Skylanders Giants Thumpback/ Eye Brawl Gamestop ONLINE NOW

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

First time they have appeared online for sale anywhere.

Thumpback

http://www.gamestop....ter-pack/106002

Eye brawl

http://www.gamestop....ter-pack/105996

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I was able to get a order in for eye brawl, every time I added thump back to my cart I was told its not available anymore. I hope the eye brawl goes through. Thanks a bunch, my son is going to be super stoked!

#3 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks but wont let me add either to cart.

#4 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I was able to order both but did so in separate orders since when i first seen it only thumpback was in stock.After i checked out and everything i went back and then eye brawl showed up in stock so i placed another order for him.

No biggie its only an extra $3.49 shipping so its not worth the hassle of trying to get it combined to one shipment ext..

#5 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

You know i am pretty curious about skylanders. I heard that you can beat the game with the starter figures.

I just don't get all the buzz about the figures. Are they a big deal? Are people reselling them? Will they make me the very best? You have to buy them all?

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#6 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

You know i am pretty curious about skylanders. I heard that you can beat the game with the starter figures.

I just don't get all the buzz about the figures. Are they a big deal? Are people reselling them? Will they make me the very best? You have to buy them all?

good luck reselling the starters from the skylanders ds set (besides the dark spryo ) i have 3 sets i cant even trade off for any other figures
WOOOO I STINK

#7 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Guess I'll have to keep looking. Hopefully like all the others they'll be easier to find at some point.

#8 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

good luck reselling the starters from the skylanders ds set (besides the dark spryo ) i have 3 sets i cant even trade off for any other figures

Which do you have doubles of? And how much would you want to sell them for? Trigger happy is one we're looking for.

#9 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

No, you can beat it just fine with just the starter, and get most achieves. Some are better than others, but it depends on your playstyle what works best for you. If your goal is just to beat the game and move on, stick with the starters and see how that goes.

The draw is the collection aspect, think action figure collecting. There is a good amount of replay value, and they work across many games - online, console, portable and mobile. Every figure stores data, and unlocks the ability to play them in game. It's fun, particularly if you have kids.

#10 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Which do you have doubles of? And how much would you want to sell them for? Trigger happy is one we're looking for.

The DS Starter for the first game has Stealth Elf, Ignitor & Dark Spyro. Trigger Happy is in the console Starter or you can get him as a figure for the second game (it works in both), or the Legendary version from ToysRUs.

#11 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Just makes it easier to finish the game and especially on nightmare. Have over 20 and my son uses the ones that does melee and I use the ones with range attacks. I would only get the ones that fit your playing style or if you can get them cheap. Still have 2 light core still in the box from the BB sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

If you want to unlock all the areas in the game, you will need one character for each element.

#13 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just makes it easier to finish the game and especially on nightmare. Have over 20 and my son uses the ones that does melee and I use the ones with range attacks. I would only get the ones that fit your playing style or if you can get them cheap. Still have 2 light core still in the box from the BB sale.

Yeah I'm glad we have 32 of the little bastards. I've been running nightmare at night solo while he's sleeping, it would be a pain to do with only 3 figures.

#14 HuskerStorm

HuskerStorm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Dangit I missed it :( My kids want these two sooooo dang bad!

#15 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Stealth Elf, Ignitor are the 2 i have (well 6 i have since i have 3 sets)

bad thing they are a major pain in the ass to ship though cause you have to put them in a freaking 2/3 day box what kills is the shipping price.
WOOOO I STINK

#16 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

No BB's in my area have them (Northern Cali)

#17 suburbanjoe

suburbanjoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I picked both of these up at Target on Monday. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta. The detail on both figures is awesome, but Thumpback is particularly impressive.

#18 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Dangit I missed it :( My kids want these two sooooo dang bad!

A lot of kids want these and Hot Dog.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

The one true Ishkabibbel!

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

A lot of kids want these and Hot Dog.

Hot Dog is currently only available in the Scorpion Striker pack, which is exclusive to GameStop in the month of January. I just picked it up and a series 2 Zook (still don't have series 1) yesterday. No luck on Eyebrawl or Thumpback for me.

#20 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Picked up the Scorpion Striker Pack, Thumpback, and Eyebrawl at Gamestop in-store the other day. Still need to find a Camo and Legendary Stealth Elf. Argh.

#21 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Picked up the Scorpion Striker Pack, Thumpback, and Eyebrawl at Gamestop in-store the other day. Still need to find a Camo and Legendary Stealth Elf. Argh.

Get you a Camo... He's fun as hell, probably one of my favorites.

#22 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Get you a Camo... He's fun as hell, probably one of my favorites.

Ditto that

Camo is the best when me and my son play we always use a Camo/ Drobot or Prism Break combo and we tear the game up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 suburbanjoe

suburbanjoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Only Camo I've seen is in leftover Camo-Warnado-Ignitor three packs at Toys R Us.

#24 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Only Camo I've seen is in leftover Camo-Warnado-Ignitor three packs at Toys R Us.

I just picked up one of those for my son last week. Luckily we still needed all 3 of those characters.

#25 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hot Dog is currently only available in the Scorpion Striker pack, which is exclusive to GameStop in the month of January. I just picked it up and a series 2 Zook (still don't have series 1) yesterday. No luck on Eyebrawl or Thumpback for me.

Refuse to spend 25 for Hot Dog when I already have Zap and don't need the item. Already got suckered into purchasing the Crypt and Pirate ship.

Best bet is to goto TRU and pick them up. Saw a ton of triple pack with Camo, Incinerator, and Warnado and Legendary Stealth Elf. Would pick these up for you but I think S&H + Tax would make this little on the expensive side.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I picked up Thumpback at Target a few days ago. Along with a single pack Shroomboom (finally). So Target has at least thumpback in store.

#27 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

found thumpback and eye brawl at my local (Durham, NC) best buy this morning, along with the rest of the wave 3 guys, so they're finally showing up there.

#28 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just found both of these at Best Buy. Snatched every single one of course. They had lightcore Shroom Boom as well.

Obvious troll is obvious. But, I'll play along. Hang on to your receipt, there are currently over 600 for each them up on Ebay right now and the price is fast approaching retail. They have been out at Gamestop and Walmart for two weeks, and TRU gets in a mass shipment for Friday morning.

Activision learned their lesson from last year. New waves for Giants hit in massive quantities, the scalping market has dwindled down to people that get them before release and people that think a figure that has different color lips is rare and valuable. It has been hilarious watching the hoarders clear the shelf of figures only to show up the next day and they are filled again.

#29 ManchildofPV

ManchildofPV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

gee whiz i have both of these figures if anyone wants to trade XD

#30 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

gee whiz i have both of these figures if anyone wants to trade XD

Eyebrawl and Thumpback? I'm interested in them if you want to trade.