The Last of Us (PS3) Survival Edition, Post-Pandemic Edition coming May 7th

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#211 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

My best buy gamers club is expiring next month. If best buy put up the listing for the survival edition before my expiration and I preorder it then, will I be eligible for the $20 rewards points? Or will I need to renew my membership?

#212 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

My best buy gamers club is expiring next month. If best buy put up the listing for the survival edition before my expiration and I preorder it then, will I be eligible for the $20 rewards points? Or will I need to renew my membership?

You have to be a current member when you pick up the game to get the $20 cert. So yes you need to renew.

#213 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't think CEs are eligible for the $20 Reward Zone certificates.

#214 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

You have to be a current member when you pick up the game to get the $20 cert. So yes you need to renew.

Thanks, I was hoping to cut gamers club to stop me from buying games and just play more stuff from my backlog this year, but it looks like that's not happening.:lol:

I don't think CEs are eligible for the $20 Reward Zone certificates.

Someone from an earlier post pages back said it was eligible. I've never done it myself though so I don't know.

#215 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

One of the reasons to pick the statue version is the statue itself is controversial like bloody torso. I mean a 14 year-old-kid carries a gun? Or sniper rifle to be exact? And she looks happy too! Surprising NRA or media haven't offended by it. That's why statue worth a lot.

#216 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

One of the reasons to pick the statue version is the statue itself is controversial like bloody torso. I mean a 14 year-old-kid carries a gun? Or sniper rifle to be exact? And she looks happy too! Surprising NRA or media haven't offended by it. That's why statue worth a lot.

I prefer The God of Cookery. Anyway, I'm mainly interested in the statue, because I'm a huge fan of Ellen Page. Just kidding.

#217 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Don't know if serious or...

#218 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Don't know if serious or...

He could be completely serious in this day and age but I've heard nothing about any controversy over it. I haven't looked though either. A good recent example of something like that though is NECAs Django Unchained figures. Racism complaints, product was discontinued, selling prices went to levels that would put video game CE's to shame.

#219 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

He could be completely serious in this day and age but I've heard nothing about any controversy over it. I haven't looked though either. A good recent example of something like that though is NECAs Django Unchained figures. Racism complaints, product was discontinued, selling prices went to levels that would put video game CE's to shame.

The only controversy related to TLS has been it's ultra realistic violence and the fact that the cover of the game puts Elle as the focus... both of these were stupid and died pretty fast though.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#220 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

4K sold listing on ebay for a complete set of these figures. Do remember that they run roughly $200 each base cost so it's not an giant scalp %wise, but is still a sweet deal for those who got in on them.

#221 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Gamestop sucks how do u have a pre-order for a Gamestop only and stop F-ing taken pre-orders tor it

#222 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Gamestop sucks how do u have a pre-order for a Gamestop only and stop F-ing taken pre-orders tor it

They literally fulfilled their namesake by stopping the pre-orders. :-#

#223 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

They should also consider making a waitlist. Would be a smart move. You can sneak a few extra sales in that way.

#224 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

because they have a limited amount of these already manufactured and they received enough orders between online and in-store over the past week to fulfill the amount for sale

if you really wanted this you had all week to get to a gamestop and preorder it

#225 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thanks, I was hoping to cut gamers club to stop me from buying games and just play more stuff from my backlog this year, but it looks like that's not happening.:lol:

Someone from an earlier post pages back said it was eligible. I've never done it myself though so I don't know.

I got 1000 points for pre-ordering Hardened edition of Black Ops 2

Posted Image

#226 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

because they have a limited amount of these already manufactured and they received enough orders between online and in-store over the past week to fulfill the amount for sale

Not quite all week. My gamestop closes at 7pm and I had work/social things all week. Nobody in my area placed a pre-order in time. I understand the limited nature but I put off ordering online because I know preordering in person helps my local store and the workers who place the preorders.

I've gotten burned on overpaying for day one special editions but I was really juiced about this one and you can't deny that a solid percentage of these are going to people for flipping not enjoying. It's frustrating. Let people be frustrated. I've gotten lucky in the past eventually getting rare editions with some luck (Persona Solid Gold, MGS Limited, etc.) but I'd rather have it guaranteed and not get punished with a huge markup for having different priorities when if it had been a week earlier or later, I would have been in the store anyway. It's not a matter of really wanting it, because I do, it's just a matter of time and place.

#227 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

4K sold listing on ebay for a complete set of these figures. Do remember that they run roughly $200 each base cost so it's not an giant scalp %wise, but is still a sweet deal for those who got in on them.

You're talking about the Django Unchained figures I assume? If so, that $200 is not accurate I don't think. Before they were pulled you could go on ebay and buy a complete set of the 6 for less than that I believe. They were selling on Amazon.com individually for as little as $30 - $35. I'm not too sure what msrp was, maybe $50-$60 or so individually? Either way, shit is crazy.

#228 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

The price for the art book went down to 26xx
http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

#229 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

They didn't have an end date for pre-orders

#230 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

That is assuming they even knew about it all week..

#231 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Not quite all week. My gamestop closes at 7pm and I had work/social things all week. Nobody in my area placed a pre-order in time. I understand the limited nature but I put off ordering online because I know preordering in person helps my local store and the workers who place the preorders.

I've gotten burned on overpaying for day one special editions but I was really juiced about this one and you can't deny that a solid percentage of these are going to people for flipping not enjoying. It's frustrating. Let people be frustrated. I've gotten lucky in the past eventually getting rare editions with some luck (Persona Solid Gold, MGS Limited, etc.) but I'd rather have it guaranteed and not get punished with a huge markup for having different priorities when if it had been a week earlier or later, I would have been in the store anyway. It's not a matter of really wanting it, because I do, it's just a matter of time and place.

I understand your frustration but at the same time that's just how life is. We weigh our options and make decisions on what we see as important and place things that aren't as important lower on our priority list. I have a job as well and work the typical 8 am - 5 pm. You just have to choose a day where you can take 5 mins out of your day to place a preorder there. Granted it takes longer than 5 mins since you have to drive there and back, etc but you get what I mean. Also if your city is anything like mine you should be surrounded by multiple GameStops. Heck my mall has two GameStops in it. I had a feeling this one was going to go OoS fast so I preordered it right after getting off work.

#232 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

The price for the art book went down to 26xx
http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

It's been 26 since the survival edition and PPE was annoucned.

#233 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

We still don't know how many units were planned. Not sure why I care but I am extremely curious. I also wonder how many people work at triforce. I know I am nosy but I want answers dagnabbit

#234 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

what is the point of preorder really? I don't see any reason this go out of print. Might even end up $30-40 within 6 months.

#235 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

what is the point of preorder really? I don't see any reason this go out of print. Might even end up $30-40 within 6 months.

As reasons mentioned few pages back, companies don't have the ability to magically create X amount of product out of nowhere.

#236 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

From wiki: "The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies were then given the idea to allow people to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee immediate delivery on release, manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be and hence how large initial production runs should be, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to generate publicity to further increase sales."

As for it being $30-$40 I'm going to assume you're only talking about the Survival Edition and sure that's possible. So if you want to go buy the game a few months after release for that price then great. I personally want it day one and also don't think they'll make enough of this for something like that to happen so I ordered it now to be sure I get it.

#237 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

anything possible but look at ni no kuni an tell me were ill find the wizard edition for $30-40 in six months
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#238 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

From wiki: "The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies were then given the idea to allow people to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee immediate delivery on release, manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be and hence how large initial production runs should be, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to generate publicity to further increase sales."

As for it being $30-$40 I'm going to assume you're only talking about the Survival Edition and sure that's possible. So if you want to go buy the game a few months after release for that price then great. I personally want it day one and also don't think they'll make enough of this for something like that to happen so I ordered it now to be sure I get it.

I came from slick deals, I guess I still carry their "never pay full price" thinking lol. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was I got a bunch of CE over the years under $30, CD Black op, Assassin creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, Max Payne 3 etc...after a couple months so unless you are a collector and take pride in owning these, I don't see any reason to pay full price. If I really really like a game I might buy the vanilla copy around release time (there are always some deals, one way or another to not pay full price lol) then wait for the special ed to drop then sell the vanilla copy.

#239 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

I came from slick deals, I guess I still carry their "never pay full price" thinking lol. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was I got a bunch of CE over the years under $30, CD Black op, Assassin creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, Max Payne 3 etc...after a couple months so unless you are a collector and take pride in owning these, I don't see any reason to pay full price. If I really really like a game I might buy the vanilla copy around release time (there are always some deals, one way or another to not pay full price lol) then wait for the special ed to drop then sell the vanilla copy.

The way I see it collectors edition never sell out quickly because if it was meant to be sold out quickly it would of been named a limited edition. So when these editions coming out to me it's either pay full price or wait but you can't be sure since they don't say limited or collectors edition unless they announce it to be numbered and only launch/pre order copies.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#240 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

That's all fine and dandy but I don't think you really understand the situation. Having retailer specific CEs makes the availability even more limited. Just a question but can you find me a CE of DOA5, MGS HD LE, Borderlands 2 Loot Chest, ME2, NG2, Ni No Kuni, Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Edition at clearance price? No? That's not even all the rare ones either. The Assassin's Creed Revelations one wasn't even a true CE, it was just the action figure packed with the game. As for the other examples you listed yeah those were overproduced and did drop in price. These companies are starting to recognize that overproducing products is not a good business practice for making money. By all means if you think you can get certain CEs at bargain price be my guest. I'll keep my preorder though, thanks for your valuable input.