they port it to PS3 or 360, I can't be bothered to give it another try.

#436 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hahaha, it's like Sony hates Rai Rai:

Not sure how I feel about the 30fps unsteady framerate NGS+... then again, I'm more tolerant than Rai Rai about these things.

If you've played NG for more than 30 seconds before, you'll notice.

#437 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

If you've played NG for more than 30 seconds before, you'll notice.

Bingo.

Love NGB, I'll always put it over NGS.

#438 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

NGB still retains as the best action combo game I have ever played. MGR could possibly take that title...

More like I WANT it to take that title.

Sorry Crotch, not gonna be 660 bros with yah. Gonna spring for a 7950 or maybe just to say Fuck it go with a 7970.

#439 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

NBG over DMC 3? O_O

#440 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

NBG over DMC 3? O_O

That is not a question.

#441 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

That is not a question.

True. Even if it was NGB, it's still not a question. Black is that fucking good.

#442 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

That is not a question.

Yeah, it's not.

DMC3 is better than NG all day. That's not saying NG isn't good. DMC3 is just better.

#443 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, it's not.

DMC3 is better than NG all day. That's not saying NG isn't good. DMC3 is just better.

Frosty has the correct opinion once again.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#444 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Frosty has the correct opinion once again.

It's very scary when we agree.

I thought you liked DmC or DMC2 best, buddy?

#445 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I gotta say though, I really want MGR to be that game.

Give me an endless mode or monster mode and I will be in combo heaven.

#446 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I gotta say though, I really want MGR to be that game.

Give me an endless mode or monster mode and I will be in combo heaven.

I'm so scared to touch the demo because I'm already of the mind that this game will take the throne.

#447 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

It's very scary when we agree.

I thought you liked DmC or DMC2 best, buddy?

Those are too good to compare to any other games so I'm fine with you saying the worst game out of the series is better than NGB.

#448 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

NGB still retains as the best action combo game I have ever played. MGR could possibly take that title...

More like I WANT it to take that title.

Sorry Crotch, not gonna be 660 bros with yah. Gonna spring for a 7950 or maybe just to say Fuck it go with a 7970.

Replace "combo" with "combat" and I will agree.

#449 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Replace "combo" with "combat" and I will agree.

It can't be the best since Bujingai exists and that's the best action game ever.

#450 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

The only thing I like better than Black is playing Vergil in DMC3.