Balloon Fight - Wii U Virtual Console - 30 Cents

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Candyvin

Candyvin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I downloaded my balloon game. I'm going to get them all!!!

#62 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thanks Bob. Grabbed it for the kids.
Posted Image

#63 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm tempted to buy every game except Punch-Out, to send a message about which game I really wanted to see (the month we get Punch-Out, Japan gets Earthbound).

#64 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm tempted to buy every game except Punch-Out, to send a message about which game I really wanted to see (the month we get Punch-Out, Japan gets Earthbound).

Odds of Nintendo receiving that message . . .

#65 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I wish we got earthbound... I'm definitely in for all these games. Time to break out the Wii U I bought in november. Too bad I still need to upgrade the firmware.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#66 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

At least Nintendo is trying here, and doing cool little sales and stuff. But IMO this is still pretty screwed up, ONE game for .30 for a whole MONTH? Should be a .30 game a week, or at the most every two weeks, lol. ONE a MONTH?

It's also screwed up that since they're "updating" all the VC games that you'll have to pay a "small fee" to repurchase them to play on Wii U's VC. They owe all Nintendo fans a big thanks for supporting VC to begin with because the prices have always been pretty outrageous and they had a terribly and unnecessarily long release schedule.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#67 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hmm... do I become a semi-early adopter for the sake of 30 cent games? :P

#68 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

It's worth noting that Nintendo will be offering a different $0.30 game every month through July.

• January: Balloon Fight
  • February: F-Zero
  • March: Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream
  • April: Kirby’s Adventure
  • May: Super Metroid
  • June: Yoshi
  • July: Donkey Kong
I'm ready!

Damn. I already own all of these except the gimped version of Donkey Kong.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#69 badramen

badramen

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Damn. I already own all of these except the gimped version of Donkey Kong.

But, buying these copies will net you the ability to launch them from within the WiiU menu, along with the additional benefits that provides (Miiverse support, configurable controls, etc.)

It would be silly to not buy them all, because as much as I will NEVER play Yoshi's Cookie, $.30 is a ridiculous price for classics, let alone, I don't even think Steam has had this good of a deal on any game! :O

Edited by badramen, 24 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

FYI, I like pi(e).

#70 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Odds of Nintendo receiving that message . . .

Iwata-san! We're 30 cents short this month! This demands your attention!

#71 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Oh , and how would you do it? Send people free shit by mail?:roll:

I think anything short of a sicsonic (lifetime nintendo fan with a Sega username, really?) parade would not be enough.

#72 fhsfootball74

fhsfootball74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

The great thing here is if you already own VC games on the Wii you don't have to bay the extra 1.00-1.50 if you don't want to the games will still work just fine on the Wii U when playing in Wii mode. You are basically paying for an upgrade for off screen play, customizable controls, etc.

Heck half my VC games I don't even touch anymore. Only about 10-15 games i'd even want to upgrade. My one question though is for the 30 cent sale in June where it says Yoshi is it referring to Yoshi's Island? If so :D

#73 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

The great thing here is if you already own VC games on the Wii you don't have to bay the extra 1.00-1.50 if you don't want to the games will still work just fine on the Wii U when playing in Wii mode. You are basically paying for an upgrade for off screen play, customizable controls, etc.

Heck half my VC games I don't even touch anymore. Only about 10-15 games i'd even want to upgrade. My one question though is for the 30 cent sale in June where it says Yoshi is it referring to Yoshi's Island? If so :D

http://en.wikipedia....hi_(video_game)

#74 fhsfootball74

fhsfootball74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia....hi_(video_game)

Ahh I forgot about THAT Yoshi game. Shame, well I'll still be grabbing Super Metroid.:)

#75 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

The great thing here is if you already own VC games on the Wii you don't have to bay the extra 1.00-1.50 if you don't want to the games will still work just fine on the Wii U when playing in Wii mode.

Refreshing to see somebody to gets what Nintendo is doing, instead of the usual, "WHAT?! HOW DARE THEY CHARGE US FOR ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND DEVELOPMENT TIME ON A GAME I'VE ALREADY PLAYED?!! YOU CAN PRY MY THIRTY CENTS FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS, NINTENDO!!! Now, where's that new $15 Call of Duty map pack, half of whose maps are remakes?"
Posted Image

#76 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Refreshing to see somebody to gets what Nintendo is doing, instead of the usual, "WHAT?! HOW DARE THEY CHARGE US FOR ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND DEVELOPMENT TIME ON A GAME I'VE ALREADY PLAYED?!! YOU CAN PRY MY THIRTY CENTS FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS, NINTENDO!!! Now, where's that new $15 Call of Duty map pack, half of whose maps are remakes?"

Yeah, I already have Super Metroid, but 30 cents beats the heck out of $1.50 to upgrade. That's an 80 percent discount!

#77 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

The original Wii does not have Balloon Fight at 30 points. i checked. Either does the 3DS.

So since no one answered my question twice, I'm going to say Nintendo doesn't let you purchase games off the internet (ala Microsoft/360). I looked on their site but couldn't find anything.

Only way to get these is to have a WiiU, plain and simple.

Why not just look it up in the first place? Why did someone have to answer you TWICE??

106889.png

#78 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Super Metroid is the only Wii VC game that I bought that I'll realistically ever play again. I'm glad there's no reason for me to do a Wii transfer now and deal with that nonsense. I'll just buy it again for peanuts.

#79 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Call me insane, but I'd feel awful for only paying 30 cents for Earthbound.

#80 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Balloon Fight is that price for 30 days? Interesting. I assumed it would only be good for the remainder of January and then FZero would start on Feb 1. I wonder if FZero will still start on Feb 1 so they can get the schedule sorted out? Kind of weird if we have to wait until the 22nd of every month to get the new deal...

If it is good 30 days, I might just get it. Nintendo direct has convinced me to get a WiiU, but I'm going to wait for Rayman to come out on Feb 26. I suppose I could get it 4 days early for $.30 balloon fight...

#81 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

It's good for 30 days, yeah. No word on whether they will overlap or if F-Zero will go on sale Feb 22. We'll see in a week.

#82 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Each new game starts at the end of the 30 days, no overlap.

Source: Nintendo.com

(Well, I guess there's like two days of overlap, but whatever :-P)

#83 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.

No. He said after thirty days the will return to regular price.
For not being a native speaker you sound like an insensitive dick.

#84 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

I think anything short of a sicsonic (lifetime nintendo fan with a Sega username, really?) parade would not be enough.

Ny name is a reference to a Basketball team I watched for 25 years, not Sonic the Hedgehog. I was and always will be a Nintendo fan over Sega, though I loved the Genesis & Dreamcast.

#85 sicsonic

sicsonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Why not just look it up in the first place? Why did someone have to answer you TWICE??

I looked it up before i asked, and couldn't find anything, so I thought maybe I missed it so I asked. i kind of said that IN the post you quoted, so learn to read there buddy.

Oh , and how would you do it? Send people free shit by mail?:roll:

Give them a reward like they give to Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum members? Is it that hard to think of something decent for people who bought their systems for 30 years?

Just because your parents buy you a WiiU doesn't mean you're the only that supports Nintendo.

#86 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Ny name is a reference to a Basketball team I watched for 25 years, not Sonic the Hedgehog. I was and always will be a Nintendo fan over Sega, though I loved the Genesis & Dreamcast.

Have you done anything for less than 25 years?

#87 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

:lol:
I get what they're "trying to do."
Just funny they're charging .30 for games they gave away to early 3DS adopters.
Games which have no upgrades to them at all.

These "classics" have been rehashed since the days of the E-Reader.. that says a lot.
Posted Image

#88 sicsonic

sicsonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Have you done anything for less than 25 years?

My city's NBA team (watched with Grandparents) and Nintendo (video games, played with parents) are the very few things that have been part of my life for my whole life.

#89 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I already own some of these games on Wii, if I go through all that transferring jazz I can get them for cheaper?

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#90 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

I already own some of these games on Wii, if I go through all that transferring jazz I can get them for cheaper?

It costs $1 per NES and $1.50 per SNES to 'upgrade' your VC games from Wii to have the new WiiU features. You are better off to buy them on the WiiU for 30c, way cheaper.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku