• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 TheLastGunslinger

TheLastGunslinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

The PS3 version is showing up for $59.99 at Walmart, NewEgg and Gamestop.
[Sig goes here]

#2 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

For what it's worth they did make a lot of pretty good changes. Granted i never played XIV when it was "terrible", but i think the games foundation is pretty solid. I think they should of changed the number to XV, because i am pretty sure the stigma from XIV is still there.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#3 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

If the beta's good, I'll buy it. I loved XI and wished I had joined sooner while it was more active

Still kind of mad how they handled Legendary Players though, its not like any of us PS3 players had a chance to become one <_<. So we have to pay 5$ a month more
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I don't see why I should have to pay a monthly fee

If they were smart, they would waive the fee for ps+ customers

#5 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Wait so the monthly fee is going to be more then $10?
I'm reading their payments page and it says $10. Is it going to increase when the realm reborn comes out?
http://lodestone.fin...nvi/envi04.html

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#6 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I was pretty sure it was 15$ for any new member, 10$ for anyone who played the original XIV for longer than a certain amount of time
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm guessing the pricing on that page isn't for the PS3 version, as it says those prices aren't for version 2.0. I don't seen any info on the version 2.0 pricing, but my guess would be $15/month based on Squeenix's hubris.
To each his own.

#8 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I heard that both ps3 and pc players can play together in this game. Can anyone confirm?
Come check out my Trade thread!

#9 Brimah

Brimah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I heard that both ps3 and pc players can play together in this game. Can anyone confirm?

Sure they can, in FFXI, PS2, Xbox 360 and PC all played together.

#10 William_Birkin

William_Birkin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Yes, PC and PS3 players will be able to play together once FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is officially released.

#11 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Wow games are still trying to push monthly fees? This is going to bomb badly.
tl

#12 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

A monthly fee doesn't mean a game is going to bomb. For a little more than a movie ticket, you get a month of game time. I know some people are cheap here but my god...

A game bombs because the content is garbage. FFXI is the most successful Final Fantasy of all time monetarily speaking thanks to the monthly subs and I played that for 5 years lol.

#13 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Wow games are still trying to push monthly fees? This is going to bomb badly.

FFXI's still charging Sub fees, and it's over 10 years old. WoW is the other obvious example.

People are still willing to pay for a good MMO -- problem is, companies usually only go one way or the other ("It's so different no one will buy it, so lets make it F2P or Pay once, play forever!" or "Well, we'll do a half-assed copy of WoW and charge a sub and make MILLIONS!!!")

I can say that FFXIV strikes a great balance between WoW clone while making just enough things different to make it it's own (and yes, it -feels- like a Final Fantasy).

I really do hope it doesn't bomb, but mainly because Yoshi-P, the lead developer, seems to be the only guy inside Square-Enix that understands how great Final Fantasy used to be and is trying his damnedest to replicate that.

#14 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

A monthly fee doesn't mean a game is going to bomb. For a little more than a movie ticket, you get a month of game time. I know some people are cheap here but my god...

A game bombs because the content is garbage. FFXI is the most successful Final Fantasy of all time monetarily speaking thanks to the monthly subs and I played that for 5 years lol.

This.

I'm really looking forward to it myself. Actually signed up for the beta with 3 accounts lol (If I manage to get in more than once I'll give the others to friends).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Legacy status members monthly fee is $10, it's a thank you for those who stuck around when it changed from F2P to P2P before closure of 1.0. I already pre-ordered it on PS3 even though I have it on PC. I figured I'd like to stay in bed and level in front of a huge TV. :applause:
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#16 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I see what you guys are saying, but even PC MMOs have gone away from the monthly sub profit model. It's not a viable structure anymore, unless you are already established and have a huge existing player base such as WoW. It will be an even tougher sell to PS3 gamers. I don't see this ending well.
tl

#17 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I see what you guys are saying, but even PC MMOs have gone away from the monthly sub profit model. It's not a viable structure anymore, unless you are already established and have a huge existing player base such as WoW. It will be an even tougher sell to PS3 gamers. I don't see this ending well.

People said this when FFXI came out on the PS2. Square-Enix is the only company releasing a PS2 game this year and it's an expansion to FFXI.

They'll pay if the content is good and the price is right for the content.

#18 endofaera

endofaera

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

FYI for people who don't know, you get a better chance of getting into PS3 FFXIV ARR beta with FFXIII Square-Enix members code.

#19 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

FYI for people who don't know, you get a better chance of getting into PS3 FFXIV ARR beta with FFXIII Square-Enix members code.

I wonder if they accepted XIII-2 ones either <_<. I had 3 members codes in my LE case, but I had no idea which was which.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

People said this when FFXI came out on the PS2. Square-Enix is the only company releasing a PS2 game this year and it's an expansion to FFXI.

They'll pay if the content is good and the price is right for the content.

And if not people won't pay and will stop playing even if it's F2P. If SE makes a fun MMO they'll have addicts for another ten years. If not people will stop playing after the 30 days and continue playing FFXI and talk about how bad FFXIV and go back to working on their mythics.

#21 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Charging a monthly fee at this point is bullshit, especially when the game was so goddamn broken that they had to completely scrap it and start over again. My wife and her family have played FFXI since launch but she recently decided to give up the monthly fee...POOF goes her character despite almost a decade of monthly payments. Fuck that, and Fuck this game if they keep it up. You're playing Squeenix a monthly fee to play with their action figures.

uc.png

#22 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Ffxi is a sub because it came out 10 years ago and it can sustain itself on it niche market. WoW wAs an anomaly that will never ever happen again. Unless SE is Ok with a niche market it will probably go f2p or b2p within the year assuming they care about ps3 players but considering FFXI on ps2, I doubt it.

At best Se wants to make back it initially investment b4 going b2p or f2p.

#23 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Ffxi is a sub because it came out 10 years ago and it can sustain itself on it niche market. WoW wAs an anomaly that will never ever happen again. Unless SE is Ok with a niche market it will probably go f2p or b2p within the year assuming they care about ps3 players but considering FFXI on ps2, I doubt it.

At best Se wants to make back it initially investment b4 going b2p or f2p.

DQX is pay to play and that's doing just fine.

#24 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

It's also Wii only (soon Wii U).
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#25 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Charging a monthly fee at this point is bullshit, especially when the game was so goddamn broken that they had to completely scrap it and start over again. My wife and her family have played FFXI since launch but she recently decided to give up the monthly fee...POOF goes her character despite almost a decade of monthly payments. Fuck that, and Fuck this game if they keep it up. You're playing Squeenix a monthly fee to play with their action figures.

You do realize you don't lose your character if you stop paying your sub right? People go back to ffxi after years of not playing and the characters are still there. It's the same with WoW too.

#26 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

I wish it was f2p but im kinda glad its not like those other mmo(i hope im right) where to be superior you have to buy in game content w/ real $. (consumables, power ups, weapons, etc)

#27 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Too early to tell if the population hangs around, and technically they have a hybrid system in place already where you don't have to pay beyond initial purchase if you play specifically during the free two hours a day that everyone has access to.

#28 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I was in the alpha and it was pretty good. It was like wow but with a Final Fantasy twist. If you like how wow plays and have been slightly interested in FFXI or XIV but the games were not up to par, you will prob like this.

#29 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

nice price in thanks OP need to pick up an Amazon code from BB with gift cards

Kamagii.png

#30 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Played the Alpha, game is much much better then it used to be.