Photo
- - - - -

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for WiiU

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

The Wind Waker is an amazing game - the only part that really hurt it was the overly long, boring Triforce hunt. I actually liked the sailing/exploration aspect, but the shard hunt makes me not want to replay it again. Hell, even Miyamato hated it - here is his quote: ""I apologize that we didn't fix the triforce hunt at the end of the game. It was slow and dull." If not for that I would re-play this game (though I wouldn't buy a whole new console over an HD remake...)

#62 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I didn't get around to beating Wind Waker until a couple years ago so I'm not really ready to play through it again. But for those who haven't played it in a long time or ever, this is definitely good news. The game was very good with the exception of the minor complaints that others have mentioned, which I would imagine Nintendo will address in this release.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Pikmin 3, Super Mario World, F-Zero

#63 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

I don't really see how you can fix something like that though unless you just minimize to the point of it being radically different from the original. Maybe just go back to the Tower of the Gods but have it be completely different than before (MAGIC).

I just wish this new version had at least one of the 3 cut dungeons put back in it. That'd be really cool.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#64 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if all they do for the Triforce hunt is make Tingle's map prices cheaper. That's what was most tedious for me, having to go grind for rupees... Otherwise I actually enjoy the Triforce hunt, as it encourages (forces?) you to actually explore.

WW has some of the best "exploration" in any Zelda IMHO. So much to go out and discover/find (even if sailing is slow, I'll take slow exploration vs Skyward Swords "no" exploration any day).
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#65 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

I bought WW and a GC controller last year because I had quit on the triforce quest bit like 8 years ago. Finding them all took like 2 hours with the right gamefaq, and was kind of fun. The quest bits were terrible (ghost ship, teacher's house), and the clues were too vague. They should just cut Tingle altogether. I think I did better because I mapped most of the islands beforehand.

Sailing was actually fine. Once you're headed the right way, you can actually put the controller down and take a little break.

#66 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I know there is no chance but it would be cool to get Phantom Hourglass thrown in.

#67 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

I may have hallucinated but I thought I saw somewhere they were adding in content cut from the first?

#68 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I may have hallucinated but I thought I saw somewhere they were adding in content cut from the first?

A lot of people have mentioned it, but it's only speculation at this point. Nintendo hasn't officially announced anything.

Adding in cut dungeons would be a hell of a thing, though. I'd be seriously impressed.

#69 lee majors

lee majors

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't really see how you can fix something like that though unless you just minimize to the point of it being radically different from the original. Maybe just go back to the Tower of the Gods but have it be completely different than before (MAGIC).

I just wish this new version had at least one of the 3 cut dungeons put back in it. That'd be really cool.

Maybe the deleted dungeons can be incorporated into the triforce hunt? Instead of looking for map after map, you go to three dungeons where you get a triforce piece at the end instead of a heart container? I think that would make everyone very very happy.

#70 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Well, the deleted dungeons were Greatfish, Fire and Ice Islands, where you just ended up getting the items by going in and spending 90 seconds or so in each. So...probably not.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#71 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well, the deleted dungeons were Greatfish, Fire and Ice Islands, where you just ended up getting the items by going in and spending 90 seconds or so in each. So...probably not.

There is an IGN video where the game is being demoed and the guy asks the question and gets a "no comment" in response.  Kind of makes me hopeful.

They have announced a faster sail is available as well as Miiverse integration.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#72 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

In a recent interview, Eiji Aonuma put our uncertainties to rest. He said that there will not be a ‘hard mode’ in Zelda Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, nor will we see the dungeon that was cut before the original game’s release.

I guess that answers it.

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15, :ps3: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, :ps3: Jeopardy

#73 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

In a recent interview, Eiji Aonuma put our uncertainties to rest. He said that there will not be a ‘hard mode’ in Zelda Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, nor will we see the dungeon that was cut before the original game’s release.

I guess that answers it.

Boo.  They had the opportunity to do something really great and it sounds like they passed.  Probably wouldn't affect sales one way or the other though so I can see why...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#74 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Adding in those extra dungeons would've changed the story heavily, particularly Greatfish Isle.  Still, it looks better than what they showed back in January.  

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#75 Cephrain

Cephrain

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

This is simply another game to add to my collection. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, along with various first party titles such as Pikmin 3 are reason enough to love my WiiU. Now I'm just looking into getting a 3ds while waiting for WiiU stuff to be released.

Also, this remake will contain a few new features that weren't in the old version, probably to spruce it up a bit for those that already played it on Gamecube.

sV4Plzs.jpg

#76 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

He said the dungeons were used in Twilight Princess

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#77 Cephrain

Cephrain

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

He said the dungeons were used in Twilight Princess

Really now? I've never heard of that before. Even so, there are bound to be huge differences in a dungeon if you move it from one game to the next, especially considering the differences in items obtained.

sV4Plzs.jpg

#78 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=205211

He says "other games." I must have assumed TP.

He also says "cut" might not be the best word
http://www.gonintend...story&id=205311

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#79 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

They Removed the Tingle tuner?????? :censored:

Why could they not have implemented this with the 3DS or on the wii u gamepad?

I used it exculisvely solo for maps in dungeons/land masses to find things.

#80 Cephrain

Cephrain

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

I do think it's odd that they removed it when it would've been simple(?) to re-implement it as you suggested. Still, they did replace it with the message in a bottle hint system which is kind of neat, but I think they should've done both.

sV4Plzs.jpg

#81 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I do think it's odd that they removed it when it would've been simple(?) to re-implement it as you suggested. Still, they did replace it with the message in a bottle hint system which is kind of neat, but I think they should've done both.

How is a message in a bottle going to tell me where the hidden rupee is when i'm on that island any better then a map with the location on it? Is the bottle also going to bomb things for me or allow me to hover?

i sure it won't.

Still very tempted to get this. Couldn't they have done both? the bottle and 3ds or gamepad tingle tuner implementation?

#82 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Probably, but this is Nintendo, they only do things half-assed....

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#83 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

They probably figured it wasn't worth it. Probably have data from when the original game was released that says few people used the Tingle Tuner

#84 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Probably have data from when the original game was released that says few people used the Tingle Tuner

If I had to guess I'd say they probably figured if they had to put work into getting TT working, why not use that effort to boost Miiverse?  That's a guess and possibly bullshit, though less likely to be bullshit than N sitting around with a database full of GC-GBA consumer statistics, crunching the numbers, and telling the developers, "Okay, boys, shut down the TT production line!"

This game is just so tied to the GC controller in my mind that I won't experience it in any other way.  Wind Waker uses that thing so perfectly, it's so fluid.  They take the good parts of the OOT controls and make them even better given the improved controller.  I'm an old man on this re-release, and my attitude is similar to that when playing TP and SS: I can't get past the control.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=zelda

Amazon has this at $60

I need a new signature.

#86 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

They also have it out December, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said Fall, quite even possibly August. Amazon just makes shit up.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#87 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

This was officially dated for October in the media (or investor) presentation, right? In that slideshow?

And, why is it news that it's listed as $60? Did Nintendo indicate that this would be cheaper than a normal retail game somewhere? If it ends up at $50, great, but I fully expected it to be, you know, normal Wii U game price.

#88 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

A lot of ps2 remakes sold for 40$ initially. Not sure if all did. That's the only reason to assume it'd be less than $60, other than the game being ten years old.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#89 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

HD re-releases are rarely $60, especially for one game. If it is I'm sure as hell not getting it anytime soon. There's enough coming out in the next several months that's new, even on the Wii U.

#90 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I watched my son play this at the Best Buy E3 demos thing. Sometimes it looked great, and sometimes it looked like upscaled textures and didn't look that good. Kind of a mixed bag in the graphical upgrade department. Of course the game will still be good.

Crunchewy.png