Skylanders Giants Thumpback/ Eye Brawl Gamestop ONLINE NOW

I was able to get a order in for eye brawl, every time I added thump back to my cart I was told its not available anymore. I hope the eye brawl goes through. Thanks a bunch, my son is going to be super stoked!

I was able to order both but did so in separate orders since when i first seen it only thumpback was in stock.After i checked out and everything i went back and then eye brawl showed up in stock so i placed another order for him.

No biggie its only an extra $3.49 shipping so its not worth the hassle of trying to get it combined to one shipment ext..

You know i am pretty curious about skylanders. I heard that you can beat the game with the starter figures.

I just don't get all the buzz about the figures. Are they a big deal? Are people reselling them? Will they make me the very best? You have to buy them all?

[quote name='DemonKysho']You know i am pretty curious about skylanders. I heard that you can beat the game with the starter figures.

I just don't get all the buzz about the figures. Are they a big deal? Are people reselling them? Will they make me the very best? You have to buy them all?[/QUOTE]

good luck reselling the starters from the skylanders ds set (besides the dark spryo ) i have 3 sets i cant even trade off for any other figures

[quote name='slidecage']good luck reselling the starters from the skylanders ds set (besides the dark spryo ) i have 3 sets i cant even trade off for any other figures[/QUOTE]

Which do you have doubles of? And how much would you want to sell them for? Trigger happy is one we're looking for.

[quote name='DemonKysho']You know i am pretty curious about skylanders. I heard that you can beat the game with the starter figures.

I just don't get all the buzz about the figures. Are they a big deal? Are people reselling them? Will they make me the very best? You have to buy them all?[/QUOTE]

No, you can beat it just fine with just the starter, and get most achieves. Some are better than others, but it depends on your playstyle what works best for you. If your goal is just to beat the game and move on, stick with the starters and see how that goes.

The draw is the collection aspect, think action figure collecting. There is a good amount of replay value, and they work across many games - online, console, portable and mobile. Every figure stores data, and unlocks the ability to play them in game. It's fun, particularly if you have kids.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Which do you have doubles of? And how much would you want to sell them for? Trigger happy is one we're looking for.[/QUOTE]

The DS Starter for the first game has Stealth Elf, Ignitor & Dark Spyro. Trigger Happy is in the console Starter or you can get him as a figure for the second game (it works in both), or the Legendary version from ToysRUs.

Just makes it easier to finish the game and especially on nightmare. Have over 20 and my son uses the ones that does melee and I use the ones with range attacks. I would only get the ones that fit your playing style or if you can get them cheap. Still have 2 light core still in the box from the BB sale.

[quote name='Marauder7']Just makes it easier to finish the game and especially on nightmare. Have over 20 and my son uses the ones that does melee and I use the ones with range attacks. I would only get the ones that fit your playing style or if you can get them cheap. Still have 2 light core still in the box from the BB sale.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm glad we have 32 of the little bastards. I've been running nightmare at night solo while he's sleeping, it would be a pain to do with only 3 figures.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Which do you have doubles of? And how much would you want to sell them for? Trigger happy is one we're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Stealth Elf, Ignitor are the 2 i have (well 6 i have since i have 3 sets)

bad thing they are a major pain in the ass to ship though cause you have to put them in a freaking 2/3 day box what kills is the shipping price.

I picked both of these up at Target on Monday. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta. The detail on both figures is awesome, but Thumpback is particularly impressive.

[quote name='HuskerStorm']Dangit I missed it :( My kids want these two sooooo dang bad![/QUOTE]

A lot of kids want these and Hot Dog.

[quote name='Marauder7']A lot of kids want these and Hot Dog.[/QUOTE]

Hot Dog is currently only available in the Scorpion Striker pack, which is exclusive to GameStop in the month of January. I just picked it up and a series 2 Zook (still don't have series 1) yesterday. No luck on Eyebrawl or Thumpback for me.

Picked up the Scorpion Striker Pack, Thumpback, and Eyebrawl at Gamestop in-store the other day. Still need to find a Camo and Legendary Stealth Elf. Argh.

[quote name='deftrance']Picked up the Scorpion Striker Pack, Thumpback, and Eyebrawl at Gamestop in-store the other day. Still need to find a Camo and Legendary Stealth Elf. Argh.[/QUOTE]

Get you a Camo... He's fun as hell, probably one of my favorites.

[quote name='ishkabibbel2000']Get you a Camo... He's fun as hell, probably one of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that

Camo is the best when me and my son play we always use a Camo/ Drobot or Prism Break combo and we tear the game up.

[quote name='suburbanjoe']Only Camo I've seen is in leftover Camo-Warnado-Ignitor three packs at Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up one of those for my son last week. Luckily we still needed all 3 of those characters.

[quote name='ishkabibbel2000']Hot Dog is currently only available in the Scorpion Striker pack, which is exclusive to GameStop in the month of January. I just picked it up and a series 2 Zook (still don't have series 1) yesterday. No luck on Eyebrawl or Thumpback for me.[/QUOTE]

Refuse to spend 25 for Hot Dog when I already have Zap and don't need the item. Already got suckered into purchasing the Crypt and Pirate ship.

[quote name='deftrance']Picked up the Scorpion Striker Pack, Thumpback, and Eyebrawl at Gamestop in-store the other day. Still need to find a Camo and Legendary Stealth Elf. Argh.[/QUOTE]

Best bet is to goto TRU and pick them up. Saw a ton of triple pack with Camo, Incinerator, and Warnado and Legendary Stealth Elf. Would pick these up for you but I think S&H + Tax would make this little on the expensive side.

found thumpback and eye brawl at my local (Durham, NC) best buy this morning, along with the rest of the wave 3 guys, so they're finally showing up there.

[quote name='Flowstance']Just found both of these at Best Buy. Snatched every single one of course. They had lightcore Shroom Boom as well.[/QUOTE]

Obvious troll is obvious. But, I'll play along. Hang on to your receipt, there are currently over 600 for each them up on Ebay right now and the price is fast approaching retail. They have been out at Gamestop and Walmart for two weeks, and TRU gets in a mass shipment for Friday morning.

Activision learned their lesson from last year. New waves for Giants hit in massive quantities, the scalping market has dwindled down to people that get them before release and people that think a figure that has different color lips is rare and valuable. It has been hilarious watching the hoarders clear the shelf of figures only to show up the next day and they are filled again.

[quote name='ManchildofPV']gee whiz i have both of these figures if anyone wants to trade XD[/QUOTE]

Eyebrawl and Thumpback? I'm interested in them if you want to trade.

[quote name='defpally']Obvious troll is obvious. But, I'll play along. Hang on to your receipt, there are currently over 600 for each them up on Ebay right now and the price is fast approaching retail. They have been out at Gamestop and Walmart for two weeks, and TRU gets in a mass shipment for Friday morning.

Activision learned their lesson from last year. New waves for Giants hit in massive quantities, the scalping market has dwindled down to people that get them before release and people that think a figure that has different color lips is rare and valuable. It has been hilarious watching the hoarders clear the shelf of figures only to show up the next day and they are filled again.[/QUOTE]

I sold most of them already, but okay. There may be 600 up there, but they are still going for $45ish a piece. As long as I can pay for my 3 figures, I don't mind *only* tripling what I paid.

Man I totally see not getting into Skylanders now biting me in the ass later. I can totally see the collectibility on this, and the kids playing these games now will definitely want to get all of the figures later. Maybe I should start getting into this as an investment? Plus I've always been interested in the game.

[quote name='Flowstance']I sold most of them already, but okay. There may be 600 up there, but they are still going for $45ish a piece. As long as I can pay for my 3 figures, I don't mind *only* tripling what I paid.[/QUOTE]

You must be from SD

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Man I totally see not getting into Skylanders now biting me in the ass later. I can totally see the collectibility on this, and the kids playing these games now will definitely want to get all of the figures later. Maybe I should start getting into this as an investment? Plus I've always been interested in the game.[/QUOTE]

If you're considering it, do it. The games are actually unbelievably fun. (I'm a 33 year old father of 5) Don't make the common collectibility mistake of "well, I missed getting in at the beginning so I'm not gonna start now". That leads to 5 years down the road saying, "Well, I had a chance to get in at Giants and I never got around to it".

I got both at target today in NC they had quite a few for sell. I like the collection aspect of it, even though its might expensive on my wallet. People actually do pay decent price on Amazon for them and the old starter kits for the first one. B2G1 50% and they had all of them except ninjina which i'm waiting for. I hate gamestop or I would have already picked up hotdog and zap those are the 2 I have been waiting for. Haven't even opened mine yet

[quote name='wingzero16']I got both at target today in NC they had quite a few for sell. I like the collection aspect of it, even though its might expensive on my wallet. People actually do pay decent price on Amazon for them and the old starter kits for the first one. B2G1 50% and they had all of them except ninjina which i'm waiting for. I hate gamestop or I would have already picked up hotdog and zap those are the 2 I have been waiting for. Haven't even opened mine yet[/QUOTE]

I expect that since I didn't go to Target this morning that I missed the latest shipment. I want these 2, but I don't feel like hunting all over for them. Hopefully they will be easier to find in a few more weeks.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I expect that since I didn't go to Target this morning that I missed the latest shipment. I want these 2, but I don't feel like hunting all over for them. Hopefully they will be easier to find in a few more weeks.[/QUOTE]

I already sold eye brawl on amazon for $38 and I posted it about an hour ago.

[quote name='Flowstance']I sold most of them already, but okay. There may be 600 up there, but they are still going for $45ish a piece. As long as I can pay for my 3 figures, I don't mind *only* tripling what I paid.[/QUOTE]

Ok, great, enjoy your windfall. But, don't complain when you can't find a figure later or about the Ebay mark ups. Or about other deals that can't be found because of flippers from SlickDeals. You know, your selfish mindset is the kind of thing that ruins it for everyone.

I've got mine, I got there first, now PAY ME. Then whining when someone else gets there first. It's all fun and games until you pull the short straw. And there are far more short straws than long ones. Karma is like that.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I expect that since I didn't go to Target this morning that I missed the latest shipment. I want these 2, but I don't feel like hunting all over for them. Hopefully they will be easier to find in a few more weeks.[/QUOTE]

Go to ToysRUs on Friday morning at opening. They will have them. You will pay a dollar more there, but they have an "Event" scheduled.

[quote name='defpally']Ok, great, enjoy your windfall. But, don't complain when you can't find a figure later or about the Ebay mark ups. Or about other deals that can't be found because of flippers from SlickDeals. You know, your selfish mindset is the kind of thing that ruins it for everyone.

I've got mine, I got there first, now PAY ME. Then whining when someone else gets there first. It's all fun and games until you pull the short straw. And there are far more short straws than long ones. Karma is like that.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall whining. I'm not all that worried about the figures, I just happened to see them while I was buying a juicer, lol. Thumpback has been my most wanted fig since release, and I generally buy a few extra's to pay for mine. I personally think even $14.99 is ridiculous, which is why I prefer to cover the cost of mine by selling to impatient people.

If that's completely different from the hundreds of people who flip sale games and post about it here, then i'm sorry it bothers you. I don't feel guilty in the least.

[quote name='defpally']Go to ToysRUs on Friday morning at opening. They will have them. You will pay a dollar more there, but they have an "Event" scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I probably will. Do you know if it'll be limited to 1 figure per person or will I be able to get one of each?

[quote name='Flowstance']I don't recall whining. I'm not all that worried about the figures, I just happened to see them while I was buying a juicer, lol. Thumpback has been my most wanted fig since release, and I generally buy a few extra's to pay for mine. I personally think even $14.99 is ridiculous, which is why I prefer to cover the cost of mine by selling to impatient people.

If that's completely different from the hundreds of people who flip sale games and post about it here, then i'm sorry it bothers you. I don't feel guilty in the least.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, just an observation. Why would you feel guilt for profiting off your hard work of simply being in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of someone that isn't so lucky? I'm sure those parents looking to buy their kid a toy appreciate your ingenuity in funding your gaming habits through their wallet.

And flipping is flipping.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Thanks, I probably will. Do you know if it'll be limited to 1 figure per person or will I be able to get one of each?[/QUOTE]

Mine always does one per unique figure per person. Two of each if they have a good supply. Get there a few minutes early in case of a line, they are sending out a blast email tomorrow announcing the "Event" as I understand, so it won't be a secret.

Just got shipping confirmation for my eye brawl, really wish I could have got thumpback also. One is better than none and eye brawl was my sons top choice so this works out well. Thanks again for posting op

[quote name='defpally']Mine always does one per unique figure per person. Two of each if they have a good supply. Get there a few minutes early in case of a line, they are sending out a blast email tomorrow announcing the "Event" as I understand, so it won't be a secret.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I drop my kids off at pre-school at 9:15 and it's about 15 minutes from there...so if they open at 10 that should be good enough timing.

bread's done
Back