• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 linkblc

linkblc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

http://www.ebgames.c...xclusive/107290

NECA is once again creating an exclusive replica lancer for gamestop to coincide with the release of Judgment. This one will be sporting a taxicab like camo titled "Car No. 13".

MSRP of 99.99

Edited by linkblc, 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#2 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

link's not working
(I would fix it but getting out of newbie stage takes forever)

#3 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

http://www.gamestop....xclusive/107290

Posted Image

#4 linkblc

linkblc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

link's not working
(I would fix it but getting out of newbie stage takes forever)

Fixed. Thank you.

#5 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ugly as f*ck

#6 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

lol more like Crazy Taxi Lancer

#7 ham

ham

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

As somebody who purchased the last two lancers, I going to pass on this one. I hope that's not how it's gonna look in the game!

#8 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I bought the Lancer from GoW3 last time. Wife wasn't too happy about it as I had my little boy (3 years old) hold it as I took a picture of it to show it off on FB.

This one looks ugly... IMHO.

#9 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

*judgment

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#10 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

my beholder eye must have cataracts, I think it looks awesome

#11 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I pre-ordered a retro lancer with my copy of Gears 3 from GameStop about 5 months prior to release. A couple of weeks before the game's launch I (as well as my friend who also ordered one) got an email saying the lancers will arrive late. Two months go by and I forgot about the lancer until I get another email from GameStop saying they still haven't gotten the lancers in and they gave me a free code for a Cole avatar plushie.

Four months after the game's release I cancelled the lancer order and got my $80 back. Another 3 months or so later I get another email from GameStop saying that they finally got the retro lancers in stock but they weren't the silver ones that were originally pre-ordered. They were the "cute" pink one or an ugly blue one and I get first chance at ordering them since they fucked the last order. Needless to say I passed.

To avoid that whole experience again and to avoid this hideous Crazy Taxi lancer, I'm going to pass again.

#12 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I pre-ordered a retro lancer with my copy of Gears 3 from GameStop about 5 months prior to release. A couple of weeks before the game's launch I (as well as my friend who also ordered one) got an email saying the lancers will arrive late. Two months go by and I forgot about the lancer until I get another email from GameStop saying they still haven't gotten the lancers in and they gave me a free code for a Cole avatar plushie.

Four months after the game's release I cancelled the lancer order and got my $80 back. Another 3 months or so later I get another email from GameStop saying that they finally got the retro lancers in stock but they weren't the silver ones that were originally pre-ordered. They were the "cute" pink one or an ugly blue one and I get first chance at ordering them since they fucked the last order. Needless to say I passed.

To avoid that whole experience again and to avoid this hideous Crazy Taxi lancer, I'm going to pass again.

you forgot to mention some coupon code for % off (50% ?) on NECA products at gamestop online. I think they only had some Assassin's Creed Flying Machine at the time.

also now that I think about it, I have no idea if I was ever charged for the lancer! I would think that the orders just got canceled... Going to have to dig through emails and old statements

#13 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

yeah.. same here... plus this one is just so damn ugly!... and It's ugly for no damn reason (That we know of)

#14 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

*judgment

This in every possible way. lol

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#15 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

you forgot to mention some coupon code for % off (50% ?) on NECA products at gamestop online. I think they only had some Assassin's Creed Flying Machine at the time.

also now that I think about it, I have no idea if I was ever charged for the lancer! I would think that the orders just got canceled... Going to have to dig through emails and old statements

Forgot about that coupon. I never used it. GameStop also made it a point to slide in that it is NECA's fault that the Lancers weren't in yet every time.

#16 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I assume this is going to be rare or something? Hence a MSRP post?
No offense OP, just curious.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.

#18 linkblc

linkblc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I assume this is going to be rare or something? Hence a MSRP post?
No offense OP, just curious.

All is well. That was my reasoning behind it since it would be a limited run and buyers will be lucky to even receive one given past events with the retro replica from 3.

#19 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ahhh the lancers are back. Last year my GF and i got screwed out of getting our by gamestop supposedly because of customs. They were FINALLY available in silly blue/pink colors but by then we were already burnt and said to hell with it.

#20 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I bought the Lancer from GoW3 last time. Wife wasn't too happy about it as I had my little boy (3 years old) hold it as I took a picture of it to show it off on FB.

I love this quote!!

1) Wife
2) Kid with weapon
3) FB

nuff'said.

on topic: not sure how 'exclusive' these are, cause at the end you'll have 20 - 30 lancers with paint variants. LOL! whoopie! :whee: :whee: :whee:
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#21 Attikus

Attikus

Mockingbird is dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

You and me both brother. EXACT same thing happened to me. Then you know what else? They put up some silver ones on the GS Power Up Rewards site(for 100k reward points). Fuck em, NECA typically makes crap quality goods(save for the action figures) anyways.
Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory...

My Zelda Shrine:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2v965tv.jpg

#22 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Looks horrible

#23 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

NECA sure knows how to bleed an idea dry. They should team up with Capcom.

#24 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

kinda ugly

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#25 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yuck

#26 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

so you are one of THOSE people. at least your wife sounds like a normal person

#27 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.

She knows its a multi-pass.
Posted Image

#28 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

These will be like the halo helmets that stockpiled and got marked down to $20....and still wouldnt sell.

#29 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

You and me both brother. EXACT same thing happened to me. Then you know what else? They put up some silver ones on the GS Power Up Rewards site(for 100k reward points). Fuck em, NECA typically makes crap quality goods(save for the action figures) anyways.

I remember seeing the rewards ones. I got to hold one of the Lancers at SDCC. It seems like pretty decent quality.

#30 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

This ugly car #13 lancer reminds me of...

Posted Image
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga