Blockbuster B1G1 used DVD and Bluray

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Me too! Took about 3 different locations, but I was able to complete the set.

Jelly! I need Star Wars and Empire, if you guys find extra's, PM me. Picked up Jedi already, man that CGI crap in Jabba's palace is still just beyond ridiculous, good lord. :booty:

Sucked you can't buy just those discs individually or the Raiders series one by one either.

#32 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Jelly! I need Star Wars and Empire, if you guys find extra's, PM me. Picked up Jedi already, man that CGI crap in Jabba's palace is still just beyond ridiculous, good lord. :booty:

Sucked you can't buy just those discs individually or the Raiders series one by one either.

I was 8 years old in 1997 when the re-releases started coming out. I had been watching the Star Wars trilogy over and over and over since I was a couple months old.

Even at 8 years old, my reaction to that scene was something like "What the heck was the point of that?" It seemed like they were just desperately trying to find something they could add.

#33 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

The sign said the BOGO sale is through 2/4 now.

#34 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I was 8 years old in 1997 when the re-releases started coming out. I had been watching the Star Wars trilogy over and over and over since I was a couple months old.

Even at 8 years old, my reaction to that scene was something like "What the heck was the point of that?" It seemed like they were just desperately trying to find something they could add.

Now that Disney's driving the Star Wars cashmobile, I'm almost 99% sure they'll release the original theatrical versions of all the films on Bluray at some point. More than likely when we're closer to seeing Episode VII in theaters.

#35 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Disney doesn't have the rights to the first 6 films, those stayed with Fox. Fox might do that to cash in though.

#36 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Well I stopped in today and picked up Men In Black 3 and Hunger Games for myself, then I found Kung Fu Panda 1 and Kung Fu Panda 2 which i bought for my son, for his birthday. Total cost was 18 dollars even since they didnt ring up buy 1 get 1 even though signs were up so he did a credit and since he did the credit took tax off. Not a bad deal at all

#37 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

Well, like with U&S, went a little crazy:

$12.99

Avengers, The

$9.99

21 Jump Street
Artist, The
Battle for Terra
Bernie
Contagion
Descendants, The
Drive
Haywire
Ides of March, The
Mirror Mirror
Santa Paws 1 & 2 (DVD versions, and a gift)
Scott Pilgrim Versus the World
Rampart
Red Cliff Parts 1 & 2
Road, The
True Grit (John Wayne version)

$6.99

A Scanner Darkly
Body of Lies
Burn After Reading
Conan the Barbarian
Eagle, The
Girl Who Played With Fire, The
Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, The
Gran Torino
Grey, The
International, The
Juno
Law Abiding Citizen
Let Me In
Persepolis
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Puss in Boots
Salt
Stone
Time Traveler's Wife, The
Up in the Air
Uninvited, The
Seven Pounds
Spirit, The
Star Trek
Wolfman, The

$4.99

District 9

90% of the above had flawless cover art and included bonus features on the disc. The ones I know were rental exclusives were Conan (no features) and the Time Traveler's Wife (marked rental). Of the above, was able to get about 16 pristine blu-ray cases by asking nicely.

Edit: $216.10 for 46 movies = $4.70/movie. I need help.

Edited by applecider, 01 February 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#38 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Now that Disney's driving the Star Wars cashmobile, I'm almost 99% sure they'll release the original theatrical versions of all the films on Bluray at some point. More than likely when we're closer to seeing Episode VII in theaters.

I believe/hope/pray/dream the same thing. I still like many parts of the special editions. I'd just like to have the option of watching the theatrical. I would probably switch off between the two on viewings. Like I would watch theatrical, then special, then theatrical, and so on.

Furthermore, I'm a huge cheap ass extreme couponing motherfucker, but I would drop at least another $49.99 on the theatrical bluray trilogy. I'd drop another $99.99 on the 3D bluray trilogies because I like dumb 3d shyte. :)

Disney makes the best blurays in my opinion (Criterion is good too). But I have faith Disney would make it work the price for a double dip or triple dip.

#39 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

As another poster said, Fox owns the rights to Episodes I-VI, so Disney would need to buy them out. I do believe they now own the various TV shows though.