FS: Trade 1 for $40 gift card

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Via RFD and GAF Canadian Gaming Deals thread..

Trade 1 game and receive a $40 gift card. This had been trade two for $60. So depending on the list, which will be updated on Friday, it could be the best we've seen.

Also of note:
3DS XL $159.99
PlayStation 3 160GB $179.99
And various game deals.

FS Trade In List: http://www.futuresho...ames/27603.aspx

Posted Image

#2 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Is this Quebec only, or something happening next week? I just did 2 for 60 today and saw no mention of it.

#3 kn420994

kn420994

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

This is the French version of this Friday's flyer. The text next to the Hitman HD Collection says that trading in one game will give you a $40 gift card.

#4 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Is this Quebec only, or something happening next week? I just did 2 for 60 today and saw no mention of it.

It will be Canada wide, but this is a Quebec flyer as they get them a bit earlier sometimes. Trade 2 for $60 is still active until Friday, when this kicks in.

#5 Opopanax

Opopanax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

I hope Best Buy does it too, and I really hope they keep the same list

#6 rana09

rana09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I hope Best Buy does it too,

Why? What does Best Buy offer that Futureshop doesnt?

#7 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Sly Cooper's back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

If it's the same list, I'll get rid of RE6 (which I didn't like) and use the credit to buy Madden '13 or (if they happen to have it) Tales Of Graces F.

brighat2007.png

#8 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I hope they don't realize people could technically buy Batman Arkham City GOTY for $30, remove the wrap, and trade it in for a $40 gift card.

#9 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

They have a way better trade list at Best Buy right now.

If it's the same list, I'll get rid of RE6 (which I didn't like) and use the credit to buy Madden '13 or (if they happen to have it) Tales Of Graces F.

If you go for Tales of Graces F make sure you PM EB Games.
Posted Image

#10 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

That trade list is currently for the T2 for $60 deal.

The list will MOST LIKELY be update when the $40 deal goes live tomorrow.

Gameplays, reviews, and just havin' fun...
www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000

#11 Skizza306

Skizza306

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hmm, I hope that list stays legit actually, I just picked up a copy of Tiger Woods '13 from a clearout bin at Shopper's for $9.99 yesterday. Would be pretty nice to flip that for $40.

#12 Opopanax

Opopanax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Reward points. I already have enough for a $5 gift card, plus if I use that and this $40 towards a preorder I get another $10 card

#13 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Be aware that people have noticed fine print in the flyer stating "Valid on PlayStation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, PS Vita and 3DS games. See futureshop.ca/usedgames for full details and list of eligible trade titles. Games must include boxes. No duplicate titles accepted, regardless of console. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. See in-store for details. Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game."

This could mean you have to apply the credit to something and you're not receiving an actual gift card? Not sure. Let us know if anyone does tradeins today, what the outcome is!

#14 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sounds like the fine print that would be on that page if it was saying that it's a trade 1 specifically for Hitman. Could just be the wrong text in one spot.

I noticed that if you head to that link, there's nothing about trade 1 get 40, and they still only have the lists for the trade 2 get 60 deal.

#15 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Someone on RFD is reporting it is for Hitman only.

Someone on GAF this morning had a Futureshop give them the trade 2 for $60 promo from last week (even did it twice for them).

Looks like this is Hitman only, but YMMV, I guess.

#16 catalyst777

catalyst777

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

FS has updated their trade in list to reflect this deal.

#17 JamesSoprano

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

here's the Link

http://www.futuresho...40a2828c302en01

( at first it was showing up 2 for $60 like it was before ) and after Refreshing a few times it fixed itself

i have Dishonored and I think the game is Mediocre at best. getting $40 for it after paying $34.50 at Boxing Week this is pretty good i'm getting my money back and then some ! :applause:

#18 chicoquente

chicoquente

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have hit refresh 10 times in 3 different browsers and I still see the $60 for 2 games. Can anyone confirm to me if RE6 for 360 and NSMB2 for 3DS are on the new list?

EDIT: Never mind, after wiping my cookies and then refreshing the page I see the new list.

#19 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

here's the Link

http://www.futuresho...40a2828c302en01

( at first it was showing up 2 for $60 like it was before ) and after Refreshing a few times it fixed itself

i have Dishonored and I think the game is Mediocre at best. getting $40 for it after paying $34.50 at Boxing Week this is pretty good i'm getting my money back and then some ! :applause:

I thought it was the best game of 2012 but I digress.

Ontopic: Just traded NFS Most Wanted for a gift card. Not too shabby considering I paid $30+tax for it.

#20 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Sly Cooper's back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

If you go for Tales of Graces F make sure you PM EB Games.

Turned out no Future Shop near me had Madden and none had ToGF. I heard Madden will drop to $20 by March so I decided to hold off. Instead, I sold RE6 on Kijiji for $20 and used the money to pay for ToGF at EB.

This deal is the talk of the "other site".

brighat2007.png

#21 JamesSoprano

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

I thought it was the best game of 2012 but I digress.

Ontopic: Just traded NFS Most Wanted for a gift card. Not too shabby considering I paid $30+tax for it.

I really wanted too like it .. really i did. but i'm like over half done the game and i'm thinking it's mediocre cause i don't don't like it and or like it at all. so i think it would be best to trade it in .. this is the first game ever i'm trading in.

#22 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Trade was good. Tossed games that I played once and were p much done with them. Thanks OP

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#23 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Got two trades out of this. Glad I didn't have any issues or anything.

#24 saad77

saad77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Was planning on trading 2 but only got one trade out of this. The guy said they had to restrict it because of issues.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this deal, so i'm happy with my trade!

#25 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Was planning on trading 2 but only got one trade out of this. The guy said they had to restrict it because of issues.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this deal, so i'm happy with my trade!

You could try a different Futureshop or going back on a different day. I just traded in Tekken Tag 2 today with the exact same CSR as yesterday. Funnily enough he didn't ask me for any of my personal info and just handed me a gift card both times, unlike the other employees who want personal info everytime I do a trade.

#26 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

You could try a different Futureshop or going back on a different day. I just traded in Tekken Tag 2 today with the exact same CSR as yesterday. Funnily enough he didn't ask me for any of my personal info and just handed me a gift card both times, unlike the other employees who want personal info everytime I do a trade.

I had same experience last week with the trade 2 deal, they didn't ask me ANYTHING. I was certain the last few times I had to at least give a phone number or something...

#27 nastynas

nastynas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

traded game of thrones (that i got from amazon for 19.99 with the art book bundle). mini guide was not required (ymmv though), and i kept the art book :D

#28 joker83

joker83

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

In the list there is Streeet Fighter X Tekken SE. Do they want the whole set with arcade toy and codes?

#29 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Usually they ask for a phone number at my two local Futureshops, but never ID.

I'm glad to hear most people are having success with this.

#30 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Tanks I traded in COD MW3 yesterday. No problem but it was fun listening to the 2nd CSR criticize through out the transaction how ridicules this deal was ;) In the end she said "At least the customer is happy"
Posted Image