The Last of Us (PS3) Survival Edition, Post-Pandemic Edition coming May 7th

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#301 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

At 160+20~ for the artbook, the statue is basically $100. Somewhat tempting considering everything else on Project Triforce's website is a couple hundred and up. Just not sure about it's specs.

#302 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

At first I was excited because of the products on triforce's website. Seeing all those high quality statues was a good indicator. Then I found out that triforce also made the max payne 3 statue and my excitement dropped. I do enjoy my mp3 statue but realized they (triforce) are capable of mass producing. Oh well......

#303 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

At first I was excited because of the products on triforce's website. Seeing all those high quality statues was a good indicator. Then I found out that triforce also made the max payne 3 statue and my excitement dropped. I do enjoy my mp3 statue but realized they (triforce) are capable of mass producing. Oh well......

well shit i didnt know that they created the max payne statue which was underwhelming, but this one does look more detailed in quality and being that its a new IP & GS exclusive i think it will hold its value over time

#304 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Just ordered one on GS website, will have to sit on it, 160$ and it doesnt have stuff that comes with survival edition kinda wierd to me

Annoying you can't do it in store since shipping could be a gamble but if I recall GS is usu pretty good about packing well

#305 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Annoying you can't do it in store since shipping could be a gamble but if I recall GS is usu pretty good about packing well

Not sure about big boxes, but my dark souls limited edition was busted up. It can't be worse than best buy when I ordered the big boxed limited edition of Skyrim. They just threw it in a large bag, much like a garbage bag, and slapped on some postage.

#306 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

At first i was going to get for me self but now finding out they made the max payne statue my pre order just went out the door and I'll just wait.

#307 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

For The people that are waiting for a price drop on the Gamestop one will be :cry: at the end and i will be :lol: when they try to buy off ebay for $500-$1000 because they want that statue

#308 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

how's this considered a deal? It's just telling us that it's coming out and its MSRP - the same thing an advertisement does lulz:applause:

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107705

Dont forgot Coupon Code: SAVER

There's your deal.

#309 PS3_44

PS3_44

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

Officially sold out per PlayStation Twitter earlier today...

The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition has sold out! Survival Edition quantities are limited, don't wait: #preorder @Naughty_Dog

#310 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Still up on Gamestop.

#311 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

I do see the message via twitter but its still available to order on gamestops website. I hope they release the amount.....

#312 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Still up on Gamestop.

Yeah, PS Twitter need to check the website before they tweet :D

EDIT: BTW, for GS vets, question: after I get the game, which I paid with my credit card, can I bring the receipt to a B&M and change the payment method to GS credit (and perhaps another credit card)? TIA.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#313 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

This is probably a method to push more sales

#314 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Anyway, logic says after that they'll probably sell out soon on Gamestop.com, so for those on the fence, I'd suggest you order one now.

This way you prevent a Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition incident where you decide later you want one and go full-on panic mode about being able to find one somewhere.

#315 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, same with the Songbird, if you are interested just put a preorder down.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#316 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Anyway, logic says after that they'll probably sell out soon on Gamestop.com, so for those on the fence, I'd suggest you order one now.

This way you prevent a Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition incident where you decide later you want one and go full-on panic mode about being able to find one somewhere.

Yep, after that incident I finally decided to get myself a CC to stop using my debit card for pre-orders. That way I can always decide later if I actually want it or not without having to hit myself for missing out.

This is still a tough buy for me though, I really don't need another statue, let alone a $100 one but I love ND and after seeing gameplay for this I am absolutely sold. We'll see what happens down the road. Place your orders guys!

#317 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

OK, with the PPE sold out (or nearly there), I'm getting really nervous about Best Buy carrying the Survival Edition. I guess I can always go with Amazon, but I'd really rather get it from BBY for the $20 in RZ points...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#318 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Yep, after that incident I finally decided to get myself a CC to stop using my debit card for pre-orders. That way I can always decide later if I actually want it or not without having to hit myself for missing out.

Congrats on getting a CC, having a CC makes life so much better.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#319 jojojonny

jojojonny

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

learned my lesson from ni no kuni, pre-ordered a bit more in advance this time! couldn't get SAVER to work.

#320 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

OK, with the PPE sold out (or nearly there), I'm getting really nervous about Best Buy carrying the Survival Edition. I guess I can always go with Amazon, but I'd really rather get it from BBY for the $20 in RZ points...

Put in an order at Amazon and then cancel if Best Buy puts it up, that's what I'm doing.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#321 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Congrats on getting a CC, having a CC makes life so much better.

Hah yeah, I'm so used to paying everything in cash but I really needed one to start building up my credit score.

...and to not miss out on certain games.

learned my lesson from ni no kuni, pre-ordered a bit more in advance this time! couldn't get SAVER to work.

Yeah, me neither. But if you glance on the notes, iit mentions it expired on '12/31/12'.

#322 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

sold out..........for now

#323 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

sold out..........for now

Pretty sure it's for good now, Playstation's FB post mentioned it the day before.

#324 Tae.One

Tae.One

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

If anyone doesn't want their post pandemic please pm me.

#325 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Survival now up for pre-order at BBY.

#326 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks. Been waiting. Of course this happened the day after I just went ahead and did a placeholder order on Amazon. Off to cancel that.....

#327 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Survival now up for pre-order at BBY.

Thanks for the update! Now to cancel my Amazon placeholder order...

EDIT: Should we be concerned that the listing doesn't mention the steelbook at all? I doubt there'd be a version without the steelbook and this is likely BBY just being weird again, but still.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#328 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I see the survival edition on BB doesn't net you the $20 RZ points. If you pre-order it... will you still get it the $20?

#329 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

AFAIK Best Buy doesn't offer the $20 promo on any collector's edition, it's only good for the regular version.

Edit:

I stand corrected. You are supposed to get the $20 in rewards despite it not being listed on the game page.

#330 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I see the survival edition on BB doesn't net you the $20 RZ points. If you pre-order it... will you still get it the $20?

People have asked that same question concerning other games' CEs, including God of War: Ascension and Tomb Raider, and the "official" word (i.e., according to a Best Buy rep on the Best Buy forums) is that despite the $20 in RZ points not being displayed, you should still get them when buying collector's editions. If you don't get the points within 30 days after your purchase, you can easily PM a gaming rep on the Best Buy forums and they'll make sure you get the $20 in RZ points.

EDIT:

AFAIK Best Buy doesn't offer the $20 promo on any collector's edition, it's only good for the regular version.

Wrong, see above. The official pamphlet in stores detailing this promotion even specifies that collector's editions qualify.

Cloud_Squall78.png