Balloon Fight - Wii U Virtual Console - 30 Cents

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

It costs $1 per NES and $1.50 per SNES to 'upgrade' your VC games from Wii to have the new WiiU features. You are better off to buy them on the WiiU for 30c, way cheaper.

Right on man, I think I'll do just that.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#92 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Games with (normal prices):
January: Balloon Fight ($5)
February: F-Zero ($8)
March: Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream ($5)
April: Kirby’s Adventure ($5)
May: Super Metroid ($8)
June: Yoshi ($5)
July: Donkey Kong ($5)
=
WiiU $349.99 + $2.1 - $41 = $311.09
A WiiU price cut of $38.90

#93 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Just downloaded it, I was surprised to find I could play it on the Gamepad, from what I had read I was expecting to have to play it in the Wii channel, nope, Wii U icon and plays on the gamepad as well as having the new saving features, etc.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#94 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

=

Didn't think of it like that. I was already planning on buying them all anyway, but this makes me happy I made my decision.

I'd like to see them continue something similar to this after this has run its course. I don't expect them to be 30 cents, but a deal on some of the VC games would be sweet.

#95 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

=

How the hell did I miss that it was SUPER Metroid!? All I saw was Metroid earlier, I was going to buy it anyway but ... Super Metroid ... one of my biggest gaming regrets selling my original copy, well that and selling my original Panasonic 3do, FZ-1.

I still get a kick out of the normal pricing. I'd never buy any of those at those prices, well except maybe Super Metroid, just maybe.

#96 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't know - Kirby's Adventure is well worth $5 if you like Kirby games.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#97 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

But, buying these copies will net you the ability to launch them from within the WiiU menu, along with the additional benefits that provides (Miiverse support, configurable controls, etc.)

It would be silly to not buy them all, because as much as I will NEVER play Yoshi's Cookie, $.30 is a ridiculous price for classics, let alone, I don't even think Steam has had this good of a deal on any game! :O

I can't believe a CAG is telling me I should rebuy a game I already own for any price, especially on a system I (supposedly) already have it on. Especially when these "upgrades" should have taken 1 man maybe half a day had Nintendo coded these games properly in the first place.

What are we coming to? If I want to blindly buy whatever Nintendo puts out, I'll go visit GoNintendo.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#98 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

No. He said after thirty days the will return to regular price.
For not being a native speaker you sound like an insensitive dick.

Oh come on, people are still giving this guy a hard time? It was a joke, and I thought it was hilarious.

#99 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Wii U owners need to just buy these regardless, I'm buying all of these just because/to support more sales down the pipe.

I really hope Nintendo gets back on the Virtual Console horse, they neglected that sucker for so long, so many great classic games WAITING to be bought by people.

Final rant: Can we please go back to Mike Tyson's Punch-out already? This is 2013 Nintendo. C'mon.

#100 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I can't believe a CAG is telling me I should rebuy a game I already own for any price, especially on a system I (supposedly) already have it on. Especially when these "upgrades" should have taken 1 man maybe half a day had Nintendo coded these games properly in the first place.

What a load. I like how so many people on the internet who have never had a system devkit in their life just assume they know the amount of work it takes to optimize something for said system. You get to play it on the GamePad, there's a corresponding Miiverse community for each of these games, and there's save states. If this doesn't sound like it's worth $0.30 for a game you've never played before or want to play again, or $1-$1.50 for a game you already own on Wii VC, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that. When you bought your game on Wii VC originally 3 years ago or whatever, you had no idea you would be getting this sort of thing. If Nintendo just released a new console without a tablet-like controller, you might say "I should be able to transfer my old Wii VC games onto this new system." Guess what? You can already do that. You don't have to pay extra, but if you want those extra aforementioned things, you're going to have to pay, horror of horrors, a dollar or so extra. If it's not worth the dollar to you, don't buy it.

#101 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

For anyone on the fence about this and has a Club Nintendo account this download will get you a 10 coin post play survey. AFAIK that's the cheapest official way to earn coins. $2.10 for 70 coins is a no brainer.

uc.png

#102 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Picked it up and well worth the two bits plus 5.

Making Love To You Was Never Second Best ...
sig.gif

Second best website to CAG: www.consolecolors.com

#103 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

Gonna be a good $2.10 fron jan-jul. Sure i own all of these in their original formats as well as lots of virtual ones but hey, 30 cents for easy access to super metroid and punchout? sold.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe