Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Does Amazon Post-order Price Match?

#32 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply).
Posted Image

#33 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply).

He said Post-order, as in after the release date.

And the answer is no, not officially. If there's a price drop on an item a couple of days after being shipped to you, you might be able to get a partial refund or promo credit for the difference if you explain the situation to an Amazon CS rep, but again, Amazon doesn't officially post-PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#34 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Snap. Amazon stole back my preorder from Microsoft, who had stolen it from Best Buy, who had stolen it from Amazon. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#35 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

It's hard to tell what post-order should mean. If you're being literal, it means after the order. Which might still be before the release date, esp in this case.

#36 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

YMMV. Depends on who you get on the phone.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#37 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I was going to pre-order from MS Store but I'd rather have the $20 credit over the 1600 pts card that MS was offering. Probably will just put the credit towards MGS Rising

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#38 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

As much as i like this, AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months. At least with this amazon credit, the drop is guaranteed, so i dont have to worry about PM.

This is not right. You get $20 + the chance to PM the game to $40 at BBY.

#39 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ordered Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 just to send Amazon the idea that we want more of these $20 preorders.

I might not even keep the preorders thought, since I own Dead Space 1 & 2 and Crysis 1& 2 and they are still in my backlog. Will likely cancel cause I don't want my backlog to grow. That said, this is tempting. And Dead Space 3 is priced at $57.09, so that's $3 saved on top of it all. I gotta play the Dead Space 3 demo and the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta so I can try them before release date.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#40 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...

#41 lucid734

lucid734

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Is this dead now?

#42 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...

This is exactly how I feel. Although, I'm drawn to the promo credit, I got both my Dead Space games for $10 and $15. Somehow I see myself not liking this game more than 2 since it looks way to geared towards action instead of scaring the shit out of you. Since Fire Emblem Awakening is coming out in the same week, I think I might pass on this.

#43 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Is this dead now?

Nope. It says right on the product page under Special Offers and Promotions. You have to scroll down a bit, past "Customers who bought this item..." Kind of an inconvenient placement but it's there.

#44 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I also said the same thing, but that $20 extra promo credit is mighty tempting.. Just think of buying this game brand new for 40 bucks, while you collect 20 dollar rebate credit back.

#45 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

these games will drop quick. especially its EA.

#46 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I also said the same thing, but that $20 extra promo credit is mighty tempting.. Just think of buying this game brand new for 40 bucks, while you collect 20 dollar rebate credit back.

I feel the exact same way as the other procrastinators. DS1 and 2 dropped in price extremely fast. There was a valid argument for picking up DS2 at full price because the LE came with DS Extraction. This time, it's just suits and guns.

Knowing that DS, like all other major action titles (gears for example), tends to drop in price almost by 50% soon after release, I must hold off. The other part that convinces me to hold off is that DS1 and especially DS2 are amongst the lowest value AAA trade-in credits anywhere.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#47 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thank you Amazon for bringing credit back even if it means matching other companies! Glad your back on board :)

Also this was $57 for awhile. So $37 for a new release isn't bad if you factor in credit you'll spend nayways.

#48 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thank you Op been waiting for something to order the game.

#49 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Preordered both Dead Space and Crysis. Had about $140 in promotional Amazon credit I had to use anyways.

#50 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

pre-ordered previously... good to see they'll apply this to mine as well.
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#51 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Dead Space 3 confirmed to have micro transactions. Doubtful purchase for me, but thanks for the heads up!
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#52 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

^^ for weapon building, modding... whatever. Why not buy the game and NOT use the micro transaction part of the game? I know I won't.
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#53 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sweet, pre-ordered this earlier this month for the price of $56.99 and glad to see the return of the $20 credit from Amazon, thanks OP.

#54 SephirothWF

SephirothWF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sweet! Really glad I locked this in when it was $56.99. Will probably use this towards Aliens or Etrian Odyssey IV.

#55 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Which version is better for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3: 360 or PS3? I don't want to start a flame war I just want to ask because I'm not super familiar with the earlier games.

#56 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

yeah sticking with my bestbuy preorder deals. the ability to get the 20 off and to price match in 60 days is too much of a chance to get paid for playing new release games. only problem now is rushing through backlog, i.e. finishing dead space 1 n 2 before 3 comes out! :)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#57 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Which version is better for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3: 360 or PS3? I don't want to start a flame war I just want to ask because I'm not super familiar with the earlier games.

Crysis 2 looked better on PS3 from what I remember. You can expect to have multiple discs for the 360 version too. Overall they should be pretty similar though.

#58 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

As much as i like this, AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months. At least with this amazon credit, the drop is guaranteed, so i dont have to worry about PM.

Best Buy already has a $20 credit - and that isn't factored into the PM. So if it drops to $50 in 59 days, you still keep the $20 credit and get $10 back. That's what he means ;).

Though im gonna order from Amazon since I have too much credit there as it is =]

Edited by Pookymeister, 24 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#59 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Shoot, I was going to hold off on this one, but that $20 is really tempting....

Glad to see Amazon back into the fray, it's been too long.

#60 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Crysis 2 looked better on PS3 from what I remember. You can expect to have multiple discs for the 360 version too. Overall they should be pretty similar though.

Thanks!