The Last of Us (PS3) Survival Edition, Post-Pandemic Edition coming May 7th

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#241 delsus09

delsus09

Cowbell. I need it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Why is it that European pre-order bonuses & LE's/CE's always have the stuff I'd actually use? :/ Sigh...

This topic needs more cowbell.

Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?
Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.

#242 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

The way I see it collectors edition never sell out quickly because if it was meant to be sold out quickly it would of been named a limited edition. So when these editions coming out to me it's either pay full price or wait but you can't be sure since they don't say limited or collectors edition unless they announce it to be numbered and only launch/pre order copies.

limited edition is even worse, nowadays they just slap that on anything. The only thing that might be rare are those super expensive and with some really cool and unique item in there OR the ones that are ridiculous overpriced so they only produce enough for people who want it. The Post-Pandemic ed of this is probably one, average consumer find it ridiculous to pay $80 more for a little statue and without the art book.

#243 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

I came from slick deals, I guess I still carry their "never pay full price" thinking lol. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was I got a bunch of CE over the years under $30, CD Black op, Assassin creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, Max Payne 3 etc...after a couple months so unless you are a collector and take pride in owning these, I don't see any reason to pay full price. If I really really like a game I might buy the vanilla copy around release time (there are always some deals, one way or another to not pay full price lol) then wait for the special ed to drop then sell the vanilla copy.

The issue w/ this mentality is that all the games you mentioned were sequels. A lot of the NEW IPs that are released have an actual limited release for CEs. (Like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Demon's Souls, Dead Space, and even Assassin's Creed).

Also, adding to the idea that this edition has a higher chance of being limited, it's a retailer exclusive. It is not being sold anywhere except at Gamestop. And it also helps that it is an exclusive.

#244 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Why is it that European pre-order bonuses & LE's/CE's always have the stuff I'd actually use? :/ Sigh...

I don't think it's all that great... the mini-artbook and comics are easily substituted, the DLC that you will probably be able to get on PSN later or universal, and a controller skin that I'm sure will be replicated. The only real unique items are the packaging and screen poster. I don't think it's worth $40 for all of that.

The Survival Edition is honestly a pretty sweet deal by comparison. You get a full sized artbook and steelbook for only $20 more.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#245 delsus09

delsus09

Cowbell. I need it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

I don't think it's all that great... the mini-artbook and comics are easily substituted, the DLC that you will probably be able to get on PSN later or universal, and a controller skin that I'm sure will be replicated. The only real unique items are the packaging and screen poster. I don't think it's worth $40 for all of that.

The Survival Edition is honestly a pretty sweet deal by comparison. You get a full sized artbook and steelbook for only $20 more.

Yeah, that's true...& I do like me some steel/artbooks. Still, I wish we'd get some of the small stuff that EU releases get. Then again, maybe it's just recently that EU has been getting better stuff than they used to.

Oh well; I'm going to go play Company of Heroes.

This topic needs more cowbell.

Playing a game you buy right away instead of putting it in the backlog?
Perish the thought. This is CAG. People don't play games here.

#246 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

limited edition is even worse, nowadays they just slap that on anything. The only thing that might be rare are those super expensive and with some really cool and unique item in there OR the ones that are ridiculous overpriced so they only produce enough for people who want it. The Post-Pandemic ed of this is probably one, average consumer find it ridiculous to pay $80 more for a little statue and without the art book.

One day, maybe, you'll allow yourself to become enlightened and start to have an understanding of which games have a higher chance of being limited prior to release.

At this point it's safe to say you're not there yet

#247 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

One day, maybe, you'll allow yourself to become enlightened and start to have an understanding of which games have a higher chance of being limited prior to release.

At this point it's safe to say you're not there yet

Seems like threads like this kinda come full circle every few pages with someone like this complaining about CEs, doesn't it. :D Let them figure it out.

#248 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

It has already been mentioned, but the limiting factor in the post-pandemic edition is the fact that the statue is being made by project triforce. Check out their website: http://www.projecttriforce.com/

#249 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I understand your frustration but at the same time that's just how life is. We weigh our options and make decisions on what we see as important and place things that aren't as important lower on our priority list. I have a job as well and work the typical 8 am - 5 pm. You just have to choose a day where you can take 5 mins out of your day to place a preorder there. Granted it takes longer than 5 mins since you have to drive there and back, etc but you get what I mean. Also if your city is anything like mine you should be surrounded by multiple GameStops. Heck my mall has two GameStops in it. I had a feeling this one was going to go OoS fast so I preordered it right after getting off work.

My Gamestop is driving distance and we got hit with a lot of snow. The car was being used by another member of the household Tuesday-Thursday. Friday, I should have dropped in but someone needed a ride and I wasn't following the thread as closely as I should have to know it went out of stock online. I go in phases about how much time I spend on CAG and this is a time it didn't payoff.

These threads tend to have a fair amount of "you snooze you lose" taunting and excitement about flipping. I'm here looking for restocks and leads because I'm genuinely interested in having the statue for display. Being told "you just didn't want it enough lol" is a pain.

*That said I'm genuinely excited for the people who got in on it and are juiced about it. It's just that the rarity is not what draws me toward it, it's the quality. I've been hooked on these statues since my Infamous 2 Cole but got severely burned on buying a Max Payne limited day one. I was also a little shaky because I bought the Uncharted 3 collectors day one as well (and ended up having to superglue my Drake). That's what lulled me into a false sense of security about the timing for preorder.

Edited by HomieGFunk03, 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#250 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Project Triforce statues are of higher quality and rarer than your typical mass-produced statue editions. Most of their statues seem to sell for more than the cost of the entire LE.

#251 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

It looks like the Pandemic Edition is available again online and probably the same for in-store preorders.

Update
One member tried to preorder in-store and the employee said it was sold out.

Edited by usagi, 28 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#252 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

It looks like the Pandemic Edition is available again online and probably the same for in-store preorders.

If this is true, they probably got a more "firm" number on how many they are due to receive, so it has been reopened. Or this is just a ploy to drum up more preorders and to make customers think it's rarer than it appears. Either way, I wouldn't wait to long to place an order, they could be gone again tomorrow.

#253 fac ownage

fac ownage

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

how's this considered a deal? It's just telling us that it's coming out and its MSRP - the same thing an advertisement does lulz:applause:

#254 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

#255 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107705

Dont forgot Coupon Code: SAVER

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#256 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

how's this considered a deal? It's just telling us that it's coming out and its MSRP - the same thing an advertisement does lulz:applause:

Do you have a newsletter and how might I subscribe to hear your witty words of wisdom on a daily basis?

#257 guynextshore

guynextshore

Old Fashion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Expires 12/31/2012 when I tried to redeem, unfortunately :(.

#258 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Do you have a newsletter and how might I subscribe to hear your witty words of wisdom on a daily basis?

Yeah really. This guy is just going to go into every thread and say, "not a deal."
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#259 Omega_ZX

Omega_ZX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I went in store today to preorder but the employee there said it still sold out in store. Anyone else try preordering in-store?

#260 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

If you guys are interested, install the chrome app "honey". It tries several coupon codes in rapid succession to see if it can save you any money right before check out. It helped me remember saver.

#261 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yeah really. This guy is just going to go into every thread and say, "not a deal."

He has a post before that one that disappeared, either deleted by him or a mod, saying near the same thing a couple minutes before the post quoted above. Some troll account created just for that purpose.

#262 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

If this is true, they probably got a more "firm" number on how many they are due to receive, so it has been reopened. Or this is just a ploy to drum up more preorders and to make customers think it's rarer than it appears. Either way, I wouldn't wait to long to place an order, they could be gone again tomorrow.

I don't think it would be a ploy since it's so early in. People would just cancel their pre-orders.

Expires 12/31/2012 when I tried to redeem, unfortunately :(.

Were you able to get free shipping anyway?

Anyway, thanks for the update, guys. I feel better after pre-ordering this than not given the recent shenanigans with other recent collector's editions.

#263 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't think it would be a ploy since it's so early in. People would just cancel their pre-orders.

Your average gamer doesn't come here to flip and be conned in also, so that's a very paranoid statement. Also most people willing to spend $160 on a CE probably don't come here often.

That being said I'm locking one in. If it's "rare", I'm gonna regret missing out on that awesome statue. If not, I'll cancel and wait for a price drop.

#264 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Online orders can be cancelled conveniently right? TIA

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#265 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Online orders can be cancelled conveniently right? TIA

From my experience, yup.

#266 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Were you able to get free shipping anyway?

Anyway, thanks for the update, guys. I feel better after pre-ordering this than not given the recent shenanigans with other recent collector's editions.

I order one using saver and in the initial screen it shows that it does not apply to the order but when you go to shipping methods it gives you the free option. so it works
Posted Image

#267 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

it's available for order again online

#268 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

From my experience, yup.

Thanks.

I order one using saver and in the initial screen it shows that it does not apply to the order but when you go to shipping methods it gives you the free option. so it works

This.

EDIT: Locked a order with free shipping! Thanks CAGs. Hope this doesn't mess up my cash back though.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#269 AFriendlyGamer

AFriendlyGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Gamestop doesn't charge your card until it ships, correct? Also, I was trying to add the rest of my trade credit, the card shows the amount I have but the order total doesn't change. Do they just take it off the total price when they ship it?

#270 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm curious whether guynextshore realized that.