FS: Trade 1 for $40 gift card

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

To those who were shut down trying to trade more than one game: do you know if you're able to go back a different day and trade successfully, or is it tied to your phone number?

#32 Klopzi

Klopzi

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I traded in 4 games with the same CSR. I was told that it depended on the manager's discretion. If you were a regular customer spending enough money at the store, they'd be more likely to overlook the limit of 1 game.

Of course, this is all completely unofficial and I'm sure certain CSRs and managers could get some flak for allowing customers to abuse the promotion (so I won't name any names or store locations).

I got lucky. Paid $115 for 4 games back in December and traded them in for $160 of FS credit.

#33 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I just traded MW3 and Skyrim with no problem.

#34 JamesSoprano

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I trded my Dishonored finally today. but i was asked for my phone number and then i gave it too them and they said James.... ok and i was like .. um.. ok ?

but i got my $40 Card. :D

#35 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I trded my Dishonored finally today. but i was asked for my phone number and then i gave it too them and they said James.... ok and i was like .. um.. ok ?

but i got my $40 Card. :D

You most likely did a trade there before. I went with a friend to trade in Zone of the Enders Collection LE and they asked for my phone number. When my friend gave his phone number they also asked for his name since he wasn't in the system already.

#36 JamesSoprano

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

You most likely did a trade there before. I went with a friend to trade in Zone of the Enders Collection LE and they asked for my phone number. When my friend gave his phone number they also asked for his name since he wasn't in the system already.

maybe i have .. but can't remember. but maybe they asked it from me when i bought a Computer Monitor from there.

#37 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Thanks again to the OP, I just traded Sleeping Dogs for $40. I bought it from Futureshop for $20, completed it and got 1000/1000 achievement points, then they refunded my money and paid me $20 to play it. What a deal!

#38 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

This deal has been changed to Trade 2 for $60 this week. It's basically the same list, but worth less slightly now because it requires two titles.

#39 Hovercraft

Hovercraft

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

very interesting deal. Anyone know of any less than 30$ buys at other stores that qualify? From scanning ebgames website looks like Port Royale 3 and Major League baseball 2k13 are 24.99...

#40 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

very interesting deal. Anyone know of any less than 30$ buys at other stores that qualify? From scanning ebgames website looks like Port Royale 3 and Major League baseball 2k13 are 24.99...

Sounds like too much work for $10 (actually less after tax on your purchase and not getting it back on your gift card - you'd only get about $7.50). I'd say save your time.

#41 Hovercraft

Hovercraft

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Sounds like too much work for $10 (actually less after tax on your purchase and not getting it back on your gift card - you'd only get about $7.50). I'd say save your time.

Well I already have 1 qualifying game, just trying to find a 2nd one as cheap as possible

#42 Hyperglide

Hyperglide

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Anyone know what the trade in value for Max Payne 3 is? This game sucks and I want to trade it in.

#43 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Anyone know what the trade in value for Max Payne 3 is? This game sucks and I want to trade it in.

tivs.ca

#44 rana09

rana09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Max Payne 3 sucks? LoL go pick up Rayman Origin