The Definitive Region Free Import Game List

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Any game with a * by it may need an English walkthrough to play. Obviously all games from the UK and Australia are in English. Anybody care to go through the list seeing any other games that may need a *?

#32 apa8ren9

apa8ren9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

This is a very good resource. I wanted Okami and I was holding out getting it on PSN. Now that I know there is an option to get a physical copy with English subtitles, I will get that instead. I never knew it existed! Thanks for this thread!

Edited by apa8ren9, 05 February 2013 - 02:49 AM.
add line

#33 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Does anyone know if House of the Dead 4 came out on disc in Japan for PS3?

#34 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Doesn't look like it.

#35 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Quick bump. I got my copy of Okami, takes forever to install (game does not "load" off disc, it installs the game period.

When it came up and the opening movie loaded up, it was in JPN, jammed the start and other buttons and nothing happened....I was like wth.....:cry: Then I jammed the start button some more and up came the start screen, thankfully in full english. Started it, and yes it's in english as well.

Lastly it included a playview code for PSN Asia accounts to download a scroll viewer, whatever that is. Still nice to see some free DLC with the game, nice to have it on disc for $10 premium.

Just wanted to let everyone know, who was interested.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#36 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

I know this thread is old but its useful (I found it looking for a list). I also wanted to add that Eye of Judgment for PSP was digital only in the US but had a physical release in EU.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#37 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

The holy grail PS3 import for me is an English language version of PS3 Aquanaut's Holiday. There's a Korean version and an HK version, but be careful because there was also an HK Japanese release that looks similar. PITA to find and costs $200+ once you do.

uc.png

#38 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

I forgot I made this thread. If anyone has a list of games or anything to help out so I can update it, let me know!!!

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#39 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

We now have a physical copy for Tokyo Jungle so you can remove that from the list. Also Senran Kagura Burst has a retail copy in Europe while it is digital only here.

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#40 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

This is helpful.  Been looking at the region free shmups for awhile now.  Didn't know about that Captain Morgan point and click game on the PS3.

Also didn't know there was a European version of White Knight Chronicles Origins.  I have been trying to find all the PSP/DS/PS3/360 region free games that weren't released in North America.

#41 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Did somebody say Region Free shmups? I can only speak for the Xbox 360, but this is what I have in my collection and can personally attest for.

Deathsmiles II X (US / JAP) - Digital download for the US. Never released in EU.

DoDonPachi Resurrection (US / EU) - Import from Europe. Japanese has their own region locked version.

DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - Region Free

Eschatos (Wonder Price) - Region Free

Espgaluda II (Platinum Collection) - Region Free

Ginga Force - Region Free

Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets (Cave The Best) - Region Free

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 (Platinum Collection) - Region Free

Supposedly the new release of Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst is region free as well. Already have my pre-order in so it's a matter of it making it's way across the seas at this point.

card.png

#42 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Also forgot to add Virtual-On Force for the 360. Released in Japan/Asia and has English. There is a CE too. It is region free.

#43 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Aww, Sailor Moon!

I checked Amazon but it's not available :(

I would have bought it too

No reliving of my childhood I guess

Equistina.png

#44 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

I've been playing J-Star Victory Vs. It's like Smash Bros with anime/manga characters (DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, etc)

It's still rather expensive and a new copy could run you over $70. Obviously it's a fighter so it's playable to non-Japanese speaking players but It is very heavy in Japanese. Every menu, dialogue and option is in Japanese so there's little help there. There are visual guides online to help walk you through. It took me a few hours to get 100% used to the menus and game play. But once I got it down I was having a blast.

Playable characters, assist characters and items are bought through the store. You can get these points through either Story or Arcade. So it's possible to skip the story mode and just do arcade and still collect everything (unless you want those trophies)

If anyone decides to pick it up and has questions fire me a PM and I'll help as much as I can.

#45 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Aww, Sailor Moon!

I checked Amazon but it's not available :(

I would have bought it too

No reliving of my childhood I guess

Which sailor moon game? The one for DS? I'm going to update the list later today or tomorrow!

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#46 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Which sailor moon game? The one for DS? I'm going to update the list later today or tomorrow!

there's more than 1?! Childhood will possibly be relived then? :D

This one from your list:

Sailor Moon: La Luna Splende (Italy)

Italian I'll understand so it would work out perfect lol

Equistina.png

#47 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

:ps3: Project DIVA F can be pulled from the list, since it was released in the US.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!