PS3 160gb slim and 250gb super slim on sale at BB

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 tekron

tekron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

i have a feeling the standard price of the super slim will be 199 by the end of Q1 2013

#62 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Last night I checked how warm our superslim gets. It does put some heat out of the vent, but nothing outrageous. The case is a little warm at the vent too. It seems pretty normal levels of heat. I can't compare to the other models, though, as this is our first.

#63 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

i have a feeling the standard price of the super slim will be 199 by the end of Q1 2013

It's a possibility. I also have a feeling that the new PlayStation will come out later this year. From the rumors, it doesn't look like it's going to be BC so I know I'm not going to get one at launch. There's so much uncertainty regarding the two new consoles...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#64 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

No heat issue and other people I know that has it had no heat issues either. Thing is quiet and doesn't get hot for me. Beats my Phat PS3 that's for sure. I have zero complaints about it.

To be fair. I recall lots of people saying that about the PS3 slim as well, and the regular slim to me gets pretty damn hot. I don't know if the original fat PS3 was an inferno or what, but people were saying the slim was such a huge improvement over the original fat PS3 and yet I was surprised at how piping hot it would get (compared to every gaming system I'd owned in the past, and my laptop).

For a 3rd generation PS3, I would almost want it to be "Wii"-like. Where not only is heat not an "issue", but basically there is no discernible heat at all (or at most just "warmth" to it, which is about what my laptop is like if I do some gaming on it... but at idle or web browsng my laptop is 100% cool to the touch).

#65 bizzy74

bizzy74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

off topic anyone with a super slim find a way to stop the disk from spinning while the disk tray is closed??Besides opening the sliding door..so its not so loud at idle???

#66 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

off topic anyone with a super slim find a way to stop the disk from spinning while the disk tray is closed??Besides opening the sliding door..so its not so loud at idle???

Take the disc out?

#67 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

So if bestbuy removed the 160 GB from website , is it possible that they are in clearance at stores? I may have to check my local bestbuy, they still had some last week

I didn't see they were clearanced in store today. The closest BB has both the 160gb Slim and the 250gb Super Slim (Uncharted/Infamous/PS+ month) for $229.99 on sale.

#68 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Question about price adjustment, can I do it at any bestbuy store or do I have to go back to the store I bought it from?

#69 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Question about price adjustment, can I do it at any bestbuy store or do I have to go back to the store I bought it from?

If it's an online order, you have to call the hotline. If you bought it in store, then any store will be able to do the adjustment for you.

#70 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I always try to do in-store pickup cause PMing is over the phone. Even when I pre-order stuff.

#71 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Awesome thanks, yeah I bought it at the store