The Last of Us (PS3) Survival Edition, Post-Pandemic Edition coming May 7th

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#31 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

yeah, that's what i kind of meant...majority drops in price...

I dont know about EU, but Japanese ones usually hold it's price and never cheaper (most of the time) because it is indeed limited, usually only enough for preorder and launch month, at least for MSRP

and MGSHD was great, the book was awesome.

Also....most "statues" that come in usa ones are horrible - poor quality. they are all deformed in some way or doesn't represent what it suppose to well..usually the face.

#32 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

i go for $79.99 survival edition, that big box one will drop in price just like all others.

that walking dead was gamestop exclusive and was suppose to be very rare yet i see a lot of stores around me have them

i learned this the hard way just but the regular edition than down the road get the limited edition for a lot less

#33 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

wait, is the 79.99 (I do want that one) only gamestop as well?

#34 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Survival Edition is good. Heck I would pay $10 more for almost any game if it came with just a steelbook so the artbook is just a bonus for $10 more.

Naughty Dog must feel pretty good about this game though to have all these CEs. Uncharted was a new IP and did not have any CEs as far as I remember.

Uncharted 2 had a CE that was only given away and not sold at retail and those ended up selling on EBay for $2-3k. That's a reason why Uncharted 3 had a retail CE.

Definately getting the middle version (why didn't the middle version of Borderlands 2 come with a Steelbook, huh Gearbox?) to get the Steelbook and soundtrack.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

For those wanting the GS-exclusive statue edition to drop in price, don't hold your breath. GS exclusive CE tend to hold their value and sell out before they can be clearanced, see ME 1, the Forza series, DoA 5, etc.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#36 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'll be getting Survival Edition for sure, but the post-pandemic edition... why does it had to be GameStop exclusive only?! :(
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#37 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I dont know about EU, but Japanese ones usually hold it's price and never cheaper (most of the time) because it is indeed limited, usually only enough for preorder and launch month, at least for MSRP
Also....most "statues" that come in usa ones are horrible - poor quality. they are all deformed in some way or doesn't represent what it suppose to well..usually the face.

This. Most USA statues don't use high-grade PVC like figures from Japan, and aren't quite as detailed imo. The only exception is the Batman statue from Arkham City CE, but that's made by Kotobukiya :/

Also,
Spoiler

Edited by HakaHina, 23 January 2013 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image

#38 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Well, if you look at the picture most of those are Bishojyo games, which is biggest in Japan but the demand of those games are still low....when say success....it's like them selling 25,000 copies or something cause they are so damn cheap to make.

At least from the ones I can see, they are niche stuff. I should've been more clear but I mean more towards the major crowd....

Like the Rockman 1-6 plus x7 goes for like 500USD average, about 65000yen in Japan...even after 1-6 already having a digital re-release. Metal Gear L.E.s are decently priced and valued as well (i actually liked that shagohad)

the one that was terrible was the Xenosaga 2, that's a legend in its own sense wwwww

#39 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

what's up with all the GameStop exclusive steelbook and now CE

i wish the steelbook was different is should been a red one not a black one and that would nice if GameStop has a exclusive pre-order steelbook (maybe red one)

i buying both when it comes out

Edited by starmask2k3, 23 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#40 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Also,

Spoiler

Nintendo 64 had a special edition?

#41 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I want that statue, but not enough to drop 80 bucks. Will definitely get the survival edition. Maybe as a birthday present. Hmm

#42 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

There aready on ebay

#43 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems the one with the statue does not come with the artbook.

#44 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

There aready on ebay

I hate ebay exclusives:hot:

#45 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yep, I'm getting SE.

#46 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

survival edition looks pretty neat, the post pandemic edition is way overpriced, seems like gamestop decided to hoarde all post pandemic edition and decided to flip them

#47 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Probably picking up the SE edition from Gamestop just so I can burn the rest of the credits I have still and get the regular edition from Best Buy for price matching.

#48 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just a heads up - Amazon is offering the Sights & Sound DLC as a preorder bonus. That took the wind out of the SE for me. While I'm sure Naughty Dog will do great with this one I'm not inclined to plunk down the cash for a collectors edition of a new series (or I'm just coming up for excuses to save the money).

#49 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Just a heads up - Amazon is offering the Sights & Sound DLC as a preorder bonus. That took the wind out of the SE for me. While I'm sure Naughty Dog will do great with this one I'm not inclined to plunk down the cash for a collectors edition of a new series (or I'm just coming up for excuses to save the money).

Everyone is. They're just including it on the list so there's no confusion to whether you get it still.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#50 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Did the Post Pandemic Edition sell out already? It's no longer available to order online.

#51 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yep it's gone. Glad I ordered right away.

#52 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Fuck, hopefully they're still taking in store pre-orders.

#53 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Did the Post Pandemic Edition sell out already? It's no longer available to order online.

Yep it's gone. Glad I ordered right away.

Holy shit... I didn't see that coming. I'd think they'd produce some more if it sold out this fast.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#54 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Holy shit... I didn't see that coming. I'd think they'd produce some more if it sold out this fast.

Well they did say it was very exclusive but they throw those words around all the time so you never really know for sure. I had every intention of pre-ordering but I couldn't make it to GS and didn't want to pay in full online. So here's hoping I can do so tomorrow.

#55 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I just preordered the Post-Pandemic edition in my GameStop today.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#56 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

If you want this you better go order in store now. It will be cut off probably by tomorrow morning. I called and pre-orders are still open as of now. Maybe the talk of the statue being worth $200 was true. That's the only reason I see for them making it this limited.

#57 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

What for the post pandemic, the SE or both?

#58 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well they did say it was very exclusive but they throw those words around all the time so you never really know for sure. I had every intention of pre-ordering but I couldn't make it to GS and didn't want to pay in full online. So here's hoping I can do so tomorrow.

Gamestop.com doesn't charge you on pre-orders. No pending charge either.

#59 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

What for the post pandemic, the SE or both?

Post Pandemic is the only one sold out online. SE is still showing available.

#60 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Everyone is. They're just including it on the list so there's no confusion to whether you get it still.

Are you sure? I checked Best Buy and Target and didn't see it listed when I posted. Gamestop has it along with the other Multiplayer advantage DLC...