Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

well, i preordered a post-pandemic edition as well just in case

#152 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

You people are hilarious with your stale jokes :rofl:

It's not a joke. They actually do that crap.

That said, gs is the only place that has the survival dlc that's found in the post-pandemic edition available to those who preorder.

#153 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I am really looking forward to this game, but I'm not sure it warrants me buying the collector's edition..

I'm in the same boat, but it will be a day 1 purchase regardless

#154 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

You people are hilarious with your stale jokes :rofl:

Its not a joke, its true. And their CS is a joke and no help at all when you try to call them on it.

#155 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

It's not a joke. They actually do that crap.

That said, gs is the only place that has the survival dlc that's found in the post-pandemic edition available to those who preorder.

The only copy of a brand new release day game that was ever opened by gamestop was Deus Ex and that was the whole "take out the onlive voucher" debacle. They have never opened a brand new release day shipped game and "played it".

#156 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The only copy of a brand new release day game that was ever opened by gamestop was Deus Ex and that was the whole "take out the onlive voucher" debacle. They have never opened a brand new release day shipped game and "played it".

If you're talking about Gamestop.com, you're correct. If you're talking about individual stores, that's not correct at all.

#157 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

They may not have played it, but my preordered release day Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition was opened with the slipcover ripped. They were 'generous' to give me a 10% discount when I asked, though.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#158 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

If you're talking about Gamestop.com, you're correct. If you're talking about individual stores, that's not correct at all.

Thank god Amazon finally listed the SE on their site. I can finally cancel my GS order. For all I know they will send me an open already played copy of it and claim it is new.

;)

#159 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I got burned with so many special editions in the past few years, I am going to wait for a price drop.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#160 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

$80 for a statue at GameStop ahaha

What exactly is so funny? I collect statues (anime, video game), and $80 is a fairly average price for something of that quality. For people who just want the game, I understand why this wouldn't be a great buy. But for people into collectibles that 's a pretty good price.

#161 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Pre-orders have stopped in store.

#162 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I got burned with so many special editions in the past few years, I am going to wait for a price drop.

U talking about the Gamestop one if so it's not going to

#163 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just called two Gamestops. Both said Pandemic edition in store preorders were pulled las tnight.

#164 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, my friend just called me to tell me its out of the system in stores. He's the manager and didn't get an order in cause he thought it would last longer.

#165 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Just called two Gamestops. Both said Pandemic edition in store preorders were pulled las tnight.

Yeah, my friend just called me to tell me its out of the system in stores. He's the manager and didn't get an order in cause he thought it would last longer.

Oh, well--I'll just have to be happy with my Survivor Edition from Best Buy...once they have a page up for it. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#166 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm pretty pumped about this game... and I don't even own a PS3!

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#167 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Besides art book all you get is official soundtrack and psn avatars? Not even in game dlc?

And paying 100 for edition with statue is highway robbery. I'd rather own 3 vanilla games than one CE

#168 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Besides art book all you get is official soundtrack and psn avatars? Not even in game dlc?

And paying 100 for edition with statue is highway robbery. I'd rather own 3 vanilla games than one CE

With the survival you get the preorder DLC as well as a steelbook case. In terms of paying for the statue, that is up to the buyer. You might see it as highway robbery while another person could love it. People in Japan pay way higher prices for a statue / figure and some people have crazy collections. Lets not even talk about how they price their video games, blu-rays, or anime.

I think if a person has extra disposable income then they can use it on whatever they like.

#169 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

80 to 100 for a good quality statue is either the going price or a good deal in some cases. I've picked up a few from amazon and imported, so yeah. But again, its not for everyone, just like expensive CEs ;)

#170 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

now the waiting game begins, to see how high the post-pandemic edition will actually be worth

#171 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

now the waiting game begins, to see how high the post-pandemic edition will actually be worth

I feel like the higher priced CEs are a harder sell on eBay. For one they already priced at a high premium; how much more is a buyer willing to shell out above that $160? I sold my Black Ops II Care Package for $225 w/ free shipping. That isn't much of a profit. The CEs that typically sell high are the ones priced at or around $100. Look at DOA5, MGS HD LE, Diablo III CE, Ni No Kuni CE, etc. The ones priced more reasonably tend to sell for 100% of the price and above.

#172 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I feel like the higher priced CEs are a harder sell on eBay. For one they already priced at a high premium; how much more is a buyer willing to shell out above that $160? I sold my Black Ops II Care Package for $225 w/ free shipping. That isn't much of a profit. The CEs that typically sell high are the ones priced at or around $100. Look at DOA5, MGS HD LE, Diablo III CE, Ni No Kuni CE, etc. The ones priced more reasonably tend to sell for 100% of the price and above.

I really think it will sell to at least double the price if they improve their marketing campaign for the game. Then regarding the collectors edition price well that is just luck I remember a few care packages going for 300 dlls. Just look at the dead space 3 Dev kit add on is going for 250.00 and that is just a box with extras
Posted Image

#173 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I want to see the quality of the statue up close. Unboxing video or whatever. We all know this game is going to OWN! (sorry I don't normally use that word)

#174 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

In case anyone is wondering, Project Triforce has confirmed that they will not be selling the statue separately. There was some speculation that they might since The Last of Us is listed as "Coming Soon" on their website, suggesting they are potentially working on other items. So it looks like the Post-Pandemic Edition is the only way to get this particular statue.

Edited by winterlane, 26 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#175 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

And so begins the pandemic of "WTF, this is sold out already!?". I'm surprised they sold out online so fast...

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#176 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

And so begins the pandemic of "WTF, this is sold out already!?". I'm surprised they sold out online so fast...

and "Damn resellers bought all of them for eBay.."

#177 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well, I'm glad I got my order in before the in-store cut off. :bouncy:

#178 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I planned on going in tomorrow for my preorder. I am super surprised at how fast that went, I just have to keep an eye out for Best Buy then!

#179 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I planned on going in tomorrow for my preorder. I am super surprised at how fast that went, I just have to keep an eye out for Best Buy then!

It's a Gamestop exclusive so BB won't be getting any.

#180 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

It's a Gamestop exclusive so BB won't be getting any.

Yup. the Post Pandemic edition is GS exclusive. The Survival Edition is for every retailer.