Photo
- - - - -

Skylanders Giants Thumpback/ Eye Brawl Gamestop ONLINE NOW

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Man I totally see not getting into Skylanders now biting me in the ass later. I can totally see the collectibility on this, and the kids playing these games now will definitely want to get all of the figures later. Maybe I should start getting into this as an investment? Plus I've always been interested in the game.

#32 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I sold most of them already, but okay. There may be 600 up there, but they are still going for $45ish a piece. As long as I can pay for my 3 figures, I don't mind *only* tripling what I paid.

You must be from SD

#33 ishkabibbel2000

ishkabibbel2000

The one true Ishkabibbel!

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Man I totally see not getting into Skylanders now biting me in the ass later. I can totally see the collectibility on this, and the kids playing these games now will definitely want to get all of the figures later. Maybe I should start getting into this as an investment? Plus I've always been interested in the game.

If you're considering it, do it. The games are actually unbelievably fun. (I'm a 33 year old father of 5) Don't make the common collectibility mistake of "well, I missed getting in at the beginning so I'm not gonna start now". That leads to 5 years down the road saying, "Well, I had a chance to get in at Giants and I never got around to it".

#34 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I got both at target today in NC they had quite a few for sell. I like the collection aspect of it, even though its might expensive on my wallet. People actually do pay decent price on Amazon for them and the old starter kits for the first one. B2G1 50% and they had all of them except ninjina which i'm waiting for. I hate gamestop or I would have already picked up hotdog and zap those are the 2 I have been waiting for. Haven't even opened mine yet

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I got both at target today in NC they had quite a few for sell. I like the collection aspect of it, even though its might expensive on my wallet. People actually do pay decent price on Amazon for them and the old starter kits for the first one. B2G1 50% and they had all of them except ninjina which i'm waiting for. I hate gamestop or I would have already picked up hotdog and zap those are the 2 I have been waiting for. Haven't even opened mine yet

I expect that since I didn't go to Target this morning that I missed the latest shipment. I want these 2, but I don't feel like hunting all over for them. Hopefully they will be easier to find in a few more weeks.

#36 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I expect that since I didn't go to Target this morning that I missed the latest shipment. I want these 2, but I don't feel like hunting all over for them. Hopefully they will be easier to find in a few more weeks.

I already sold eye brawl on amazon for $38 and I posted it about an hour ago.

#37 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I sold most of them already, but okay. There may be 600 up there, but they are still going for $45ish a piece. As long as I can pay for my 3 figures, I don't mind *only* tripling what I paid.

Ok, great, enjoy your windfall. But, don't complain when you can't find a figure later or about the Ebay mark ups. Or about other deals that can't be found because of flippers from SlickDeals. You know, your selfish mindset is the kind of thing that ruins it for everyone.

I've got mine, I got there first, now PAY ME. Then whining when someone else gets there first. It's all fun and games until you pull the short straw. And there are far more short straws than long ones. Karma is like that.

#38 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I already sold eye brawl on amazon for $38 and I posted it about an hour ago.

Whyd you quote my post

#39 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Go to ToysRUs on Friday morning at opening. They will have them. You will pay a dollar more there, but they have an "Event" scheduled.

#40 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Go to ToysRUs on Friday morning at opening. They will have them. You will pay a dollar more there, but they have an "Event" scheduled.

Thanks, I probably will. Do you know if it'll be limited to 1 figure per person or will I be able to get one of each?

#41 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I don't recall whining. I'm not all that worried about the figures, I just happened to see them while I was buying a juicer, lol. Thumpback has been my most wanted fig since release, and I generally buy a few extra's to pay for mine. I personally think even $14.99 is ridiculous, which is why I prefer to cover the cost of mine by selling to impatient people.

If that's completely different from the hundreds of people who flip sale games and post about it here, then i'm sorry it bothers you. I don't feel guilty in the least.

Not a problem, just an observation. Why would you feel guilt for profiting off your hard work of simply being in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of someone that isn't so lucky? I'm sure those parents looking to buy their kid a toy appreciate your ingenuity in funding your gaming habits through their wallet.

And flipping is flipping.

#42 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thanks, I probably will. Do you know if it'll be limited to 1 figure per person or will I be able to get one of each?

Mine always does one per unique figure per person. Two of each if they have a good supply. Get there a few minutes early in case of a line, they are sending out a blast email tomorrow announcing the "Event" as I understand, so it won't be a secret.

#43 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Just got shipping confirmation for my eye brawl, really wish I could have got thumpback also. One is better than none and eye brawl was my sons top choice so this works out well. Thanks again for posting op

#44 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Mine always does one per unique figure per person. Two of each if they have a good supply. Get there a few minutes early in case of a line, they are sending out a blast email tomorrow announcing the "Event" as I understand, so it won't be a secret.

Thanks. I drop my kids off at pre-school at 9:15 and it's about 15 minutes from there...so if they open at 10 that should be good enough timing.

#45 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Stopped by Gamestop after work and just sold the last Thumpback and Eye Brawler.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Can't find these guys ANYWHERE in Orlando. Seems TRU has Hot Head so I'm gonna go there tomorrow.
Posted Image

#47 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I saw at least 4-5 of each of these at a local Target tonight. Plus they had a Hot Head. Even saw the mushroom guy in a single pack (only have seen him in triple pack thing).

#48 Tgibby86

Tgibby86

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Can't find these guys ANYWHERE in Orlando. Seems TRU has Hot Head so I'm gonna go there tomorrow.

I live in Millenia area, and I had been checking the Best Buy, Target, TRU, and 2 GameStops in this area for the past week. The GameStop by Target in this area had 2 of each today, and I picked up 1 Thumpback and 1 Eye Brawl, was disappointed they only had 2 of each, but I didn't want to prevent anyone else from getting them, I'm just a collector, not someone trying to make a profit off of these.

Anywho, I checked with TRU before I picked mine up at GameStop and they are doing an event Friday and will have them in stock (no clue as to how many), also confirmed with the Toys R Us by Florida Mall.

#49 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

This event sounds cool... Any other details other than"we will have them in stock?" Event implies promos, sales, giveaways, something. I have only seen news of this in this post and am very curious...

#50 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

This event sounds cool... Any other details other than"we will have them in stock?" Event implies promos, sales, giveaways, something. I have only seen news of this in this post and am very curious...

Not with ToysRus:roll:.
For New York (at least), they're offering a nice $3.00 mark-up per Giant character, and a nice bitch slap if you don't like the price. I think there's a Buy 2 get 1 all week (don't quote me on that). But the markup ($12.49 for regulars and $18.xx per giant) nullifies most of the possible savings.

I've been searching most of the week to see if I could find them elsewhere (and avoid the ToysRus tax), but it has not worked out.

#51 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Not with ToysRus:roll:.
For New York (at least), they're offering a nice $3.00 mark-up per Giant character, and a nice bitch slap if you don't like the price. I think there's a Buy 2 get 1 all week (don't quote me on that). But the markup ($12.49 for regulars and $18.xx per giant) nullifies most of the possible savings.

I've been searching most of the week to see if I could find them elsewhere (and avoid the ToysRus tax), but it has not worked out.

"Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on all Skylanders single character figures. Excludes Giants figures, in-store only."

Meaning it's to clear out the series 1 figures to help make more room for series 2. They've had specials like this (B2G1, B1G1 50% off, B1G1 75% off) since before Christmas. If it would work in Giants, I would probably be picking up Eyebrawl, Thumpback, and get a Legendary Bouncer as my 3rd free one. I know, in my dreams.
Posted Image

#52 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

No, that's why I put "Event" in quotes. I don't consider them getting in stock to be an Event.

#53 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Found the last Eye Brawl at Wal-Mart this morning. Nothing at Target or Gamestop. So hopefully I can get to TRU tomorrow, get Thump Back, and finish hunting these things down for a while.

#54 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Good to know they are out, I've been sick of waiting. I think my kid is getting Thumpback and Eye brawl and then he's done. He's got $40 in Target GC so that's that. Ninjini in June? No thank you.

#55 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Good to know they are out, I've been sick of waiting. I think my kid is getting Thumpback and Eye brawl and then he's done. He's got $40 in Target GC so that's that. Ninjini in June? No thank you.

Sucks that it's coming that late. When I saw the line-up, Ninjini was the only Giant I really wanted. I mean, both a Ninja and a Genie? WANT.

A giant bee? Meh.
Posted Image

#56 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Just found thumpback at my local GS! They also had the hotdog triple pack so I grabbed it as well. The boy is going to be in for a big surprise once he gets home from school.

#57 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Sucks that it's coming that late. When I saw the line-up, Ninjini was the only Giant I really wanted. I mean, both a Ninja and a Genie? WANT.

A giant bee? Meh.

You are fairly unique in that assessment. Pink Ninja Barbie isn't going to go over that great with the target audience, pre-teen boys. I'm surprised they held her for last instead one of the two that just came out.

#58 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Just found thumpback at my local GS! They also had the hotdog triple pack so I grabbed it as well. The boy is going to be in for a big surprise once he gets home from school.

Were you able to get a "mini" also?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#59 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

You are fairly unique in that assessment. Pink Ninja Barbie isn't going to go over that great with the target audience, pre-teen boys. I'm surprised they held her for last instead one of the two that just came out.

I wouldn't say that. Little girls love this game too. Mine has been excitedly waiting for both Hot Dog and Ninjini since the characters were revealed. I know it's not an isolated incident.

#60 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Were you able to get a "mini" also?

I totally forgot about those, is that deal still going on? I may try and go back if it is.

Edit- I just found my answer. It's good through 1/31, guess I need to call them up and run back. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit 2- the gs I bought them at were sold out of them but a different gs had two of them in stock. Got whisper elf and Gil runt

Edited by Brother Daz, 24 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.