Balloon Fight - Wii U Virtual Console - 30 Cents

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.

I thought that too but I rewatched it and he only said that the prices will revert after 30 days, nothing concrete about it being a 30 day license.

uc.png

#32 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone know if Wii points carry over to the Wii U? I have a 2000 point card that's sealed in a clamshell.

Yes, but they're still restricted to the Wii's Shop Channel. They can't be used on the Wii U eShop.

& totally gonna get Super Metroid when that's on sale in May.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

The price is valid for 30 days. The game is yours. I downloaded it from the shop and there was no disclaimer that it would expire.

Plus you can change the button assignments, cool.

To be clear, there will be a different game each month available for 30 cents/30 pence, and if you buy a game at that price it's like any other download, so it's yours permanently for that cost.

http://www.nintendol..._campaign_today

Plus on the eShop it says

Only $0.30 for a limited time

#34 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

You got your facts mixed here:

Exisitng games on Wii's Virtual Console: $1.00-$2.00 to upgrade

Balloon Fight on the Wii U Virtual Console - 30 cents

Yes, got everything mashed into one

30 cent games are already set for the Wii U
Other games not there yet will cost between 1-3 dollars to upgrade depending on the system (initial reports) so far we're sure of the 1 dollar for NES and 1.50 for SNES

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#35 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.

your racist mind got in the way of actually understanding the facts. :applause:

Firepowerr.png

#36 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

so only for the WII U or can you download it on the 3ds
WOOOO I STINK

#37 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Only for WiiU
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#38 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Is it possible to buy these online and get a code, if I don't have a WiiU yet?

?

#39 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Good to know you get to keep them. The promotion says Trial, so it makes you think it will expire.

If it does, lots of people will want their 30 cents back ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#40 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'd like some balloon fight.

Oh wait, that's right..it's over a week now and AT&T still hasn't fixed my darned Internet.

#41 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Why the hell are over half the posts complaining about the licensing on a 30 cent game when Microsoft and Sony charge monthly fees just to go online, and WoW charged $15 per month for PvP? Come on, guys. I know we're cheap, but that's foolishness.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#42 kamiyan89

kamiyan89

Colombian CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

your racist mind got in the way of actually understanding the facts. :applause:

and why I'm a racist now, because i say ''regiura purice''? i study japanese since i was 15 years old, i love that country more than you think and i joke with my japanese teacher about how they pronounce certain words in english, i'm not saying anything bad about him.

even in japan they joke about their english pronuntiation in certain animes and also how english speakers pronounce japanese.

Posted Image

for example Steins;gate

anyway thanks for calling me racist.

#43 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

you didn't need to explain yourself. you made a joke, so i made one too.

no hard feelings

Firepowerr.png

#44 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Super Metroid for $0.30 is crazy good.

Probably a stupid question, but will the Wii Virtual Console also have those prices? Or only the Wii U Virtual Console?

Same question here. Someone said not for 3ds but what about original Wii?

Why the hell are over half the posts complaining about the licensing on a 30 cent game when Microsoft and Sony charge monthly fees just to go online, and WoW charged $15 per month for PvP? Come on, guys. I know we're cheap, but that's foolishness.

Agreed but Sony does not charge anything for online play.

#45 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

It's WiiU only, guys. The promotion for the 30 year anniversary and also to show off the VC on the WiiU with added features like off screen play.

"Wii U owners who have purchased the game(s) during the promotional period will not need to purchase the game(s) again at the regular price."

Also someone a another forum I go to said that there was a 10 point post play survey for Club Nintendo.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#46 sicsonic

sicsonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

The original Wii does not have Balloon Fight at 30 points. i checked. Either does the 3DS.

So since no one answered my question twice, I'm going to say Nintendo doesn't let you purchase games off the internet (ala Microsoft/360). I looked on their site but couldn't find anything.

Only way to get these is to have a WiiU, plain and simple.

#47 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

If it does, lots of people will want their 30 cents back ;)

I'm fine with a 25cent refund. It was at least worth a nickel;)

#48 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

The original Wii does not have Balloon Fight at 30 points. i checked. Either does the 3DS.

So since no one answered my question twice, I'm going to say Nintendo doesn't let you purchase games off the internet (ala Microsoft/360). I looked on their site but couldn't find anything.

Only way to get these is to have a WiiU, plain and simple.

That's because of Nintendo's annoying policy of tying games to the console and not to an account.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#49 sicsonic

sicsonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

The promotion for the 30 year anniversary

Which makes no sense to me. Basically this is how i see it:

Nintendo: "Oh, you've played Nintendo games for 30 years and bought and supported every system up until the WiiU, but haven't bought the WiiU yet? F*ck you."

What a great way to reward ALL of those that made your company still standing today.

#50 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Deal with it. It's a WiiU specific promotion that is tied to the 30 years anniversary. Maybe there'll be something for the 3DS, who knows. Look at it as similar to the Ambassador program on the 3DS, if you don't own one then you're out of luck.

You're sounding entitled.

#51 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Guess it's time to buy these games for the twentieth time.
Posted Image

#52 sicsonic

sicsonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

You're sounding entitled.

Well, lets see, over the 30 years I've bought an NES, SNES, Game Boy Color, N64, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and a Nintendo 3DS. And most of these were before the days of CAG.

You're damn right I feel a little "entitled".

That's because of Nintendo's annoying policy of tying games to the console and not to an account.

You can do it on Club Nintendo... I'm sure it's possible to come up with some way to buy and pay for a code to redeem.

And I thought Nintendo had redeemable retail codes for downloadable games to purchase from game retailers, just like with Sony/PSN and Microsoft/XBLA?

#53 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Guess it's time to buy these games for the twentieth time.

I would keep buying Super Metroid over and over, until the end of forever, if i had to in order to keep playing it. Best 2D game of all time. And my personal best(on my old SNES cart) was 100% in either 1:14 or 1:16. Don't remember exactly(haven't done it in eighteen years!), but i do remember my last save is at 1:05. Hammered out all the sequence breaks on my own, pre-GameFAQS(even pre internet, as far as my household was concerned). Even wrote myself a walkthrough, though at two pages long, it didn't make sense to anyone but me. (i used the phrase "bomb up" a whole lot)

#54 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well, lets see, over the 30 years I've bought an NES, SNES, Game Boy Color, N64, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and a Nintendo 3DS. And most of these were before the days of CAG.

You're damn right I feel a little "entitled".

You bought all those and never bought any of these games?
They've only been re-released for the past two decades. :lol:

I would keep buying Super Metroid over and over, until the end of forever, if i had to in order to keep playing it. Best 2D game of all time. And my personal best(on my old SNES cart) was 100% in either 1:14 or 1:16. Don't remember exactly(haven't done it in eighteen years!), but i do remember my last save is at 1:05. Hammered out all the sequence breaks on my own, pre-GameFAQS(even pre internet, as far as my household was concerned). Even wrote myself a walkthrough, though at two pages long, it didn't make sense to anyone but me. (i used the phrase "bomb up" a whole lot)

Oh, I love it too. But I remember it was a big deal when it finally came out on Wii.
I'd much rather have some actual new games.

Are these even updated? or just ROMs like they've been releasing since forever.
Posted Image

#55 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

The question is if Nintendo will do this again or not? And whether or not future systems will allow you to transfer all VC games to future systems or not (Wii and Wii U). If not, then it becomes a serious problem for consumers. One that I don't think they'll want to bear.

This isn't an upgrade program. It's a sale, basically.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#56 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

so only for the WII U or can you download it on the 3ds

I couldn't even find it on the 3ds' shop. I really wish they'd combine everything so we could buy things once and be able to play them on either system.

#57 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Kids it says right there in the headline "Wii U Virtual Console." Now go out and throw down $300.30 for a 30 year old game like I did

#58 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm extremely excited by this sale though reading these posts has me a bit worried that I'm just renting these games. However, I do believe the "trial" that everyone keeps mentioning is just that Nintendo is "trying out" the WiiU Virtual Console before it officially launches in April.

That being said, I'm not that interested in Balloon Fight but all the other titles in the lineup are definite buys, though I don't know if I ever played Yoshi for the NES. Here's hoping they roll out N64 games sooner rather than later and maybe, just maybe, eventually Gamecube games.

Also, as an update to the OP, the sale should be the first thing you see when you enter the eShop on the Wii-U. No searching required.
Posted Image

#59 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Which makes no sense to me. Basically this is how i see it:

Nintendo: "Oh, you've played Nintendo games for 30 years and bought and supported every system up until the WiiU, but haven't bought the WiiU yet? F*ck you."

What a great way to reward ALL of those that made your company still standing today.

Oh , and how would you do it? Send people free shit by mail?:roll:

#60 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm extremely excited by this sale though reading these posts has me a bit worried that I'm just renting these games. However, I do believe the "trial" that everyone keeps mentioning is just that Nintendo is "trying out" the WiiU Virtual Console before it officially launches in April.

Yes, you nailed it on the head there when defining "trial"; although to everyone's credit the Nintendo Direct video made it very confusing so I could see how people got confused.
---

Anyways, I downloaded last night, and to confirm to others you can indeed pay just 32 cents (includes tax), no need to add extra funds. Personally, I think Balloon Fight is worth about...32 cents. I'm guessing I'll play it maybe one more time so I'd say I'll get my money's worth out of it.